second best flush live game

D

dannyof1992

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
this is a hypothetical that i need help with.

simply if im second best flush lets say on the turn or river , and my bet gets reraised or
of this nature and it goes to all in mid stacked not too deep
should i fear and fold to potential ace high flush?
thanks,
i know some will need details to give me a general answer so lets say its 1/2 live,
i have no reads yet just sat down, 9 handed

A

AdamasDate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Your question is a paradox in its self if you know u have second best flush why are you worried about folding to a raise? also its a standard to get stacked A high flush to flush for e.g hands to strong to fold in most cases

also yea the situation based of actions, bet sizes seats ect

D

dannyof1992

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
u answered it without realiseing. so the hand is too strong to fold thats what i wanted to know haha. i asked it on a different poker forum and thats what they said too. my apologies my english not so good

A

AdamasDate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
No problem brother low flushes u may fold if tons of money starts to go in eariler streets but k high or q alot of the time your going broke

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this is a hypothetical that i need help with.

simply if im second best flush lets say on the turn or river , and my bet gets reraised or
of this nature and it goes to all in mid stacked not too deep
should i fear and fold to potential ace high flush?
thanks,
i know some will need details to give me a general answer so lets say its 1/2 live,
i have no reads yet just sat down, 9 handed
You should play non-nutted flushes controllig the pot. However, your hand description is way too poor to give any information. We need to know at least which stake you are in, the stack sizings of hero and villain and actions prefop and postflop given board texture. Because there's a huge difference in having a second nut flush playing NLHE 2 online or NLHE 400 live. Also we are playing a second nut flush in position or out of position? Is it a single raised pot, a 3-bet pot or a 4-bet pot? Is it turn or river that we have do decide, what is the SPR, what is the psychological profile of our opponent, HUD stats and miriad of other useful informations and variants that change drastically our overall action and decision.

D

dannyof1992

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
nlh 1/2 live we’re both at 100 bb, single raised pot, can you try to give me a ballpark answer pretending like not having every single detail, i get would be ideL but no reads on op just sat down. two others said so far between this site and the orher that probly secons best flush is too strong to fold most of the time. im really only looking for a most of the time kind of answer, thanks for reply

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you bet and he gives aggression, then either he has a ready-made flash that is older than you, or he wants the card to fall out and after he has a high card flash, he will pick you up in fat. Sometimes it'll be a bluff from a good player who thinks you're a passive player and he'll make a beautiful bluff but you need to know about the player to fully understand which decision would be right but I wouldn't throw it away

D

dannyof1992

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
if you bet and he gives aggression, then either he has a ready-made flash that is older than you, or he wants the card to fall out and after he has a high card flash, he will pick you up in fat. Sometimes it'll be a bluff from a good player who thinks you're a passive player and he'll make a beautiful bluff but you need to know about the player to fully understand which decision would be right but I wouldn't throw it away
cheers mate

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Generally I’m probably going broke here. I feel this has happened to me quite a few times in my poker past and I can’t think of one time where I folded with 2nd nut flush. I’ve definitely gone broke with worse lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a flush, there are 8 cards of that suit left, meaning there are 7 different combos of the nut flush, given of course that the A is not on the board on in your hand. So at most the opponent can have 7 combos of the nut flush, and sometimes he might be 3-betting suited aces preflop, if you were the preflop raiser, in which case he will have less. There are 6 possible combos of AA preflop, when you dont hold an ace in your hand. So start by asking yourself, if you would KK preflop to a single opponent, because he might have AA? Most likely you would not. So why would you consider to fold a K high flush, when its the second nuts, and the opponent can at most have 7 combos, that beat it? Of course its different, if the board is paired, or there are 4 cards to a flush on the board.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you bet and get raise, I would fold,because i never folded XD
I have seen a motherload of flushs on aces calling my flush on K
So i dont know,if you want to win,pay attention to the players around,seen a flush nuts with second best flush its too sad,but seen another flush and winning a motherload of money its great XD
I sugest you study in classes and softwares to know better then me
Go for the gold
God bless

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I mean one card beats you and you're gonna give some random credit for that on the river?..... yeah probably not,
would need to be a player I'm familiar with and even then sometimes they just have it but most of the time you're not folding there👍

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the opponent and it is worth assessing his range, with which hand the opponent will play so aggressively

Full Flush Poker Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games