Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was actually reported by a player that I may be a bot back a few years ago on Stars. I had 6-8 mtt's going and all the sudden my chat boxes changed and I was asked to put in a Captcha word. I thought someone was trying to hack my PC and see my hole cards. I messaged support and they informed me some player thought I was a bot.
This ^ used to be a fairly common occurrence.
I don't even know if it was happening as a result of others reporting or if by some other method. (there was a short while when I would play alot of tables & have had that happen a couple of times). Used to hear about it alot from other players too (haven't heard about it for awhile now)
Sure bots are real, but there's a lot of misinformation about them in this thread.
Alot of misinformation... or just about all of it?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alot of misinformation... or just about all of it?

I was trying to be nice. :)

Also, one other point on the subject: I hope that people concerned about bots realize that bots don't have access to any more information about the hand being played than you do, i.e. they can't see your hole cards, predict the deal, or anything like that. They're just another player that plays the cards they're dealt. Their advantage over most of us would be due to the computational power behind them (which varies greatly -- as I said, the simplest bots suck) and the complete lack of emotion and tendency to tilt. But again that puts them on par with very good human players that you would normally avoid for the most part. And they can run bad and lose big pots, same as the best pros.

Last edited:
CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so what I know about bots are that they play heads up micro-stakes NLHE. They usually take the same amount of time to make every decision and are very exploitable/profitable for you. If you find bot and know its a bot for a fact then you've found a gold mine. Most of the time raising with more than what's in the pot will cause them to fold unless they have the absolute nuts because calling with anything more than what's in the pot besides the nuts is -EV, in other words not profitable, don't worry about them as long as your game is strong or you don't play micro heads up. Good Luck!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok, so what I know about bots are that they play heads up micro-stakes NLHE.

Curious where you heard that info.?
Is that Cash or SNG?

I'd think that HU wouldn't be an easy format for a run-of-the-mill bot to play in.
I was under the impression that the cheaper bots you can find online (& ones you hear about openly) play micro SNG, SuperTurbo SNG, & SS on micro cash nlhe.
I'm sure there's a broad spectrum of them & am really not in touch with any of that stuff. Did a bit of reading up on them when I was newer to online poker.
Can't say I've spotted any bots playing online.... 'maybe' some on the iPoker network 'speed' poker micro cash tables (some of those players seem to put in MILLIONS of hands - 4-tabling for 12+hrs./day, every day). Maybe just micro regs. playin a 'bot-like' style? (ie. high 3bet% (fold to 4-bet) in BB vs. LP steals)

CrockPot

CrockPot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curious where you heard that info.?
Is that Cash or SNG?

I'd think that HU wouldn't be an easy format for a run-of-the-mill bot to play in.
I was under the impression that the cheaper bots you can find online (& ones you hear about openly) play micro SNG, SuperTurbo SNG, & SS on micro cash nlhe.
I'm sure there's a broad spectrum of them & am really not in touch with any of that stuff. Did a bit of reading up on them when I was newer to online poker.
Can't say I've spotted any bots playing online.... 'maybe' some on the iPoker network 'speed' poker micro cash tables (some of those players seem to put in MILLIONS of hands - 4-tabling for 12+hrs./day, every day). Maybe just micro regs. playin a 'bot-like' style? (ie. high 3bet% (fold to 4-bet) in BB vs. LP steals)
Most of my info comes from an old 2+2 post about this guy finding, exploiting, and studying a huge bot ring on party poker. It's been a while so I am no longer familiar with the article but this guy invested a lot of time and effort into his study he figured out the bots and made a lot exploiting them. There were lots of charts and details, he went public with it all after party poker blow him off when he tried to report it. The main reason they play heads up is for all the mathematical and technical mumbo jumbo, I may be wrong though but am about 90% sure all this info came from reputable sources. It said that the bots have the best mathematical edge in the heads up format and are more profitable against less opponents, I have also heard of sit n go bots but don't know much about them. Who knows though I'd say your definitely right about the broad spectrum of them.

D

darth007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes bots are real....and getting much much better...There are (2) main bots out there. One of them uses PPL coding language. The following is an example of the coding used in these bots for decision making:

When botslastaction = none and (Hand = AA) and bigblindsize <40 and stilltoact =1 and raises = 0 and calls = 0 and bets = 0 RAISEMAX FORCE

When botslastaction = raise and raises = 1 and lastraiserposition = 3 and inbigblind and (hand = 77) and amounttocall < 4 raise 2 force

Explanation:

1st code line is simple...when its your first time to act (thus when botslastaction = none) and your hand is AA (thus Hand = AA) and your table is currently at a BB that is under 40 (Thus bigblindsize <40) and there is 1 player left to act (meaning your insmallblind, Thus stilltoact = 1, being the BB) and all have folded to you (thus raises = 0 , calls = 0, bets = 0) then the code has your bot go ALL IN

