Trying out ZOOM

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All hands you played baaad tbh,except maybe last one with shove AQ and vilian catch a flush...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

T

tomnovember

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a good start in cash - disaster hit today.
IT IS MY FAULT - I just was in this mood to play BIG. I totally am aware that I'm not ready for it, but just really wanted to try.
Here are some of the disasters:

Hand # 1 -----------------------------------
PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.00 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)
SB: $15.32 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
BB: $10.37 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
UTG: $3.31 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP: $10.00 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
Hero (CO): $5.36

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q A

fold, MP raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.35, 2 players) 5 A 9
MP checks, Hero bets $0.64, MP calls $0.64

Turn: ($2.63, 2 players) 6
MP checks, Hero bets $2.51, MP raises to $8.15, Hero calls $1.61 and is all-in

River: ($10.87, 2 players) J

MP shows 5 5 (Three of a Kind, Fives) (Pre 54%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
Hero shows Q A (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 46%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
MP wins $10.38

Hand # 2 ------------------------------------
I do know exactly EVERYTHING I did wrong here just posting it for completeness of my disaster -

BTN: $10.00 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 66.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)
Hero (SB): $4.60
BB: $12.00 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG: $7.67 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP: $12.22 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
CO: $11.04 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 3)

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has T A

UTG calls $0.10, MP raises to $0.25, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20, BB calls $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($1.00, 4 players) 9 5 6
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks

Turn: ($1.00, 4 players) 6
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks

River: ($1.00, 4 players) 4
Hero bets $0.96, fold, fold, MP raises to $6.90, Hero calls $3.39 and is all-in

MP shows 4 4 (Full House, Fours full of Sixes) (Pre 50%, Flop 3%, Turn 9%)
Hero shows T A (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 50%, Flop 97%, Turn 91%)
MP wins $9.26

HAND # 3 --------------------------------
I know this was a very weak opening hand - BUT DAM IT!-

BTN: $10.00 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 4)
SB: $3.39
BB: $13.17
UTG: $10.15 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
MP: $10.64 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 4)
Hero (CO): $4.60

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K Q

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 8 Q 3
Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.55, 2 players) 2
Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

River: ($2.95, 2 players) 5
Hero bets $1.00, BTN raises to $3.30, Hero calls $2.20 and is all-in

BTN shows A Q (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 75%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
Hero shows K Q (Flush, King High) (Pre 25%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
BTN wins $8.93

HAND # 4 --------------------------------
How on earth did he call? and look at that river card!-

BTN: $44.73 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
SB: $8.07
Hero (BB): $3.19
UTG: $15.12 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP: $10.92
CO: $13.56 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 5 5

fold, MP raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.19 and is all-in, MP calls $2.89

Flop: ($6.43, 2 players) 2 4 7

Turn: ($6.43, 2 players) T

River: ($6.43, 2 players) 9

Hero shows 5 5 (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 50%, Flop 49%, Turn 68%)
MP shows Q 9 (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 50%, Flop 51%, Turn 32%)
MP wins $6.14

Then I came back to NL2 ------------------------

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $3.57 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
SB: $2.54
Hero (BB): $2.46
UTG: $2.05
MP: $4.45
CO: $3.77 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A Q

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.08, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.33, 2 players) Q A J
Hero bets $0.16, BTN raises to $0.48, Hero raises to $2.30 and is all-in, BTN calls $1.82

Turn: ($4.93, 2 players) T

River: ($4.93, 2 players) T

Hero shows A Q (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 71%, Flop 64%, Turn 7%)
BTN shows 9 A (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 29%, Flop 36%, Turn 93%)
BTN wins $4.76

Definitely quit for the night - lol
The real annoying part is that they happen one after the other with no real positive in between.

Please tell me which ones (or if all) I played miserable - or was just a bad time.

#1: Too small 3bet size. You give your opponent good implied odds to hit the set.

#2: You shall at least bet the turn. Actually you can try to bet the flop as some top pair holder will call you. Furthermore, just fold the river as your opponent won't bluff you after having checked 2 steets.

#3: Why not check call the turn and bet the river? Besides,l without Ad, nobody will allin here as your 3 street bet shows strong forces.

#4: You shall just call with 55. Do you think you can really beat the range of MP?

#5: Still too small 3bet size... As you hit top 2 pairs, just move allin here.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to see you have a bad day.

