How many games are you comfortable multi-tabling and why?

How many tables do you play at a time?

Votes: 11 8.7%

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters
rancidcarp

rancidcarp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need a video card that supports dual monitors. and then just set up display to extend desktop. pretty simple to do intruction on youtube and many choices in card and not that expensive for the card and a splitter type adapter

NickFurlano

NickFurlano

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the site... at pokerstars i was able to do 10 to 15 but now on sites like bcp and carbon im only comfortable with 5 to 6

J

jayace66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two or three

If I play more than three I start making stupid calls or fold good hands just because I'm in a rush.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing two tournies at one time

Is playing more than one tourney at the same time a distraction for you?

B

Bjshamb69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, i can manage 2, and still be able to pay full attention to all the players...
if i end up in more it generally becomes more Abc poker where i'm desperatly trying not to miss my winning hands...
That's just me though, everyone has there own "limit"

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 or 3 tables at a time could work for me no more than that since there are a lot of info that i would miss

but it all depends on the stages if early i could manage more if deep in the tourney i prefer one or two specially in final tables where one missing detail will cost positions when all is set

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash Games upto 8 at a time.
With tourneys, I don't play more than 4.
With cash games, sitting out is option that I cant afford to do when playing tourneys.

sunburnt2k11

sunburnt2k11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i'm looking to win, one table. if i'm looking to survive, two. i have a simple mind and watching tv while playing doesn't help lol

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need to play 3 table just to keep focus.1 or 2 table can

make me lost focus because of the boredom.

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been known to play 24 at a time. I play mostly at the micros so it's basic tight abc. The problem with playing so many is that you often have limited time to make decisions. This, however, can also be an upside as it forces you to make decisions quicker. Obviously, if you rigorously review your game then your decision making process will improve drastically. The main problems I had with multitabling were when I had four or five final tables going at once. I used to have to go into sitout in the multitude of other games I would have playing. Nowadays, my playing system consists of 4 tourneys, 4 sngs, and the rest of my tables are cash games. That way, when approaching final tables I can finish sngs and not start a new one and close cash games at will.

Another point is that, when I started multitabling, I looked into the effects of loss in expected ROI and started with 4 tables and added 2 at a time until I was comfortable with that many. I remember when I first started 8-tabling how hard it was. It is doable though and with tools like placemint it's very manageable. I have a four 19" monitor set up and can display 16 tables per monitor.

S

SamBush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find I get bored with just the one or two however more than 6 can certainly make me play spewwy or too tight, my A game is certainly affected.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If doing a tourney, I do one at a time. I like to be able to devote my full attention to my table mates and try to pick up any nuggets about them that I can.

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are starting to play now, it is not ideal to play two tournaments, try before advancing to this stage to understand the dynamics of the game players in only one table. After this step go to two tournaments and do the same. When you're playing your best game without being distracted in two tournaments to go try increasing to 3/4/5 tables! :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope. its pretty much standard. the thing is that if your a beginner ,it would be advisable to stick to one in order to be able to focus better.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can manage two tourneys when the tables are full, blinds are low, and there's not much going on, but when both tables are short-handed and I need to be aggressive with marginal hands on both tables, trying to maintain two streams of thought is just too much for me.

I was playing at 5-handed tables in both the ACR freeroll and a CC league game last week, I was not playing well on either table at all. Looking over the HH's, there were a lot of spots where I should have been opening, 3-betting or shoving but didn't.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the more games the better I seem to do:)
gets a little messy after 8 tbls
if Im deep in a big one Id put most focus on that and TAG ABC the rest

sometimes over thinking can be bad
at lower levels especially, tight ABC poker wins hands down
more tables means less bored, playing less marginal hands, less bluffs, etc...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play on a laptop, about two to three games is my limit. Much more than that gets little hard to focus and arrange the tables on the screen.

yeezus

yeezus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think two is the limit. I have had success in 4 or more before but i miss a lot of significant information that could be used in the latter stages of the tourney to determine player ranges and such.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can multi table depending on how great your focus is. If you are trying to win rather than just cash, it will take longer to make decisions, so there is that factor as well.

Steffel

Steffel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After 4 tables I can't keep track of the action. I have to at least be playing 2 though it keeps me focused.

Slawa1986

Slawa1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play is usually not more than 5 tables! If you play more, you'll make a lot of mistakes! If it's cash the table, more tolerant, but if it's a MTT, you better not play more than 3 tables!

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me i can't play on more than 3 table on MTT either i will make much more mistakes and some times major ones; i agree with you that for more efficienty i have to play just one : to take notes , observe players style, take my time to make decisions etc... that impossible in multi-tabling.

C

Caissa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do one table at a time. Once in a while I try to play two games using play money just to see. I usually get frustrated really quickly. I have a laptop and an external monitor but it is really small. For some reason my client wont let the window shrink enough to let two windows fit on the screen so its very frustrating.

I'm really just starting out though Since I can easily spend 3+ hours in a freeroll and burst on the bubble, my hourly rate is not that important right now. I am focusing on studying, developing good habits, learning how to read opponents and put them on ranges, building my modest bankroll and celebrating my small victories.

Top 10 Games