2nd code explanation: Now we are getting detailed about our play....When you already raised and now you are getting re-raised (thus botslastaction = raise and raise = 1) and the person raising you is the Button (thus lastraiserposition = 3.....BB is position 1, SB is position 2, Button is position 3 etc) and you are in the BB (thus InBigBlind) and your hand is 77 and the amount for you to call the re-raise is under 4 BB (thus, amounttocall <4) your bot will raise 8 BB (thus raise 2 force....raise is 4bb....thus raise 2 force is 8bb
)

The programming has become more and more indepth and detailed, bots are getting more advanced and NOT just abc poker anymore....Now bots are running through your HEM and reading opponents poker stats. So code is expanded:

When opponents = 1 and inbutton and stilltoact = 2 and PFR <6 and VPIP >30 and (hand = AKsuited) and foldtosteal >70 raises force

Basically the above is isolating 1 opponent in the smallblind whose poker stats say he has high amount ranges he plays but only raises small % and will fold to a raise when insmallblind over 70% of time so your bot will raise or adjust play against the opponent based on the poker stats.

Bots used to be nothing but bonus clearing machines in the micro micro stakes. But they are moving up to high and medium stake cash games and have been in all stakes of SNG and MTT for awhile now.

I know them inside out as I'm a programmer and love all things programming as it interest me, never mind it involving my favorite game of poker.

No there are not as good as a good real poker player, but they are much better than you think and better than almost all beginners, thus why they hunker down in micro to grind against weaker players for RakeBack.

No beginner is going to beat a well coded bot. A well coded bot is being coded by a good to great real poker player who knows the play but lets emotion be their weakness. But the coders are smart, they have sooo much code in their bot profiles that the code is covering almost all possible scenarios...Profiles are now breaking 20 thousand lines and coders will TEST the profiles for thousands of hands and run those hands to a BOT program that analyzes them to show where there code is either winning or losing over a big sample. THen the coder adjusts and plays thousands more hands and then runs those BOTLOGS through the analyzer and it will tell them if the coded line is a winning line or a losing line.

Whether you support or hate people who bot or bots themselves is not the approach...The approach is, bots are real, you will lose to them on all levels and YES YOU CAN BREAK THEM as most have thresholds to fold ...Such as when amount to call > 6 fold force....so the profile if re-raised will fold if the re-raise is over 6 BB. BUT , thats if the bot is holding 33...but if its holding AA or KK or QQ you will not bet them off the hand...the code simply wont allow it.

The code will limp speculative hands only when there is several callers. The code will adjust gears at the bubble and adjust from TAG to LAG throughout the game. There is preflop code and Flop code and Turn code and River code.

The way to handle this is......play on sites that dont want them....Sites like Bovada want bots...they literally dont care, as long as they get their $. ACR, BlackChip, True poker, 5 dimes and bovada are the sites bots play at in the US...All ipoker sites are infested with bots. ALL.....if you dont want to play against a bot, and I dont blame you, then play at a site that is antibot and actively bans and looks for them....pokerstars will not tolerate a bot. They look for em and ban them....However, there is now Stealth where botters are using Virtual Machines and BING to scrape screens and send info to another computer that is making the moves , the poker site legally cannot access the other computer so there are bots on pokerstars. Just not many and is very very risky...They are playing low limits and low amounts...

Also, the bots and botters collect usernames. So once they identify you and if they like your style, (meaning they take your $ before) they will enter your poker username in the code.

So .......example......player---->pokerrage is a FISH.

When opponents = 1 and userpokerrage when (hand = Asuited) ......

Thats when coding gets intense....Thousands of lines of code dedicated to beating 1 player when and IF they get on a table with that player. Then they do this for a thousand players on 1 site like Ipoker.

On bovada, you can literally run a bot on a cash table for 16 hours straight. The botters use HOPPERS that they pre program to go IN and OUT of tables all night or all day while at work etc. Bovada does not care. THey do not search for them.

I am a manual online and live poker player. I have tried and used bots in the past. Its actually more work than playing yourself.

Learn the code
Learn how to code
But cant do any of it until you learn how to play poker
then you have to test and test
Analyze
re-code
Learn Stealth
Learn about use of VM's, BING, multiple computers (botfarms)
Learn poker stats
Learn poker

Dont hate on me...Im educating you and doing you a favor...There are tells for a bot and once you find the bot you can exploit it. Its so bad now that bots are going out and searching for other bots to play against. So the botters all talk on forums, they learn each other and then look and code their profiles to beat the thresholds of MOST bot code.

But bots will sit out allot on cash games...so if you see a player constantly sitting out, they are most likely a bot....if they player takes the SAME amount of time to make a bet all the time, they are a bot...If there bet amounts appear consistent ALL the time, they may be a bot....

Bots are now more in MTT and SNG than cash....Botters love DON sng games.
They are gold for them....They play very tight and only play top hands and play them heavily. Cant bully them off any hand.

if you dont like bots....dont play a DON game on a site that doesnt care about bots.....if you do, 50% of your opponents are going to be a bot. Eventually there will be only poker sites for just BOTS. so its bot against bot...Coder against coder. Now that I would enjoy.