However i don´t think you are ready for 10 (not even for 5), every hand have a mistake on it.

Answering your question on hand #4, you are short (31bb´s) and in general people tag shortys like fish (because regs or good players going to buyin full or reload), so his calling range is a ton lighter.
The question there should be why you shove, if you shove expecting villain fold is not good because your FE is really low. Set mining should be more profitable considering most people calling your AI have you crushed (with 66+) or best scenario is a flip vs 2 overs. Like your hand, even if look bad and that you have the best hand pre and that he just get lucky, the reality is that is just a flip.
Flip

If you think MTTs are hard because variance, ring games are even harder because skill, and zoom is even harder than regular games, people still bad but regular games are softer, tbh i don´t think zoom is the right game to start learning cash, you should do a lot better on regular tables.

Also you could not expect to go there and just crush the games like the first 2 days, if was that easy everyone will be crushing which for the most part is not, most players on poker are losers, and do take time and study to beat the game.

If you put the effort to learn and study i´m sure you can succed but even after that luck will take a part too, so just need to be clear that is not a easy ride.

Still i wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all - really thanks you for your post(s). You really are mentoring me and I appreciate it! Your comments seem to be real well intended - they do not tear me down - it is more pointing me in the right direction.

Here are some of related thoughts:
However i don´t think you are ready for 10 (not even for 5), every hand have a mistake on it.​

I totally agree - most definitely I am nowhere near ready for NL10, it was just something I really wanted to try.
About the hands.. Hand #1 - I do not see a big mistake... is there one?
Hand #2 - I should post in that thread of shame - I played sooo bad.
Hand #3 - Yea weak play - and clearly should have folded river, but still felt like "luck is setting me up to fail" and stubbornness took over.
Hand #4 was a flip - and after so many that did not go may way.. was time something should (believe me I know how stupid this "argument" is, but just how I felt - and it is why if I lose 2 BI's I SHOULD QUIT!!! )

tbh i don´t think zoom is the right game to start learning cash, you should do a lot better on regular tables.​

Can you explain this more. I actually thought that zoom is easier because in zoom your play is a lot more based on the cards and position - and a little bit of opponents stats. In regular games I think that your decision are weight way heavier by reading correctly the opponent. So in a way it is like you have MORE things to take into account then in zoom. Also regular is really way too boring on single table, so you HAVE to jump between tables if you don't want to make mistakes cause you are bored. Where am I wrong in thinking here?

Also you could not expect to go there and just crush the games like the first 2 days, if was that easy everyone will be crushing which for the most part is not, most players on poker are losers, and do take time and study to beat the game.
That's too bad cause it was FUN! ;) (kidding)

If you put the effort to learn and study i´m sure you can succed but even after that luck will take a part too, so just need to be clear that is not a easy ride.

Still i wish you the best of luck.
THANKS!!!

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all - really thanks you for your post(s). You really are mentoring me and I appreciate it! Your comments seem to be real well intended - they do not tear me down - it is more pointing me in the right direction.
Glad you take it that way, is hard some times not hurt people feelings when is poker related and when english is not my first language. We used to bump each other on games way back since 4king poker forum, so just tryng to help.

Here are some of related thoughts:

I totally agree - most definitely I am nowhere near ready for NL10, it was just something I really wanted to try.
About the hands.. Hand #1 - I do not see a big mistake... is there one?
Hand #2 - I should post in that thread of shame - I played sooo bad.
Hand #3 - Yea weak play - and clearly should have folded river, but still felt like "luck is setting me up to fail" and stubbornness took over.
Hand #4 was a flip - and after so many that did not go may way.. was time something should (believe me I know how stupid this "argument" is, but just how I felt - and it is why if I lose 2 BI's I SHOULD QUIT!!! )
Min-3b pre is a mistake, you are short with 53bb effective stack so by min-3b you are giving villain the odds to set mine, he need to call 30c in a 90c pot (his 30 + your 60), so he is geting 3:1 for his money, and 30c compared with your stack ($5.3) is getting like 17-1 if he stack you when hit his set. If you make it the standard 3x and 3b to 90c then the pot is $1.20 (your 90 + his 30) so he need to call 60c only geting 2:1 this way, but most important, he paying 60c when your stack is $5.3 mean he is not geting the implied odds to set mine (He is geting less than 9-1) add that he is OOP then by set mine he is the one making the mistake. So even when it looks like no big deal the difference is that beting the right amount can be the difference between villain fold pre or calling because you give him the odds. Also beting less mean you are losing value (for example when he not hit his set and fold flop you only take him the extra 30 instead of take him the 60).

