M

marcelotiengo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks dakota

thanks dakota - this is really cool. I read both interviews and I plan on reading the one from Katie Stone eventually, but being that it's like 3AM at the moment I think I'll hold off

I think it is truly amazing though that Chris Moneymaker set up a house in canada for almost the practically sole purpose of going to play online poker at pokerstars in it. It's always good to see stuff from him though, because he is an inspiration to all young poker players

Just out of curiosity, who else are you going to post interviews with? And thank you for the good read(s).

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting. ty

If US poker players come back to PS there will be 4rd times more people than now

burgdogky

burgdogky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great read! October 8 of 2015 I will be moving to play poker professionally, however location and If I want to play strictly online is still in the air. It's definitely an exciting time in my life. Life is 2 short not to live your dream!! You may fail at what you don't want, so why not take the same chance at what you want?

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Moneymaker

We have had several threads in the forum asking if any of us in the US have re-located to play online poker. Most of us here are casual, recreational or part time poker players. But we have still been deeply affected by the events that occurred on Black Friday. Some Cardschat members depended on the extra income for college, paying some extra bills etc.

Many of us also have friends who did play poker for a living - and depended on it for their income. There are many US players who have now re-located to other countries so they can continue to play poker online.

We have done exclusive interviews with 7 of them (and may have more in the future). We thought you would be interested to know where some of them have re-located to, how they feel about it and how they have adjusted to their new homes.

You may have heard of some of them and others may be new names to you. But they are all professional poker players and derive the majority - if not all - of their income from playing poker. Hope you enjoy the interviews!

Our first interview was with Chris Moneymaker. We have talked to him in the forum about other things - this interview was specifically about his re-location. It can be found here:

Chris Moneymaker Interview

Katie Stone Interview

Cy Watson Interview

Ryan Laplante Interview

Katie Dozier Interview

Ryan Hughes Interview

Jonathan Little Interview

Thanks to Jennifer Newell for doing a great job with the interviews!

I wonder how much money Chris Moneymaker wins per year playing on line poker. And what Country did he move to.

mike:creep:
Oh heck,

I ask the questions before reading the interview on Chris Moneymake. All my questions above were answered in the the interview.Sorry, need to stop being lazy and read more.
mike

G

glenn161274

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really interesting interviews to see what lengths some people have gone to so they can play poker..

J

jach24

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In pokerstars many old stars do not play, it's a shame to see how cut off their wings and no longer able to see them play, others have gone to Canada, Costa Rica from other countries to continue playing, but the truth that black Friday completely change the history of poker hurts ..

rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
moneymaker

chris m brought in tons of new players probably more than anyone in making the game so popular.

L

losties

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not from the us but but the sounds of it black Friday has actually ruined online poker for most players. They have lost that sportsman trust that cannot be mended or replace.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try out the Philippines, cost of living here is low and I met some US players who have tried to play poker here and gave positive feedback during their stay here 😄😄😄

T

ThomazGim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very Good

Very good this initiative

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Dacota!

Chris is still the gangster)) And finally he is a good man! Yes, I on his strategy now playing. He even wrote a book

T

Teofealter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CC: What type of bankroll management do you use?
Moneymaker: I use perfect bankroll management because my wife keeps all of my money!

Perfect Bankroll Management. That's the secret. lol

C

chef2000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
meny of us follow monneymaker.. he hasnt relly done any thing in the last cupple years for what i have seen

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's rather interesting to see where most Americans flock to play online poker. I can understand why most wouldn't come to Canada, due to the higher cost of living compared to mexico. Thoroughly enjoyed the snapshot into the lives of a pro poker player.

T

TheCreaTive7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QUE TAL SALUDOS SOY UN NUEVO USUARIO ESPERO SER DE SU AGRADO ... MUCHAS GRACIAS A TODOS Y SUERTE EN TODAS SUS MESAS ;)

B

Bayern2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good story so interesting and i really enjoyed... ;)

P

PuckerUpChat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about us poor peeons who can't move locations to play poker. I wish those that be would leave us alone.

C

ciobanca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Moneymaker is one of the players that brought me to poker.

P

PuckerUpChat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't relocate for the sake of poker...What are they talking about???On line poker???

counts24

counts24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a great thread with great interviews. It's been a consideration for me and I have turned to playing live poker to make a living since Black Friday but I would rather play online full time and moving out of the country has been a serious option but hopefully we are close to getting PokerStars back here in California and it will make this a non issue. Great interviews.

L

ljclaudio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the interviews, very interesting. I like to see how every player is different on how passionate they are for the game.