But I learned the hard way the true love of poker, the true thrill of poker and its NOT in botting. Botting will never give you tilt but will take all your $ as you learn your way for years. THose who lose enough money and put enough time in learning do eventually get EV+ in long term. But its not easy easy. Its work so any money they do win, they earned. THey probably worked twice as hard as you to learn the game and learn the programming to make the $25 they did that day.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions as long as its not hate stuff. I love poker. I play poker. I used to bot, but man its allot of work. And most are not profitable because the coder themselves are not good poker players. When the coder is a real winning player (and there are several out there) then it can be a dangerous thing....some botters are clearing $

Here is example of a very weak FLOP code for a MTT bot profile:

When PairOnBoard and not (HaveQuads or HaveFullHouse or HaveFlush or HaveStraight or HaveTrips)
When HavePair and not (HaveOverPair or Have2ndOverPair or HaveTopPair or Have2ndTopPair) and BetSize > 8 Fold Force
When HavePair and BetSize > 40% PotSize and not (HaveTopPair and (HaveBestKicker or Have2ndBestKicker)) Fold Force
When Opponents = 1 and OpponentIsAllIn and (Bets = 1 or Raises = 1) and (HaveTopPair or HaveOverPair or Have2ndOverPair or HaveTwoPair or HaveTrips or HaveSet or HaveFullHouse or HaveStraight or HaveFlush)
When Bets = 1 and Raises = 0 and BetSize < 45% PotSize Call Force
When Raises = 1 and AmountToCall < 47% PotSize and (HaveTopPair and HaveBestKicker) Call Force
When Raises = 1 and AmountToCall < 51% PotSize and HaveOverPair Call Force
When Raises = 1 and AmountToCall < 54% PotSize and (HaveTwoPair or HaveTrips or HaveSet or HaveFullHouse or HaveStraight or HaveFlush) Call Force
When HaveSet and (Bets = 1 or Raises = 1) and not (HaveFullHouse or HaveQuads)
When not (StraightPossible or FlushPossible) Raise 50% Force
When BotsLastAction = Raise and not (OneCardStraightPossible or OneCardFlushPossible) and (BetSize < 50% StackSize or BetSize < 61% PotSize) Call Force
When not (FlushPossible or OneCardStraightPossible) and OnlyOneStraightPossible Raise 50% Force
When BetSize > 10 and not (OneCardStraightPossible or OneCardFlushPossible) Call Force

D

darth007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To further illustrate bot coding for the pupose of learning how to beat them, here is an example of a preflop FREE profile botters use....Its only 3% of the full preflop code. Study it and maybe you can see some leaks and tells etc...Learn thy enemy.
wow couldnt even post 3% of the code here...to large. so here is lESS than 1% of the code

