Do You Ever Feel guilt When You Win?

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never you get called and busted by some average hands and they tell you there a poker god !! So taking them down with rubbish is a trill !! All in 9-2 today #DoyleBrunson time

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I do not feel guilty if I won. We all have to play to win, not to lose. And if someone beat me - he was better - I accept. I won - I've been better - it should take.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think that you can really feel sorry for other people in poker. I play at the low stakes so it doesn't matter so much, but I can see the problem if you play at really high stakes where the money really matters for some recreational players who don't know about BRM. Say I was playing $2000 SnGs against a raging recreational player who was clearly losing what is a huge amount of money for them, I might start to feel bad taking money off them if it could be their loan/ mortgage. At this point I might tell them to stop and not play against them any more. I think that some level of morals should come into it otherwise I feel that you're being quite immoral.

I asked Tonkaaaa about this once about this, and he says that he doesn't feel sorry for people, but if people clearly really care about the money, he tries to avoid playing against them so that he doesn't ruin them. This sounds like a fair approach to take at the nosebleed stakes.

But no. At the micro- low stakes you can't just feel bad for grandpa because he lost $50 and he has a picture of a dog as an avatar.

I can see what you mean, but I think that playing the best you can is always best. If someone doesn't know how bankroll management works and they play at the micros then they can go ahead and lose it.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I always feel excited and for the reason, just won the tourney and kick some buts all the way....
you know what I mean
:)

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never.We are all playing poker to win.I am never apologize through chat or on live game.Even i am not apologize to my grandma and fight against my baby daughter in every games <D .Shes not love play with me any game,because i am always win.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Why to feel like this? Victory is the purpose!

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@literally everyone I'm inclined to mostly agree with the whole 'victory is the only thing you aim for' type thing, but surely even the regs here would have to agree that there are some exceptions, such as if a person is losing life changing amounts of money, and you could prevent that from happening...

J

John16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutly no, why i have feel guilty, its poker :D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's true , I must admit , I usually feel guilt when I win .
Guilt because I 'm thinking about all the additional chips I could have earned from the villain if I had played correctly the hand with the appropriate bet sizes on a tournament .
Guilt about the additional $$$$ I leave on the cash table because of the slow plays or the wrong bets or inexperience .
Guilt ,guilt , guilt ..... Tiiilllltt !!!

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no i never feel guilty.thats because even i have won only due to luck that has happened many times to my opponents.do you think they feel guilty at this certain time or they are satisfied?

vitja0101

vitja0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the victory should be happy and just what I do !!!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About such as I do not think. My money spent on poker too, someone wins, then why should I feel guilty in the win. Let them play better and they will not be sorry for the money. They all came to play with the knowledge that they can lose.

B

bkr3026

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In certain cases I have felt bad when I've won but this was only when I've won with absolute garbage. The thing that you have to realize is that when you win, others are out there to take you out as well, so you shouldn't feel bad for winning

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I feel "bad" when I end up short handed with people that are clearly worse players then me.

Pushing someone around at the end can feel kinda brutal (but also rewarding)

Farmz

Farmz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have done against friends with garbage hands . Guilt with some embarrassment lol

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not anymore after 9 weeks on #pokerstars what happens, happens! Suck it up and enjoy

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never...There is no "Sorry" in poker..

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahahahaha !!! This is ridiculous not see a reason to be sorry after the victory.
I play to win and do not complain opponent who is 70 years old and a dog for avatars. hahahahaha

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i don`t feel guilty when i win,,,it`s got nothing to do with the opponent,i just hate to lose,,,more than i like to win. And it`s him or me,so,,,,,let it be them:cool: Peace.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. This is a game, and each must be prepared to defeat. But sometimes when I'm on a bluff well cling flop and win at the hands of AA and KK. Then a little sorry for the opponents. Because a lot of times he had been in their place.

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must be joking feel guilty, I don't think so, although I play the game for fun I still have a little cheer to myself when I win and I am sure most of my opponents think the same

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont usually feel guilt, but when i do, its on friends homegames. But i think when you sit on a table to play poker you have to know that everyone is looking for the win, no matter who is against you

tigeraxl

tigeraxl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its weird because its just a game after all and we are playing it because we want to win, but sometimes when i win i feel bad and sorry for the other player.
Especially when the player's name is something like "grandpa" and he/she has a dog as an avatar.
When you lose you get mad and when you win you feel guilty. lol
Never.... maybe lucky more or less . I must say that after a mtt played for at least 4h & get to win it ,i feel amazin ,energized ,confident.Maybe just because i m a mtt guy ,maybe you re a cash or s&g player ....

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to say it again. I don't feel guilty at all about winning. Last night, for example, after having my chip stack diminished by suck outs and coolers, I found myself down to 8xBB. When I got my chips in with pocket JJ only to see my all-in called by a player holding KK, I did not feel the slightest bit guilty when I saw another Jack land on the flop. I'm sorry, but I just wasn't sorry.