Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has 9s Kc
UTG raises to €0.08, 2 folds, BTN calls €0.08, fold, Hero calls €0.04

Flop: (€0.26, 3 players) Qc 8s Qs
Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

Turn: (€0.26, 3 players) Qd

River: (€0.26, 3 players) 8h
Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets €0.40, Hero folds, UTG calls €0.40

This guy is a reg, everyday I play with him. I know he could be bluffing this spot. However I was wondering if he could have Ax

Results: €1.06 pot (€0.00 rake)
Final Board: Qc 8s Qs Qd 8h

UTG shows 7d Kd: (Full House, Queens full of Eights)
(Pre 32%, Flop 21%, Turn 18%)

BTN shows Jd Kh: (Full House, Queens full of Eights)
(Pre 68%, Flop 79%, Turn 82%)

BTN wins €0.49
UTG wins €0.50

All of Us had a full house, but if someone had Ax ?

This person win, or the pot is splited ? Can someone help me thanks.!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In NLH you use 5 cards to make a hand. So when there is a full house on the board, the only way to win is with a better full house, quads or a straight flush. The ranking of hands on this board is:

QX
AA
KK
JJ
TT
Everything else (playing the board)

When both flop and turn gets checked through, its pretty unlikely, anyone has a hand, that beat playing the board. And the reg took advantage of that by trying to push you off a chop. At least it was a cheap poker lesson, since you were only in for €0.08 :)

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My humble opinion. It's better to familiarize yourself with the rules of the game first and then start betting with real money. (of course starting from the lowest possible stake). Don't add more variance to what poker already has by itself.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is just a fold pre. Bad hand with reverse implied odds.

On the river maybe you should call but it's not a big mistake either way as you are risking $0.4 to win $0.47 or so

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is just a fold pre. Bad hand with reverse implied odds.
Against a larger raise I would fold. But when its only a min-raise, I think, its ok to stick in the extra €0.04 to potentially win a pot of €0.26. You just need to be ready to fold top pair bad kicker, if the action gets to heavy. Its close though, and its not a mandatory defend in a cash game. It would be in a tournament though due to the ante.
On the river maybe you should call but it's not a big mistake either way as you are risking $0.4 to win $0.47 or so
What story is BTN really telling here? He is closing action, and he checked back twice. Would he do that with 99-JJ, that needs protection? Would he not 3-bet KK-AA preflop? Would he not want to get some value from quads at least on the turn? And now, that everyone is at least playing the board, and both opponents check again showing a ton of weakness, he overbet the pot for value?

If UTG had bet, and BTN called, then I would fold, because there is to much risk, that at least one of them beat playing the board, and UTG can perhaps have KK-AA and play it like that. But when its BTN, that bet, I think, this is a call, because his story makes no sense at all. But its not a big mistake to fold, and in a cash game the rake actually eats quite a bit into the profit of calling. Hero is calling to get his €0.08 back, but to do so he has to pay €0.02 in rake, so he actually only gets €0.06 by risking €0.40.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Against a larger raise I would fold. But when its only a min-raise, I think, its ok to stick in the extra €0.04 to potentially win a pot of €0.26. You just need to be ready to fold top pair bad kicker, if the action gets to heavy. Its close though, and its not a mandatory defend in a cash game. It would be in a tournament though due to the ante.

What story is BTN really telling here? He is closing action, and he checked back twice. Would he do that with 99-JJ, that needs protection? Would he not 3-bet KK-AA preflop? Would he not want to get some value from quads at least on the turn? And now, that everyone is at least playing the board, and both opponents check again showing a ton of weakness, he overbet the pot for value?

If UTG had bet, and BTN called, then I would fold, because there is to much risk, that at least one of them beat playing the board, and UTG can perhaps have KK-AA and play it like that. But when its BTN, that bet, I think, this is a call, because his story makes no sense at all. But its not a big mistake to fold, and in a cash game the rake actually eats quite a bit into the profit of calling. Hero is calling to get his €0.08 back, but to do so he has to pay €0.02 in rake, so he actually only gets €0.06 by risking €0.40.

It's true you are getting great odds preflop, but I still think it's a struggle to make this a profitable call. You are really hoping to flop 2 pair or trips and even then it will be difficult.to get paid off out of position.

Of course button's line is super suspect and you will chop often, but you are only making 1.5bb if he has zero bluffs. You need to be good here super often 85%-90%+ (I think) and occasionally you will run into a super slow played Q or something like 99 or TT that was played cautiously. Perhaps you run into it 10% of the time or so, hence why I think it's not a big deal to call or fold either way. Neither is a huge error.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
iPoker - €0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3 : http://www.holdemmanager.com

BTN: €4.82 (120.5 bb)
SB: €0.85 (21.3 bb)
Hero (BB): €5.87 (146.8 bb)
UTG: €4.66 (116.5 bb)
MP: €4.01 (100.3 bb)
CO: €3.73 (93.3 bb)

SB posts €0.02, Hero posts BB €0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has 9s Kc
UTG raises to €0.08, 2 folds, BTN calls €0.08, fold, Hero calls €0.04

Flop: (€0.26, 3 players) Qc 8s Qs

Turn: (€0.26, 3 players) Qd

River: (€0.26, 3 players) 8h
Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets €0.40, Hero folds, UTG calls €0.40

This guy is a reg, everyday I play with him. I know he could be bluffing this spot. However I was wondering if he could have Ax

Results: €1.06 pot (€0.00 rake)
Final Board: Qc 8s Qs Qd 8h

UTG shows 7d Kd: (Full House, Queens full of Eights)
(Pre 32%, Flop 21%, Turn 18%)

BTN shows Jd Kh: (Full House, Queens full of Eights)
(Pre 68%, Flop 79%, Turn 82%)

BTN wins €0.49
UTG wins €0.50

All of Us had a full house, but if someone had Ax ?

This person win, or the pot is splited ? Can someone help me thanks.!
Whussup mate, thanks for sharing your hand. I agree with other players that have comments upon this hand.
I would just like to add that it's okay to call preflop here giving the good pot odds and it's also okay to fold: in the long run we will be doing both of this actions. We cannot fold a 100% of times and we cannot call it a 100% of times, so we must find some kind of balance.
I don't think a squeeze will work very good here in any situation against any type of player.
Pay attention to what other forum members have said, all of them, because they own a lot of experience and play poker for a long time. Do not take just your opinion (or mine) as a rule.
Have a nice day and keep on grinding!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps you run into it 10% of the time or so, hence why I think it's not a big deal to call or fold either way. Neither is a huge error.
Yeah I agree. And maybe folding is even better due to the rake. Which by the way also mean, that this play by BTN is pretty questionable. In this case he got one opponent to fold, which mean, he won a whopping 1BB, but he had to pay 0,5BB in rake. When both opponents call, he lose the 0,5BB rake. When both opponents fold, he win 4BB, but how often does that really happen, when its such an obvious bluff? And occationally someone will have a super slowplayed or cautiously played hand, that beat playing the board, and he lose his entire 10BB bet. So kind of a dumb and also jerky move. In his spot I would just check back and be happy to chop the pot.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That rake is quite expensive. More than 6% for every 15c added to the pot. Folding preflop is a reasonable option as well.