// #################################### TABLE OF CONTENTS ######################################################
//
// Description Line Number
//
// #### PREFLOP ####
//
// FINAL TABLE (<= 3 Opponents - BB > 800) 228
//
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Non Stage Specific) 327
// POT COMMITTED
// POT odds
// CALLING AN ALL-IN SHOVE
// STOP-AND-GO
//
// EARLY STAGES
// STAGE 1 (First Levels - BB <= 20 - Standard Raise = 5 BB's)
// SHORT STACK (Shove M <= 8) 401
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 478
// STACK (All) 486
// "SUPER" TIGHT AGGRESSIVE (Very Volatile Stage)
//
// STAGE 2 (Early Levels - BB <= 60 - Standard Raise = 4 BB's)
// SHORT STACK (Shove M <= 8) 7583
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 7660
// STACK (Small - <= 20 BB's) 7664
// TIGHT PASSIVE
// STACK (Medium - <= 40 BB's) 14762
// TIGHT AGGRESSIVE
// STACK (Large - <= 130 BB's) 21948
// LOOSE PASSIVE
// STACK (Extra Large - > 130 BB's) 29017
// LOOSE AGGRESSIVE
//
// STAGE 3 (Early Levels - BB <= 200 - Standard Raise = 3 BB's)
// SHORT STACK (Shove M <= 8) 36214
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 36291
// STEALING (Unopened Pots)
// OPPONENT LIMPS FROM LATE POSITION
// STACK (Small - <= 15 BB's) 36326
// TIGHT PASSIVE
// STACK (Medium - <= 30 BB's) 43424
// TIGHT AGGRESSIVE
// STACK (Large - <= 75 BB's) 50610
// TIGHT AGGRESSIVE
// STACK (Extra Large - > 75 BB's) 57796
// LOOSE AGGRESSIVE
//
// MIDDLE STAGES (Antes Introduced)
// STAGE 4 (Middle Levels - BB <= 800 - Standard Raise = 2 BB's)
// SHORT STACK (Shove M <= 4) 64993
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 65022
// PUSHING OVER LIMPERS
// PUSHING OVER SINGLE RAISER
// STACK (Small - <= 12 BB's) 65078
// TIGHT PASSIVE
// STACK (Medium - <= 25 BB's) 72176
// TIGHT AGGRESSIVE
// STACK (Large - <= 50 BB's) 79362
// LOOSE AGGRESSIVE
// STACK (Extra Large - > 50 BB's) 86555
// "SUPER" TIGHT AGGRESSIVE (Protecting "Chip Lead")
//
// LATE STAGES (Large Blinds)
// STAGE 5 (Late Levels - BB > 800 - Standard Raise = 2 BB's)
// SHORT STACK (Shove M <= 3) 93656
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 93673
// PUSHING OVER LIMPERS
// PUSHING OVER SINGLE RAISER
// STACK (Small - <= 10 BB's) 93729
// TIGHT PASSIVE
// STACK (Medium - <= 20 BB's) 100827
// TIGHT AGGRESSIVE
// STACK (Large - <= 30 BB's) 108013
// LOOSE AGGRESSIVE
// STACK (Extra Large - > 30 BB's) 115206
// "SUPER" TIGHT AGGRESSIVE (Protecting "Chip Lead")
//
// #### FLOP ####
//
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Non Stage Specific) 122308
// POT COMMITTED
// OPPONENT IS ALL-IN
// SLOW PLAY
// CONTINUATION OF "STOP-AND-GO" (Refer Preflop)
// CONTINUATION BET (CBet)
// pot odds
// AUTOMATIC FOLD
//
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 122447
// CONTINUATION OF "OPPONENT LIMPS FROM LATE POSITION" (Refer Preflop)
// DRY FLOP bluff
// STEALING (Unopened Pots) LIMPED POTS
// MIN BET BLUFF
// MIN BET BLUFF (COUNTER PLAY)
// "STOP-AND-GO" (COUNTER PLAY)
// WEAK LEAD (Into Pre-flop Raiser)
// OVER-BETTING (On a ‘DRY FLOP’)
//
// PLAYS BASED SOLELY ON BETTING 122512
//
// PLAYS BASED SOLELY ON BOARD STATE 122559
//
// PLAYS BASED ON HAND STRENGTH 122665
//
// #### TURN ####
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Non Stage Specific) 124544
// CONTINUATION OF SLOW PLAY
// POT COMMITTED
//
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 124599
// STEALING (Unopened Pots) UNCONTESTED POTS
// CONTINUATION OF "MIN BET BLUFF"
// CONTINUATION OF "MIN BET BLUFF (COUNTER PLAY)"
// CONTINUATION OF "WEAK LEAD (Into Pre-flop Raiser)"
// CONTINUATION OF OVER-BETTING (On a ‘DRY FLOP’)
// CHECK/CALL, BET
//
// ADDED CODE 124647
//
// (Modified) 124714
//
// #### RIVER ####
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Non Stage Specific) 124977
// CONTINUATION OF SLOW PLAY
// POT COMMITTED
// BLUFF (NutsOnBoard)
// "MIN BET BLUFF" (COUNTER PLAY)
//
// SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) 125069
// CONTINUATION OF "MIN BET BLUFF"
// VALUE BET BLUFF
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// NOTE: Hand Groups Used
//
// GROUP 1 (AA)
// GROUP 2 (KK, AKs, AK)
// GROUP 3A (QQ, JJ, TT)
// GROUP 3B (99, 88, 77)
// GROUP 4 (AQs, AQ, AJs, AJ, KQs, QJs, JTs)
// Group 5 (66, 55, 44, 33, 22)
// GROUP 6A (ATs, A9s, A8s, A7s, A6s, A5s, A4s, A3s, A2s)
// GROUP 6B (KQ, KJs, QJ, QTs, JT, J9s, T9s, 98s)
// GROUP 7 (Ax, KJ, KTs, QT, J9, T9, T8s, 98, 97s, 87s, 86s, 76s, 75s, 65s)
// GROUP 8 (KT, Kxs, Q9s, J8s, 87, 76, 65, 64s, 54s, 54, 53s, 43s, 43, 32s, 32)
// GROUP 9 (The Rest)
//
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

When (hand = A9 or hand =A8 or hand = A7) and bigblindsize <40
when raises = 0 and calls = 0 and bets = 0 and stilltoact > 7 call force
when raises = 0 and calls = 0 and bets = 0 and stilltoact <4 raise 2 force
when raises >1 and stacksize >12 fold force
when stacksize <10 raisemax force
when raises = 0 and calls > 1 call force
when raises = 2 fold force
#####################################################
// ##### FINAL TABLE (<= 3 Opponents - BB > 800) ######
// #####################################################

