alcohol and poker are not compatible.what do you think?

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always drink when i play home games, because live poker is boring and the competition bad. But if the money you play for is important to you, id suggest not to do it.

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a drink and playing is not too bad being wasted and playing not a good idea, as someone mentioned earlier a drink with friends while playing is enjoyable as well. Tournaments while drinking probably not a good idea haha the longer the tournament runs the drunker you would get haha that would be funny.

A drink depending on the occasion

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever it is a moderate consumption there should be no problem and you should also know your limits and know when you have taken enough and stop playing.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think we should mix things up --a little drink to relax and get drunk.Alcoholics are sick people and even the stars are burned to become an alcoholic. I don't drink myself but why not play poker for a little drink?

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than happy to buy my opponents a drink.

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll have 1 or 2 drinks and be able to play ok, not A game, but still OK.

Anymore than that and it's best to stop playing or drinking!

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont drink when i play poker too many bad bet :D

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont drink and play poker at the same time.
When you start drinking, you loose you concentration and makes poor judgment.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you need one drink to loosen up, I dont see a problem, but the ones that really like alcohol have the most trouble at keeping this limit. If you have failed at the one drink limit rule then why would you think that you can do it this time?

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, always alcohol and poker is a minus of money.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think alcohol and poker are incompatible. One or the other. And nothing else.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually alcohol isn't compatible with something; after you drink quite enough you have to go to bed 😝😁. Anyway where did you find that info which says that guy lost 3 000 000 $ on alcohol?!😂😂 I don't believe such a thing; that's a lot enough alcohol to stay drunk all day long an entire life 😝😂.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually alcohol isn't compatible with something; after you drink quite enough you have to go to bed [emoji13][emoji16]. Anyway where did you find that info which says that guy lost 3 000 000 $ on alcohol?![emoji23][emoji23] I don't believe such a thing; that's a lot enough alcohol to stay drunk all day long an entire life [emoji13][emoji23].
I read this information earlier when I began to study poker and its history and facts about it.
I personally believe in it.
1 wrong decision can lead to a big loss. Apparently it happened on the basis of drunkenness behind the game
[emoji33] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that alcohol during the game is unnecessary. If you do not care whether you win or lose, then of course you can afford to drink. But if you are purposefully minded for victory, then alcohol will prevent you.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that alcohol during the game is unnecessary. If you do not care whether you win or lose, then of course you can afford to drink. But if you are purposefully minded for victory, then alcohol will prevent you.
simple truths[emoji122] [emoji106] [emoji122]

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it count if I'm still blurted from the night before....? (hic!)

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that any activity must be attributed to the sane - no bad habits
Bad habits will never lead to good

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually think the mood of poker can go very well with alcohol. Its not something I can do very often between work and family time and everything else, but every now and then I do like to load up those 2AM freerolls and break out the honey brandy. However, that is literally only for personal enjoyment. If I'm playing to build my bankroll, its nothing stronger than a Pepsi for me.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Positive...

I believe that any activity must be attributed to the sane - no bad habits
Bad habits will never lead to good

Nice. Create a positive feedback loop, not a negative feedback loop. The essence of a happier life. When times are tough it's so easy to do the negative feedback, it's inherent. To switch that to a positive feedback is the hardest thing to do. Do it for others, it'll help when you need it for yourself....

Mr Skinny says <3 2 all

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with any job, alcohol does not match. You get hurt and do not make the best decisions. Now for recreational game among friends, freeroll, send drink and play chips in cloth!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, Yes, I totally agree, it is addicting! Of course I lost my bankroll in one session, alcohol relaxes the control of the game and you think that every hand will be winning! There is no alcohol at the game!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the participants that if poker is your job and the game takes place on serious money, then it's better not to drink alcohol but rather focus on the game and try to win, and if you play for fun, you can drink, when I play poker with friends not much money, then we drink beer and play!

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how much you drink. I don't think having a couple of beers is going to have a noticeable impact on most players' performance. You just have to know yourself.

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking, it is like taking drugs or some medications, it changes your perception and your cognitive abilities. So it can only do harm to your best poker.:birthday:

S

sleikafreika

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree (y)

Eat well, exercise and smile.:)