what style do you play and is it the right one

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I change it up so much idk whay to call my strategy lol I switch from lag to tag to crazy person haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

EpicJay

EpicJay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see everyone is talking about playing based on whether its early on or late in the tourney. But from my limited experience, its not the timing in the tournament that should influence how you play more so than your stack size relative to the stack sizes of everyone else at your table.
Players with a smaller stack size seem to play a lot tighter and when your in position with a larger stack you can play LAG and get take a lot of those tight players off their hands, because they always have more to lose than you when they make their bets.
I only play TAG when im short stacked or everyone is sitting close to the average stack level.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also I noticed that players with more chips early on tend to spew

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
You really have to factor in your opponents, the structure of the tournament etc.
I do prefer playing TAG in the early stages though

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will confess to playing my fair bit of tag in the early stages mainly because its easier and im lazy haha

N

neverendingh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first, i thought i was playing Tight/passive+aggressive. Then i noticed that i'm a freaking nit. I loosened up a bit, that's some sort of TAG+a bit passive. Working my way towards a genuine TAG, after i've accomplished that i'll improve in other aspects also. (TAG with different combinations in different situations)
It gets bad when you switch gears and you got other player that also switch gears. Then the fun part starts. :D

RCtheDabbler

RCtheDabbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play my own game (TAG) as much as i can but if i see a weakness in a opponent then i will try to adjust my game to use it against them. For example, if you find that someone is tight-passive then you can use this to your advantage by betting on flops when you dont hit as they are unlikely to call and it can win you alot of small pots which will help out alot later in the SnG or tournament.

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What style to play is up you the way you like to play ...someone like to be more tight someone is more loose. It deferentially depends on the game you are playing and what type of game it is ( MTT, SnG, Cash ). I do prefer Loose one so can get more chips from tight players as they are to scared to call bigger raises and bluffs...SO try few of them and then decide which one suits you