When BigBlindSize > 800 and OpponentsAtTable <= 3
When BotsLastAction = Raise and AmountToCall >50% StackSize and (Hand = AA or Hand = KK or Hand = QQ or Hand = JJ or Hand = AK) RaiseMax Force
When BotsLastAction = Raise and AmountToCall >50% StackSize and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K or Hand = Q or Hand = J or Hand = T2 suited or Hand = T3 suited or Hand = T4 suited or Hand = T5 suited or Hand = T5 or Hand = T6 suited or Hand = T6 or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T7 or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T8 or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = T9 or Hand = 92 suited or Hand = 93 suited or Hand = 94 suited or Hand = 95 suited or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 96 or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 97 or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 98 or Hand = 84 suited or Hand = 85 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 86 or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 87 or Hand = 73 suited or Hand = 74 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 75 or Hand = 76 suited or Hand = 76 or Hand = 63 suited or Hand = 64 suited or Hand = 65 suited or Hand = 65 or Hand = 52 suited or Hand = 53 suited or Hand = 54 suited or Hand = 43 suited) Call Force

// ##### Heads Up #####

When BigBlindSize > 800 and OpponentsAtTable = 1
When OpponentIsAllIn and (AmountToCall <=80% PotSize or BetSize < 10% StackSize) and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K or Hand = Q or Hand = J or Hand = T2 suited or Hand = T3 suited or Hand = T4 suited or Hand = T5 suited or Hand = T5 or Hand = T6 suited or Hand = T6 or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T7 or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T8 or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = T9 or Hand = 92 suited or Hand = 93 suited or Hand = 94 suited or Hand = 95 suited or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 96 or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 97 or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 98 or Hand = 84 suited or Hand = 85 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 86 or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 87 or Hand = 73 suited or Hand = 74 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 75 or Hand = 76 suited or Hand = 76 or Hand = 63 suited or Hand = 64 suited or Hand = 65 suited or Hand = 65 or Hand = 52 suited or Hand = 53 suited or Hand = 54 suited or Hand = 43 suited) Call Force

// ##################################################
// ##### SITUATIONAL CODE (Non Stage Specific) ######
// ##################################################

// ##### SHORT STACK #####

When StackSize <= 3
When (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K5 suited or Hand = K6 suited or Hand = K7 suited or Hand = K8 suited or Hand = K9 or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 suited or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ ) RaiseMax Force

// ##### POT COMMITTED #####

When TotalInvested > 100% StackSize
When (Hand = AA or Hand = KK) RaiseMax Force
When (Hand = AK or Hand = QQ or Hand = JJ) Call Force

When BotsLastAction = Raise
When StackSize <= 5 RaiseMax Force
When TotalInvested >= 100% StackSize RaiseMax Force

// ##### POT ODDS #####
// Situations where we should be calling "Calling" a raise.
When BotsActionsOnThisRound = 1 and BotsLastAction = Call and RaisesSinceLastPlay = 1
When TotalInvested = 1 and AmountToCall = 1 fold force //orig 1/3/1/11 -6.1BBs Call Force

// ##### CALLING AN ALL-IN SHOVE #####

When OpponentIsAllIn and (BotsLastAction = None)
When Opponents = 1 and (PairInHand or Hand = AK or Hand = AQ suited) and not (Hand = 22 or Hand = 33 or Hand = 44 or Hand = 55 or Hand = 66) and StackSize > 60 and BetSize < 8 Call Force
When Opponents = 1 and (PairInHand or Hand = AK or Hand = AQ suited) and not (Hand = 22 or Hand = 33 or Hand = 44 or Hand = 55 or Hand = 66) and StackSize > 60 and PotSize > 20 and AmountToCall < 11 Call Force
When Opponents = 1 and (PairInHand or Hand = AK or Hand = AQ suited) and not (Hand = 22 or Hand = 33 or Hand = 44 or Hand = 55 or Hand = 66) and StackSize > 60 and PotSize > 25 and AmountToCall < 13 Call Force

// ##### STOP-AND-GO #####
// Instead of re-raising someone pre-flop when out of position - you flat call their raise with the intention of betting any flop.(This bet is often all-in)
// Done when holding a strong but not premium hand and relatively low stacked. (eg. Medium to low pairs)
// The aim is to get the pre-flop raiser to fold hands which they would have called a re-raise with before the flop.(Avoids 'racing' with a strong but not premium hand and gives you extra ways to win the pot)
// Typically done when heads up and first to act after the flop.