More clear, after 10 times he could lose $3 (extra 30c for min-3b x 10 times) when not hit and fold flop, and win $5.3 when hit and stack you, so for him is +ev, while you are winning only those $3 (his extra 30c x 10) when he miss, and losing $5.3 when stack you.

But if make it 90 then he is losing $6 after 10 times (the extra 60 x 10) and only winning $5.30 when hit making it a losing play for him to call the 3b for set mine, but now you are winning $6 when he miss and fold (when need to call 60 x10) and losing $5.30 when hit and stack you so now is +ev for you.

Can you explain this more. I actually thought that zoom is easier because in zoom your play is a lot more based on the cards and position - and a little bit of opponents stats. In regular games I think that your decision are weight way heavier by reading correctly the opponent. So in a way it is like you have MORE things to take into account then in zoom. Also regular is really way too boring on single table, so you HAVE to jump between tables if you don't want to make mistakes cause you are bored. Where am I wrong in thinking here?
Agree that game is different and reg tables are more borring and that zoom take away the pain of need to table select, tables breaking and a lot of other stuff (that´s why i love zoom)

Is easy to understand why is harder though, nature of zoom make players fold more because quick fold button so in general ranges are less wide, so bad player that on reg tables could open 50% or more hands (because if not get borred waiting), on zoom because can fold fast he can wait less to get better hands so is like educating bad players on open selection, so maybe he open 30% instead of 50%, so if range is less wide then edge smaller.

Also you can load more volume on zoom making it apealing for more regs, so regs ratio is higher on zoom, on reg tables have way more fish that still can pay you with 2nd or 3rd pair, on zoom is more nuty ranges.

Is probed that Zoom have lower winrates because of this, and because see a lot more hands also see more variance making it harder to succed

Last edited:
C

Cymro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying out a kind of weird strategy for this. Not sure if it's profitable yet but I've found that playing standard TAG just doesn't seem to work.

A-A - I'm always shoving preflop, hoping to get called by a weaker hand. If I don't get called at least I'm picking up any money already in the pot, and I don't give idiots with K-5 a chance to get in fairly cheap, flop 2-pair and felt me.

2-2 - K-K, I'm flat-calling most of the time, in any position, adjusting my calling range according to the hand rank (2-2 I'll only call 3bb, K-K I'll go to 10bb) hoping to make a set on the flop. If I don't make a set I play these extremely cautiously, hoping to win at showdown.

2-3s - 9 -10s, A-Xs I'm raising 12+bb from middle to late position, folding if I get re-raised.

A bet that size is strong enough to force most hands to fold, meaning I pick up anything already in the pot, and the fact that I'm playing different people every hand means it's a lot less likely that someone will catch on to what I'm doing and play back at me, which would happen very quickly in a normal cash game.

If I get called I'm hoping to hit 2 pairs, sets, straights and above. When I raise 12bb pre-flop with 5-4s, and hit a board like 5-K-4, someone with A-K is never going to put me on that hand and I will get all their chips. The other advantage is that if I'm in position, a lot of the time the caller will miss the flop and check it to me, so if I make a big C-Bet even the loosest calling station simply won't be able to risk calling. Again, if I'm weak and someone plays back at me I just fold and move on.

Playing a pot like this where villain calls a $25c raise, and folds to a $30c C-Bet, you're making 55c, where as if you played ABC poker you'd probably lose the same amount to some idiot with K-5.

A-K, K-Q, A-J etc. With unpaired broadway cards I'm always folding. Most people who see a flop are going to be playing these kinds of hands and putting you on these sorts of hands, so I'm just not playing them, there are too many ways you could be trapped, dominated, or get sucked out on with them.

If you make a big PFR, there's a good chance you'll be called by a broadway pair and one or more of your cards are dead, if you make a standard raise, there's a good chance that some idiot will call you with K5, hit a flop like K-5-8 and you'll lose a big chunk of your stack raising and calling him down with A-K. It just isn't worth it.

