SLOW PLAY/FAST PLAY IN & OUT OF POSITION

J

JamesMoroski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES CBET

I cbet every single pot i open no matter what. Unless i flop the ABSOLUTE NUTS ill ck and let someone hang them selves. Ive won over a half million dollars playing online and its OK to cbet get floated and fold the turn if youre opponent wont go away and you have AIR

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cbet every single pot i open no matter what. Unless i flop the ABSOLUTE NUTS ill ck and let someone hang them selves. Ive won over a half million dollars playing online and its OK to cbet get floated and fold the turn if youre opponent wont go away and you have AIR
THANK YOU!!! I think that was one of the first posts that seemed to understand my question. Good stuff.

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful thinking there is a formula to which you will become a successful player if you just follow step 1 2 3 - poker is very situational and the only thing which will lead to consistent success is putting in tons of work so you can find out what works best for you. Each player has their own style, my style is to control the pot when out of position and to bet bigger and put maximum pressure when in position but depending on my opponents style their stack size, what stage of the tourney we are in, my stack size - how many short stacks there are - I will modify my approach. Many times I will smooth call against maniacs when I feel they are getting out of line and I have flopped a strong hand, but this might not work for you because you do risk them hitting a draw on you. Best advice I ever heard is to play every day keep a journal not only of your play and big hands but of your oppponents style of play and any other factors that changed the game's dynamic (new players sitting down, an argument or two players who seem to constantly playing aggressively vs one another, a big pot that came down previous to a hand you got involved in,etc) I would like to take credit for this advice but it came from some guy you may have heard of named Phil Ivey -lol good luck

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cbet every single pot i open no matter what. Unless i flop the ABSOLUTE NUTS ill ck and let someone hang them selves.

If you always follow such a simplistic plan, doesn`t that mean that you`re exploitable ? You are giving a free read to any opponent with a significant number of hands against you.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if you are in the position until you have played all the check is not in a hurry to make a continuation bet. wait until the next round and if you check then play bets.

T

toshiba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on what type of players you are playing against. If you are playing against aggro fish that will bet because they think you are weak, then check. If you are up against calling stations that will call you down with 2nd pair. Value town them. Fit or fold players, always bet. Nits, bet, check/call, and consider check folding the river.
Every situation is different. Also, what do you think your opponent has? Is he setmining? Probably should charge him about 3/5pot. Flush or oesd, 3/4 pot. Poker is all about situations