When BotsActionsPreflop = 0 and Raises = 1 and CallsSinceLastRaise = 0 and BetSize <= 5
When In BigBlind and Opponents <= 2 and LastRaiserPosition >= 2 and PairInHand and not (Hand = A or Hand = K) and AmountToCall >= 33% StackSize and AmountToCall <= 50% StackSize Call Force
When In BigBlind and Opponents <= 2 and LastRaiserPosition >= 2 and (Hand = AQ or Hand = AJ or Hand = KQ suited or Hand = QJ suited or Hand = JT suited) and AmountToCall >= 33% StackSize and AmountToCall <= 50% StackSize Call Force
When In BigBlind and Opponents <= 2 and LastRaiserPosition >= 2 and (Hand = KQ or Hand = KJ suited or Hand = QJ or Hand = JT or Hand = J9 suited or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = 98 suited) and AmountToCall >= 33% StackSize and AmountToCall <= 50% StackSize Call Force

When Raises = 1 and StillToAct = 0 and LastRaiserPosition >= 2 and (Hand = AQ or Hand = AJ or Hand = KQ suited or Hand = QJ suited or Hand = JT suited) and AmountToCall >= 33% StackSize and AmountToCall <= 50% StackSize Call Force // Limped and got raised

When Raises = 1 and StillToAct = 0 and LastRaiserPosition >= 2 and (Hand = KQ or Hand = KJ suited or Hand = QJ or Hand = JT or Hand = J9 suited or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = 98 suited) and AmountToCall >= 33% StackSize and AmountToCall <= 50% StackSize Call Force // Limped and got raised

########################################################################
// ##### STAGE 1 (First Levels - BB <= 20 - Standard Raise = 5 BB's) ######
// ########################################################################
// Very Volatile - "Frequent" Allins particularly in Micro's, freerolls and Satellites.

// #######################################
// ##### SHORT STACK (Shove M <= 8) ######
// #######################################

// ##### Unraised Pots on First Orbit (Zero Limpers) #####
// M = 3 (>= 33% Gain)
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 0 and ((BigBlindSize <= 200 and StackSize <= 5) or (BigBlindSize > 200 and StackSize <= 7)) and (not Hand = AA)
When StillToAct = 1 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K or Hand = Q or Hand = J or Hand = T2 suited or Hand = T3 suited or Hand = T4 suited or Hand = T5 suited or Hand = T5 or Hand = T6 suited or Hand = T6 or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T7 or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T8 or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = T9 or Hand = 92 suited or Hand = 93 suited or Hand = 94 suited or Hand = 95 suited or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 96 or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 97 or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 98 or Hand = 84 suited or Hand = 85 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 86 or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 87 or Hand = 73 suited or Hand = 74 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 75 or Hand = 76 suited or Hand = 76 or Hand = 63 suited or Hand = 64 suited or Hand = 65 suited or Hand = 65 or Hand = 52 suited or Hand = 53 suited or Hand = 54 suited or Hand = 43 suited) RaiseMax Force
When StillToAct = 2 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K or Hand = Q2 suited or Hand = Q3 suited or Hand = Q4 suited or Hand = Q5 suited or Hand = Q6 suited or Hand = Q7 suited or Hand = Q8 or Hand = Q9 or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J6 suited or Hand = J7 suited or Hand = J8 suited or Hand = J9 or Hand = JT or Hand = T6 suited or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T9 or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 76 suited or Hand = 56 suited or Hand = 54 suited) RaiseMax Force

// M = 4 (>= 25% Gain)
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 0 and ((BigBlindSize <= 200 and StackSize <= 6) or (BigBlindSize > 200 and StackSize <= 10)) and (not Hand = AA)
When StillToAct = 1 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K or Hand = Q or Hand = J2 suited or Hand = J3 suited or Hand = J4 suited or Hand = J5 or Hand = J6 or Hand = J7 or Hand = J8 or Hand = J9 or Hand = JT or Hand = T2 suited or Hand = T3 suited or Hand = T4 suited or Hand = T5 suited or Hand = T6 or Hand = T7 or Hand = T8 or Hand = T9 or Hand = 93 suited or Hand = 94 suited or Hand = 95 suited or Hand = 96 or Hand = 97 or Hand = 98 or Hand = 84 suited or Hand = 85 suited or Hand = 86 or Hand = 87 or Hand = 74 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 76 or Hand = 63 suited or Hand = 64 suited or Hand = 65 or Hand = 53 suited or Hand = 54 suited or Hand = 43 suited) RaiseMax Force
When StillToAct = 2 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K2 suited or Hand = K3 suited or Hand = K4 suited or Hand = K5 or Hand = K6 or Hand = K7 or Hand = K8 or Hand = K9 or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q4 suited or Hand = Q5 suited or Hand = Q6 suited or Hand = Q7 suited or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J7 suited or Hand = J8 suited or Hand = J9 or Hand = JT or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T9 or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 76 suited or Hand = 56 suited or Hand = 54 suited) RaiseMax Force
When StillToAct = 3 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K5 suited or Hand = K6 suited or Hand = K7 suited or Hand = K8 suited or Hand = K9 or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 suited or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J8 suited or Hand = J9 suited or Hand = JT or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 76 suited) RaiseMax Force