I'm also noting every time a player plays back at me, along with the time, this means I can avoid getting into tricky spots against maniac donks or regs who are getting wise to me.

Like I said, I'm trying it out, and I haven't played enough hands to work out if it's profitable or not, but I'd love to hear some thoughts.

C

Cymro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying out a kind of weird strategy for this. Not sure if it's profitable yet but I've found that playing standard TAG just doesn't seem to work.

A-A - I'm always shoving preflop, hoping to get called by a weaker hand. If I don't get called at least I'm picking up any money already in the pot, and I don't give idiots with K-5 a chance to get in fairly cheap, flop 2-pair and felt me.

2-2 - K-K, I'm flat-calling most of the time, in any position, adjusting my calling range according to the hand rank (2-2 I'll only call 3bb, T-T+ I'll go higher) hoping to make a set on the flop. If I don't make a set I play these extremely cautiously, hoping to win at showdown.

2-3s - 9 -10s, A-Xs I'm raising 12+bb from middle to late position, folding if I get re-raised.

A bet that size is strong enough to force most hands to fold, meaning I pick up anything already in the pot, and the fact that I'm playing different people every hand means it's a lot less likely that someone will catch on to what I'm doing and play back at me, which would happen very quickly in a normal cash game.

If I get called I'm hoping to hit 2 pairs, sets, straights and above. When I raise 12bb pre-flop with 5-4s, and hit a board like 5-K-4, someone with A-K is never going to put me on that hand and I will get all their chips. The other advantage is that if I'm in position, a lot of the time the caller will miss the flop and check it to me, so if I make a big C-Bet even the loosest calling station simply won't be able to risk calling. Again, if I'm weak and someone plays back at me I just fold and move on.

Playing a pot like this where villain calls a $25c raise, and folds to a $30c C-Bet, you're making 55c, where as if you played ABC poker you'd probably lose the same amount to some idiot with K-5.

A-K, K-Q, A-J etc. With unpaired broadway cards I'm always folding. Most people who see a flop are going to be playing these kinds of hands and putting you on these sorts of hands, so I'm just not playing them, there are too many ways you could be trapped, dominated, or get sucked out on with them.

If you make a big PFR, there's a good chance you'll be called by a broadway pair and one or more of your cards are dead, if you make a standard raise, there's a good chance that some idiot will call you with K5, hit a flop like K-5-8 and you'll lose a big chunk of your stack raising and calling him down with A-K. It just isn't worth it.

I'm also noting every time a player plays back at me, along with the time, this means I can avoid getting into tricky spots against maniac donks or regs who are getting wise to me.

Like I said, I'm trying it out, and I haven't played enough hands to work out if it's profitable or not, but I'd love to hear some thoughts.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm tbh i can only agree on AA... That way you can hope someone have AK,KK,QQ and that they dont hit set :)
As far as connectors go i dont like that idea.... You gave example 4-k-5 board... Who will call 12bb open raise? KK for sure... 55 and 44 maybe.... So you can get in trouble :) i dont like that part....
And why flatting pocketpairs? If you are first to act limp or raise?

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you Logan for great explanations!
It also shows me how much I have yet to learn!

I am bad though - the NL2 will not keep my attention. I did try 2 tables (zoom) I can play well (don't feel rushed or anything) but except for a few slow spots I enjoy 1 table more. So I tried NL5. I figured I will do bad and will run back to NL2 - but as luck would have it - I did very well. Up $12+ on 800 hands.
What are your thoughts about 2 zoom NL2 tables vs 1 NL5 table? My stats were very close to the ones on NL2 :eek:.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Than make it 2x5nl :)

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Than make it 2x5nl :)

I enjoy more the game playing 1 table - besides the chances are that I was lucky, as you guys said before, that win rate is most likely NOT sustainable.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its definetly not,i for example yday went -3bi in like 50 hands....
KK run into AA,AA cracked by AJ and one fullhouse vs nut flush on river....
:)

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
uu

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Scary stuff - sorry to hear.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens :)

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck! Obviously, everyone says to tighten up your play. This will help you stay out of some bad situations, but I think it will also get you MORE addicted to the hands that you just can't fold already. You really need to focus on letting go of hands like TPTK when you're facing overt aggression that screams 2-pair or better. All that matters is whether or not your hand is better or worse, not how much better or worse it is.

