How to counter LAG player?

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely agree...I guess I should have clarified, I automatically assume most LAGs are mindless, because that's what plays at my regular game

You're still probably better off getting position on him and 3B more often with "marginal" hands to take control of the pot away, and just flatting less unless you have great odds in multiway pots with hands that flop nutted like SC's and PP's

Just make sure you have your postflop game down.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many people don't understand what a real LAG is. We aren't idiots that want to hand you our stack. I see this ALL the time, hero says he's sick of me and he's gonna make a hand a jam it down my throat... hold on I missed let's fold... Anyway when I get this hand, oops that's a fold... I'm gonna stack him so hard, YES NAILED MY SET! He cbet the flop, play it cool now, just call. Why'd he check the turn I only called? Let's throw a little bet out there and he'll raise, wtf he folded? Well I'll get him with my next big hand, eh missed better fold...

***Edit***
^^^A2345 gave you a real answer

Last edited:
newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a lag my self so +1 to ^ comment being a lag is hard out of position and even harder when going against an aggresive player :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

T

ticoarm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should reraise at the preflop, don't let LAG to see flop for cheap,
in this situation, you have position, and the key is raise at preflop.
Of course, for balance, sometimes you should just call with your monster hand, because he will 4bet you if he found that you always 3bet him.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually a tight-aggressive player on the live tables unless I don't hit then I turn into weak-tight. There's this LAG player reg in my room who always raises to 15, then pot sizes on flop, and if I don't hit, I would have to fold and even when I flop a draw, it still costs a boat load for drawing especially if he double barrels.

For example this hand I played:

Hero on Dealer with J10HH, limps, sb completes, LAG in BB raises to 15,

Hero calls , SB folds

Stacks are $500 eff

Flop comes

6h 4h 4s

BB bets 30, Hero tank folds... because it might hit his range of being a lag with a 4 or 6 .. and I'm not getting the price to call, and my implied odds aren't that heavily strong considering he does know how to fold at times.

Is it wise to raise him here and try to take it down? What if he calls and the turn is a brick, do I call his 2nd bet or if he checks, do I check hoping for a H to come? Really fustrated how this LAG dude runs over the table...

I think a raise is fine. You're in position and you have a lot of outs. You called with TJ suited to get that kind of flop. To just call then fold is bad.

What were you hoping to hit?

J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are by far the toughest villains in the game for me. They also seem to be the biggest winners.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are by far the toughest villains in the game for me. They also seem to be the biggest winners.

Well, if you are good post flop you want to call more in position and 3b more in position, so the best players will be more active..and are aggressive by nature.