// M = 5 (>= 20% Gain)
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 0 and ((BigBlindSize <= 200 and StackSize <= 8) or (BigBlindSize > 200 and StackSize <= 12)) and (not Hand = AA)
When StillToAct = 1 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K or Hand = Q2 suited or Hand = Q3 or Hand = Q4 or Hand = Q5 or Hand = Q6 suited or Hand = Q7 suited or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 suited or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J2 suited or Hand = J3 suited or Hand = J4 suited or Hand = J5 suited or Hand = J6 suited or Hand = J7 or Hand = J8 or Hand = J9 or Hand = JT or Hand = T3 suited or Hand = T4 suited or Hand = T5 suited or Hand = T6 suited or Hand = T7 or Hand = T8 or Hand = T9 or Hand = 94 suited or Hand = 95 suited or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 97 or Hand = 98 or Hand = 84 suited or Hand = 85 suited or Hand = 86 or Hand = 87 or Hand = 74 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 76 or Hand = 63 suited or Hand = 64 suited or Hand = 65 or Hand = 53 suited or Hand = 54 suited or Hand = 43 suited) RaiseMax Force

When StillToAct = 3 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K7 suited or Hand = K8 suited or Hand = K9 suited or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 suited or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J8 suited or Hand = J9 suited or Hand = JT or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 76 suited) RaiseMax Force

// M = 6 (>= 16% Gain)
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 0 and ((BigBlindSize <= 200 and StackSize <= 9) or (BigBlindSize > 200 and StackSize <= 14)) and (not Hand = AA)
When StillToAct = 2 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K4 suited or Hand = K5 suited or Hand = K6 suited or Hand = K7 suited or Hand = K8 suited or Hand = K9 suited or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q7 suited or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 suited or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J7 suited or Hand = J8 suited or Hand = J9 suited or Hand = JT or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T9 or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 76 suited or Hand = 56 suited) RaiseMax Force
When StillToAct = 3 and (PairInHand or Hand = A2 suited or Hand = A3 suited or Hand = A4 suited or Hand = A5 or Hand = A6 suited or Hand = A7 or Hand = A8 or Hand = A9 or Hand = AT or Hand = AJ or Hand = AQ or Hand = AK or Hand = K8 suited or Hand = K9 suited or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 suited or Hand = QT suited or Hand = QJ or Hand = J8 suited or Hand = J9 suited or Hand = JT or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T9 suited or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 87 suited) RaiseMax Force

// M = 7 (>= 14% Gain)
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 0 and ((BigBlindSize <= 200 and StackSize <= 11) or (BigBlindSize > 200 and StackSize <= 17)) and (not Hand = AA)
When StillToAct = 1 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K2 or Hand = K3 or Hand = K4 or Hand = K5 or Hand = K6 or Hand = K7 or Hand = K8 or Hand = K9 or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q2 suited or Hand = Q3 suited or Hand = Q4 suited or Hand = Q5 suited or Hand = Q6 suited or Hand = Q7 suited or Hand = Q8 or Hand = Q9 or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J3 suited or Hand = J4 suited or Hand = J5 suited or Hand = J6 suited or Hand = J7 suited or Hand = J8 or Hand = J9 or Hand = JT or Hand = T4 suited or Hand = T5 suited or Hand = T6 suited or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T8 or Hand = T9 or Hand = 95 suited or Hand = 96 suited or Hand = 97 or Hand = 98 or Hand = 84 suited or Hand = 85 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 87 or Hand = 74 suited or Hand = 75 suited or Hand = 76 or Hand = 64 suited or Hand = 65 suited or Hand = 53 suited or Hand = 54 suited or Hand = 43 suited) RaiseMax Force
When StillToAct = 2 and (PairInHand or Hand = A or Hand = K5 suited or Hand = K6 suited or Hand = K7 suited or Hand = K8 suited or Hand = K9 suited or Hand = KT or Hand = KJ or Hand = KQ or Hand = Q8 suited or Hand = Q9 suited or Hand = QT or Hand = QJ or Hand = J7 suited or Hand = J8 suited or Hand = J9 suited or Hand = JT or Hand = T7 suited or Hand = T8 suited or Hand = T9 or Hand = 97 suited or Hand = 98 suited or Hand = 86 suited or Hand = 87 suited or Hand = 76 suited or Hand = 56 suited) RaiseMax Force

// M = 8 (>= 12% Gain)
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 0 and ((BigBlindSize <= 200 and StackSize <= 12) or (BigBlindSize > 200 and StackSize <= 19)) and (not Hand = AA)

// ##############################################
// ##### SITUATIONAL CODE (Stage Specific) ######
// ##############################################

// ####################################
// ##### "SUPER" TIGHT AGGRESSIVE #####
// ####################################
// Stacksize = All (Objectives - Premium Hands, Positional Play, Selective Stealing, No bluffing, Aim is to "Protect" stack when 1.Chip leader, 2.During volitile first levels, 3.After bubble bursts)

// #########################
// ##### Unraised Pots #####
// #########################