I'm subbed and sending run good vibes.

Last edited:
vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woohooo
This is the biggest single hand win since I started playing more seriously zoom:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $5.13 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
SB: $5.75 (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 33.33, Hands: 9)
BB: $6.81 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG: $3.91 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
MP: $3.20
Hero (CO): $6.39

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 9 9

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.87, 2 players) 7 K K
Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

Turn: ($1.27, 2 players) 9
Hero bets $0.35, BTN calls $0.35

River: ($1.97, 2 players) 8
Hero bets $0.65, BTN raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $5.44 and is all-in, BTN calls $1.78 and is all-in

Hero shows 9 9 (Full House, Nines full of Kings) (Pre 53%, Flop 7%, Turn 84%)
BTN shows Q K (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 47%, Flop 93%, Turn 16%)
Hero wins $9.90

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG
- just a few hands later ... when u got luck you need nothing else :)

BTN: $5.27 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
SB: $6.09 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
BB: $2.56 (VPIP: 6.67, PFR: 6.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
UTG: $13.35 (VPIP: 17.86, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 30)
Hero (MP): $13.89
CO: $4.93 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 3:spade: 3:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 6:club: K:diamond: 3:club:
SB bets $0.70, Hero raises to $1.40, SB raises to $5.69 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.29

Turn: ($12.23, 2 players) 3:heart:

River: ($12.23, 2 players) 5:heart:

SB shows A:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Threes) (Pre 82%, Flop 13%, Turn 0%)
Hero shows 3:spade: 3:diamond: (Four of a Kind, Threes) (Pre 18%, Flop 87%, Turn 100%)
Hero wins $11.72

C

Cymro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm tbh i can only agree on AA... That way you can hope someone have AK,KK,QQ and that they dont hit set :)
As far as connectors go i dont like that idea.... You gave example 4-k-5 board... Who will call 12bb open raise? KK for sure... 55 and 44 maybe.... So you can get in trouble :) i dont like that part....
And why flatting pocketpairs? If you are first to act limp or raise?

I agree, that could be an issue, but lets say most people's calling range is AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK, if you hit that flop with those cards and shove, most of the time you're ahead.

If I'm in a pot that's already raised, I'll flat-call with KK-22. If I'm opening, I'll min-raise for 22-99, and go up to 3 or 4bb for TT+. The reason being, I want to hit a set and get paid off for it by someone trying to trap with a bigger pair. In my experience, most of the big pots I win in 2NL are with disguised hands like sets or full boats. The guys who hit their flush always ignore paired boards, the guys with AA always think you're shoving them with a smaller pair. I've seen people with JJ call me down with a K-A-K flop.

But I am actually tightening this up a little bit, I had a few good sessions with this play, but the more I do it I find the more I feel I'm getting 3-Bet or donked too much for it to work. I still think that betting more aggressively than normal and playing more suited connector type hands is a good idea, though.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well only nits have that calling range tbh,and they are very easy to play with,so thats not most of people,i think its ok flatting pairs and hope to hit a set altho i would rather reraise to make sure no funny hands get into that pot like ace rag etc...
I agree about biggest pots tho... I won most with str8s and fullhouses,since most people over play tptk or just top pair...

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyway hm2 stopped showing hud for some reason.... I can see all hands in active session,and i see table hud but nothing else.... Pretty annoying....
Ill try tommorow to reinstall damn thing....

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah hm2 stopped cause ps7 is now beta.....
Silly me,i did reinstall bot several times to notice this :)

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well - here we go... I lost 2 BI's in just 26 hands.
At least I have the common sense to leave the game now.
this was the second hand (the first hand i really played like a moron)

BTN: $5.00 (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 10)
SB: $7.39 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
BB: $4.85 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 4)
UTG: $2.50 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
Hero (MP): $5.00
CO: $3.05 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has T:club: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BTN raises to $0.55, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.72, 3 players) T:diamond: J:diamond: 9:club:
Hero bets $0.82, fold, BTN calls $0.82

Turn: ($3.36, 2 players) T:spade:
Hero bets $1.61, BTN raises to $3.63 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.02 and is all-in

River: ($10.62, 2 players) Q:spade:

Hero shows T:club: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Tens)

BTN shows T:heart: K:spade: (Straight, King High)

BTN wins $10.18

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ye tipical... Has to be river....