Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
depending on the speed, it starts off lucky i.e. a fish going all-in early on and then moves more into skill. IMO

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the structure of the tournaments, but especially at the beginning of the tournament a lot depends on luck, and towards the end it depends on skill

Ogma

Ogma

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
The bigger the blinds, the more luck plays its part as you may be forced into playing hands you wouldn't normally play.

Also, towards the end of a tournament can be like a lottery with the bigger stacks playing a wider range and bullying pots.

In all, I believe freeroll poker is 60% luck, 40% skill.

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, skill still takes the upper hand - luck also does not hurt...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In any case, if you are a good player and take the right actions, you will be more successful than players who constantly take risks and hope for luck, since luck is not constant and at some point it will end, but your skills will remain with you forever!!!

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Both skill and luck are required. In fact, these are the two most necessary components that are the basis for everything.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls usually its almost about luck because most of them vary from turbo to hyper

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
One freeroll or all of them?
If it's a long distance, then I think the ratio is 80:20 in favor of skill, if we look at the competitions individually, then of course luck plays a bigger role.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I still think there is more luck involved in freerolls, even if some players go all-in at every hand. Those players shouldn't last too long, so good players who understand the game well habve a higher chance of winning.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker around 12 years and i think that live poker is diffrent than online poker. Skills are important but luck in poker is essential. Both are fundamental for this game.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What are the thoughts on skill vs luck in online freeroll games?
Considering that in an average freeroll more than 50% of players just play bingo, it becomes obvious that luck is still more important. But if we take into account the later stages of the tournament, then in this case I think the ratio of luck and skill is about the same.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players have no choice but to hone their skills. If the skill level is the same, luck may also play a role. That's all I understand.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Skills will get you în the money and the luck wins the tournament 😜😜

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker is not entirely based on luck. Rather, luck is only a small part of the game. Intelligence, strategies and poker skills are the main factor in winning or at least reaching the paid seats.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I just don't see what the skill factor is when the effective stacks are 10BB or less.

Memorizing some charts?

Still many in this thread say that the skill part begins at later stages. Seems wrong and backward.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What are the thoughts on skill vs luck in online freeroll games?
I think our skills will be more important than our luck. Luck is also necessary, but if the player is not skilled enough, then luck alone will not allow him to achieve consistently good results in the long run.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
in freerolls it is easy to win if you have patience. the players play very loose aggressive

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confess that being lucky is fundamental in Freeroll 🤣😂, but your skill and patience will be a differentiator in beating weak players.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion freerolls, specially hyper and turbos are 80% lucky, 20% skills.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Honestly, I love this question. Free rolls can be absolutely wild and crazy with all in and jams with third and fourth pair and on all. While some people consider these games pure luck and not worth your time a skilled player will do well over the long run. Now I'm not saying that you're gonna make a lot of money in these games but you can use them to try things out and even make a few coins. I haven't played one of those games in a long time but I used to play a bunch of one ACR and to be honest I didn't do bad at all. If you could survive the 1st 3 levels the game becomes a lot more reasonable. Yes the players still are bad but what makes a better player a good player is knowing when to take a chance and when not to. Yes some guys gonna have 5X the starting stack in 5 minutes chances are he'll also be out before the tournament makes the money. The variants in these games are really huge but again a better player will be a bigger winner then these other guys if they really wanted to try to win more. Would I suggest playing three roles to make the money outside the cardschats games? Probably not but if you have the time and just wanna give it a shot one day go out there play a little tighter than normal while you're playing another tournament you might be surprised.

Freeroll Passwords