// #### GROUP 1 (AA) #####

// Unopened Pot
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 0 and Hand = AA
When StillToAct >= 8 Raise 8 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 7 Raise 8 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 6 Raise 7 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 5 Raise 7 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 4 Raise 6 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 3 Call Force // Slowplay
When StillToAct = 2 Call Force // Slowplay
When StillToAct = 1 Call Force // Slowplay

// One Limper
When BigBlindSize <= 20 and Raises = 0 and Calls = 1 and Hand = AA
When StillToAct >= 7 Raise 8 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 6 Raise 8 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 5 Raise 8 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 4 Raise 7 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 3 Raise 7 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 2 Raise 6 Force // Isolate
When StillToAct = 1 Call Force // Slowplay
When StillToAct = 0 Call Force // Slowplay

S

StorkMerriam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would guess that bots contribute more $ to online poker , than they take out. People say I poker has a lot of Bots . I do not consider myself anymore than an average casual player and I do better playing on Titan than I ever have at Tilt or Stars. So as I said in a previous post I play my cards and try not to speculate if the opponent is a Bot as they can only play the cards they are dealt. If there are well programmed Bots out there , they must be above the Micro levels ...

D

darth007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would guess that bots contribute more $ to online poker , than they take out. People say I poker has a lot of Bots . I do not consider myself anymore than an average casual player and I do better playing on Titan than I ever have at Tilt or Stars. So as I said in a previous post I play my cards and try not to speculate if the opponent is a Bot as they can only play the cards they are dealt. If there are well programmed Bots out there , they must be above the Micro levels ...

Yes they are above micro....but players above micro think much more and only the truly well coded bots can deal with a thinking player. I agree they can only play the cards they get. Just as a real player. But there is a huge advantage to the impossible TILT scenario....If you took TILT 100% out of your game, would your ROI increase? Thats is where the advantage is. The losses they take due to not being a real player, is offset by the lack of TILT losses they take.

Regardless, I just think people underestimate the power of them today. I mean I was blown away with the HEM use now and I'm super paranoid about my stats being used against me in a logical and non tilting way. So I recognize their potential, respect thy enemy, and plan and target a defense against them as I don't see there number reducing. They are growing.... as all too many will fall into the get rich initial marketing the botter sellers do. So Im afraid we will be dealing more and more with them and we should be able to exploit them. I truly believe most would be shocked to learn how many of their villians are truly bots. The bots are contributing to the pool of money for you to take though, so if you can identify them, you can profit from them. Its just getting harder and harder.

Cephas

Cephas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aside from checking what programs were running on the client computer, I wonder how they could know? Human patterns and bot patterns should be pretty similar.

Except for the most stupidest calls the bots make. Oh wait humans do that too. OK never mind. ;)

B

Boriska797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And I did not think that they are at playing a poker.But as they say in the internet they are everywhere.

S

Swickster007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard that when poker was first made illegal, many bot owners were complaining because their bots were in the hole and now they did not have a chance to win back their losses. I don't see why bots wouldn't exist, just programmed to make calls with high % winning chances, altho poker is still liable to change with the turn of a card, so playing a bot is still not unbeatable. They just don't let emotion get in the way.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Wow very interesting reading all the bot code. Don't know if I'd have the time to study it all though. Great thread!

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow очень интересно читать все бот код. Не знаю, если я хотел бы иметь время, чтобы изучить все это, хотя. Большой поток!

can't say where there are bots but at william hill just got running bots that bring little vyigrala their masters )

Peteyweestro

Peteyweestro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am no pro for sure, and barely a casual player anymore although i am trying to get back into online poker, but to me it doesn't seem like bots are a big enough issue to even worry about. If they do play 100% ABC poker then they are easily noticed i would think and exploitable. Who knows though, i for one wouldn't trip about them

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Would this raise come from the button or CO??

Bots are set up to play a range of hands, they are not going to fold every hand to a raise!
Stephen's right ...... Bots are set to play a 'specific' way (a range) with their cards AND respond to how you play a hand (bets, re-raises etc) based on their cards + community cards. If you really really pay attention, you can almost always spot them. Hey, it is a computer program so it always plays the same pattern (how it is programmed).

TWO things common to all bots (at least the way I view them):
1. They will never answer your chat
2. They usually are always are on several tables

Wally

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are many levels of bot sophistication. Simple bots are easily recognized and easily beat. At the other end of the spectrum, you have bots that can beat all but the best players, with real time access to millions of HHs, and that also can chat.

Most of what you think are bots are not - they're likely multitable grinders. Bad bots are easily exploited. Good bots are not recognizable so you treat them like any other good reg that plays better than you. Regardless, they aren't nearly as common as you might think. Point being, bots aren't worth being all that concerned about.
Exactly this .... David is almost 100% correct when it comes to poker. :)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...and there is the internal bot and the external bot.

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ЗИН;2324364 said:
Боты-это легкие деньги
bots is easy money???? I think it's easier to play against the rookie who have not opredeleniya how to play and are not used to the online poker ! 't it ?or may be I am wrong ?