My 1,000 Post I want "To Pay it Forward"

archangelzx

archangelzx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any exception to the post count?
Otherwise I fit all the criteria, Really keen to improve cashgame FR as I am just a break even player.

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Otherwise I fit all the criteria, Really keen to improve cashgame FR as I am just a break even player.

Howboutno:hello:

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks for joining Cardschat this is a great Poker forum you can learn lots on here as I did. I know if I had just joined here I would be thinking wow just my luck always a day late when things like this happen . I believe things just happen for a reason most of the time , even bad beats I think they happen to see how a player is going to respond and take it .Are they going to spazz out and go Tilt monkey, or are they going to try to stay focused on there A game and in time just win it back during that session? As I stated above I admired TPC for Paying It Forward over a year ago here was his "Rules" I think he wanted them to have 1,000 post .And recently The Kaahk posted "Giving out a Free Bankroll" . Great job Khaahk by the way. Basically for someone that has been established here for awhile . You can still plead your case on this thread if you want but .Well this is what I am gong to do .All longtime members that have posted on here please PM me with your thoughts of my Rules . And I fill the criteria ugh:rolleyes: .Hint if I was to apply here I would really plead my case why I deserve to win or this would be great for me because Etc... ;) I started playing poker back in Etc... I really struggle etc.... my fav pro player etc... hope you guys get the drift.:)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DragTheBar will be throwing in a subscription as well. Maybe a mod can edit that into the OP.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice gesture AIC. Looks like a great chance for a player to hit the ground running in cash games.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really great gesture AIC and everyone else involved. You're an asset to the forum and congrats on the 1k.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe as a little thank you the winner could write a brief review of BR79's book seeing as he has been kind enough to donate a copy ;)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the 1K AIC and kudos on yur generosity!!!

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should have assumed a year, I doubt they woulda backed out after :)

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will throw my hat into the ring here.

I have been a member here since Oct 2010, and have learned a lot since being here. In early 2011, I was able to turn $0 into $1400 on FTP in tournaments, but was always a loser during cash games. After Black Friday, I tried for the next few months to play on either Merge or bodog, and realized I had to switch to cash due to the serious lack of tournament volume. And since I did not have much of a bankroll to work with I lost in cash games on Merge and Bodog.

Since about September of last year, I have not been playing much besides the CC freerolls here. I don't have HEM or PTR right now but I would be willing to purchase it. I would be willing to learn, and willing to work hard. Thanks for the opportunity, AIC.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was debating weather or not to apply for this or not for a number of reasons, the main being that I feel I should of left this for more a newbie player who is just starting and also because, I have been primarily a SnG/MTT player which most people might well know by now.

After thinking about it though I have decided to apply because of the following,

I believe with patience/ a blog/ + HH reviews and coaching via skype with good winning players, I think it's a good opportunity for me to really get involved in cash games and actually become a winner at the lower limits. I've always wanted to be a cash game player because of the more skill involved and being able to determine when enough, really is enough. You can't just quit MTT's, unless you want to lose your buy-in. I also contiunued mainly on with SnG/MTT because they are easy games to play, everyone is really bad and it's just a question of your ranges but after a while, this becomes quite boring too for me personally.

The draining aspect of variance just becomes to much and I seriously want a break from SnG/MTT games as it does get to much at times playing hours on end, surpassing 3k+ people to finish for not much more than mincash in 18th spot for example. I've been profitable in MTT/SnG games for quite a while now, but the same old scenarios of push/fold poker just becomes a bit of a bore and I want a new challenge.

Anyway, whoever else applies, best of luck to you all and again, a great gesture AIC.

I believe with the right tuition + education in cash games, I will learn more on tilt control and the patience needed to "grind" it up and think the whole blog aspect will keep me disciplined.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AIC, you are a gentleman and a scholar :) Great offer.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all the scum in poker who are busy trying to rip everyone off, and many who are self-centered and only think about themselves, ALL IN CLUBS (and BlackRain, WVH, CardsChat) is a refreshing change. It is great to see so many members here trying to help others in some way.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice AIC.

Gotta love CC!!

:cool:

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all the scum in poker who are busy trying to rip everyone off, and many who are self-centered and only think about themselves, ALL IN CLUBS (and BlackRain, WVH, CardsChat) is a refreshing change. It is great to see so many members here trying to help others in some way.

Thanks, I think the majority are very honest good people, it's the few bad apples that leave that bad taste in every ones mouth.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just seen this, way cool offer AIC.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've looked at this post a few times and am now throwing my hat in the ring.

I've been lucky to be chugging along at micro and have built up a respectable micro bankroll on Carbon that makes me comfortable at 10NL (have kissed my money at AP and from FT goodbye--but got into the several-hundred dollar range on both of those sites doing the freeroll to bankroll method).

What I'm loving about poker is that there is always so much to learn. And I really want to learn it. Partially because I really love the nuances of this game. And partially because my lottery fantasy is to get good and be able to make a nice side income playing poker -- and then be the first female to win the Main Event at the wsop. Hey, a girl can dream...

I really would like to improve my game. I play 10NL mostly now (started mostly at 4NL). I play 6-max and usually multi-table up to 4-6 tables. I'm not comfortable with more than that because I feel like I lose out on my "table feel."

On one hand I guess the cash you are offering would allow me to play 12 tables at 4NL and not feel bad about losing some of that feel. But, to be honest, I've got a roll and really don't need the money. So maybe I could take on this challenge but the money could be used in some other way for CC. The review and training opportunity mean much more to me than the cash.

I've posted more than a few times about being a casual, part-time player. I've started a thread for my learning but don't get to it as often as I would like (IRL is very pesky). The benefit of this, IMHO, is that I think I represent the average engaged player who loves the game. I'd like to show folks that you don't have to be a stereotypical grinder to be able to beat the game. And I'm an eternal optimist who wants to believe that full online poker will return with a bang to the US.

I have PT3 (actually I'm beta testing PT4 right now), have Skype although my webcam has been wonky on the laptop so might have to invest in a cam and a microphone.

Not sure what time commitment you would want. I could devote little time during the week (maybe an hour or two 2 or 3 weeknights, max) and 10-15 hours on the weekends. Not sure if that is enough for the purposes of this venture.

Bottom line--I'd like to take part. I'll understand if you're looking for a different player profile.

Either way, very classy offer and I thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:
ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more day:) And there will be a Twist at the end so Stay tuned Folks:D

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would take you up on this but i don't have the cash for PT3, i don't have alot of time. Plus i am an SNG player more then Ring right now. If FTP was still here i would be playing Rush poker.
Congrats on who wins, very nice of you AIC.

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so I started This 2weeks ago at this time. We have some great contestants and hard choices to make. So how i'm going to do it, is just put the names in a Hat and have my wife pick two names:) .Then I will tell you the Twist:icon_comp
Hat

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
excited for the response!