HOH Volume 1 - Book Discussion Announcement

DrumDemon

DrumDemon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can count me in. I'm in the middle of volume 2 but I will gladly reread the beginning of volume one to have a discussion.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great - we would love to have you join us!

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if they are still around, but I ordered a copy of this book for 5.99$ used on amazon. There were a few other copies for similar prices, but they may have gone now.

What do you mean by a book discussion? As in what will we do and in what media?
I found 1 for $15+$3.99 SaH---Is that good??:confused:

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is about as good as you are going to get. Order it today - you only have a week now.
It says right there where the book is on Amazon that if I order within the next 7hrs and 40mins (or sumpin' like that) I can have it by Thursday Sept 18th---tommorrow! So I think I'll give it a try,eh?:)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
internet or AOL or something was whack last night so I read my 34 pages :)
will read them again before discussion , looking forward to it :)

aquadad

aquadad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I checked the book out from the local library. I plan on getting my own copy, but, til then, I can check out several books for free to see if I'm really interested in buying them. And I am. I'm looking forward to these discussions and seeing how off base I really am.

G

GivenWings

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington on Hold'em Vol. 1 has to be one of, if not THE, greatest NLHE strategy book out there today. Even though it's designated toward the tournament end of things, many of the principles can be applied to cash games as well. I actually consider it my overall NLHE "Bible." It has everything.

Can't wait to get the ball rolling with all of you. :D

JdhMac

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will get in on this for sure. I started reading this a few months back and then didnt get all the way through (play poker or read poker? :) )

I will start again from scratch and particpate in this. I can't wait will we get to the part where he talks about min raising ;)

G

GivenWings

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So are we still on for the 24th?.

DrumDemon

DrumDemon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington on Hold'em Vol. 1 has to be one of, if not THE, greatest NLHE strategy book out there today. Even though it's designated toward the tournament end of things, many of the principles can be applied to cash games as well. I actually consider it my overall NLHE "Bible." It has everything.

Can't wait to get the ball rolling with all of you. :D

JdhMac

It is true that these books are geared towards tourney play and they can be adapted to cash games but Harrongton also has books on cash games as well. ;)

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true that these books are geared towards tourney play and they can be adapted to cash games but Harrongton also has books on cash games as well. ;)

Yes this series is for tournament play. Although some can be applied to cash it is minimal at best (maybe some of the bluffing, basic pot odds/outs and hand rankings).

If you are looking for a cash game book I would do a search or make a post asking for recommendations.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Wed morning I will start a new thread for the discussion of part 1.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will be in this discussion.
Just purchased up the book today and have finished the first chapter but will read it again just before discussion.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Oh snap. Leave it to me to wait until now to view this thread. I'll have to see if they have this at the library, so I can get started, then buy the book. Hopefully I'll have time to sit down and read it, and also join in on the discussion.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt mind joining this discussion as well. I have 1 and 3 (cant find Book 2 at my local bookstore though..weird). Havent read 3 but have read 1. I will try and re-read chapter 1 again though.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gah, now i have to find my copy among the gigantic mess that is my house. :(

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meh just remembered I gave out my HoH series on loan to some asshole and never got it back.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Meh just remembered I gave out my HoH series on loan to some asshole and never got it back.

If you have already read it you can still join in on the discussion - especially as we get deeper into the book.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a note to let everyone know -

The discussion on part 1 is going well and we will contimue it. I wanted to set a date for beginning the discussion on part 2.

It is a bit longer - I think about 45 pages. Let's begin that discussion on Thursday, Oct 9th.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good!

Just a note to let everyone know -

The discussion on part 1 is going well and we will contimue it. I wanted to set a date for beginning the discussion on part 2.

It is a bit longer - I think about 45 pages. Let's begin that discussion on Thursday, Oct 9th.
That works REALLY well for me' 'cuz I got ALOT of studying to do!:eek:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay - I am going to start the thread for the part 2 discussion today. This discussion will run through Oct 28th. I know that is over 2 weeks - but this section is longer. And - from a personal standpoint I can't start the part 3 discussion until 10/29 due to the Niagara Falls trip. So since I am driving this bus we will have to work with my extensive travel schedule lol.

If anyone else wants to drive it to move it along more quickly let me know - otherwise I will stay at the wheel!

BTW - great job on the part 1 discussion!!!!