M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Play only strong hands in the beginning and observe the other players.When you have learned how they play,get paid with weaker hands against players that never fold and try to bluff maximum one player at once if they fold easily.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight ..... tighter...... really tight.....

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
play tight and don´t run as bad as me so u have a chance

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight, wait for hands. All in with very big hands. Looser as you go on.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone writes in this thread that you need to play tight. But in fact everything depends on the number of big blinds in the stack, on the importance of the tournament and on the speed of change of blinds. But you should play tight - yes, otherwise I will stop winning prizes in our freerolls. :);)

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
Analyze the table you are at, what the profile of each player is, and based on that decide what plays you are going to make postflop and preflop, steal blinds from the botton and make re-steals with position if you can, put a lot of pressure if you want. you put with a good stack and play thinking.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you are just learning, you need to play very carefully and play only with strong hands, watch the table and know which players are playing how and memorize the opponent's game, after which you need to play against a specific player with the information you have, have a strategy for the game and for the entire tournament

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Have a lot of patience, wait for the best moment or hand, watch your opponents

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bounty tournaments start very loose
in other tight aggressive games

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just play good solid poker. Preferably GTO, whilst adjusting to exploit your opponents tendencies and weaknesses.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Analyze the table , Know the players you are playing against and try to build your chips up with the right strategy.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that at the beginning you need to determine what kind of opponents are at the table and play as aggressively as possible in order to build up your stack and continue to play more tightly

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Observe the table, map it so you can make the best decisions throughout the tournament.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the type of game where you adapt to your opponents, because you can't play the same way against an aggressive player and a conservative player.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the tournament, it is best to play spoonfully and confidently.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
step by step ...first step and goal should be for you to get in the prizes and then you can do what do you want ...you can continue adding money to your prize or you can be wild and play more hands and more vast range of hands ..how knows , mayb e you will be lucky to build a very big stack that will help you making the final table of the tourney you play :)...good luck !!!!

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it depends a lot on whether it is a normal tournament, turbo, hyper, if it is a bounty, but in general I think you should keep in mind that it is best not to play all the hands from the beginning, try to read your opponents, play tight, be very patient

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is the best way to start tournament
Always start with something simple. Start by making sure you only play with good cards. Even if you have to fold 80% or 90% of your hands, it does not mean that you are a bad player, on the contrary, it only shows your patience. And patience in poker is a key condition :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How to play at the beginning of a tournament is really a very open-ended question. My personal advice is just play your game and not worry about how you should enter into a tournament. The one thing I will say is if the tables ultra loose and ultra crazy just look for better quality hands to play if you're at a table that's totally a tight one in there you know bunch of rocks and nits there you can start opening more and three bedding more.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with the most comments here , tight is the way to go!
In the beginning of the MTTs some players will literally donate their chips in some cases , so you need to wait for that moment. Try to see some cheap flops in position with speculative hands like small pocket pairs, suited connectors or AXs and just wait for what I said above!

You also need to know the raise first in hands in order to know what you are doing at the digital tables!

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on the moment you register and the type of tournament (normal, turbo, hyper), it is not the same to register from the beginning when the tournament has already started, but if it is from the beginning you must play calmly, do not There is a need to hurry to get chips, play tight, but if it is a hyper tournament you must basically risk from the beginning, so I think it depends on the type and moment

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is the best way to start tournament
I think we should start with "reconnaissance" :)
First, it is important to see what your opponents are and understand how they can and will behave, that is, how they will play. I think the first 20 minutes are enough for a general introduction, then you can start using the received information against your opponents. And do not forget to take notes, sometimes they are very helpful in making the right decision. Play with focus, be patient and don't take unnecessary risks :)