PokerSchool Open Skill League

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate this tournament. About two years ago I finished 20th and I won only a few cents after hours of hard playing. Since then I didn't play in that tournament for the simple reason of not wanting to lose time. My advice for you is not to play in this tournament anymore : it's very hard to win and even if you do you don't win to much. If anybody has another opinion I'd like to hear it.

They're tough to beat, but they're worth it if you for any reason want to stick to freerolls. It's definitely not worth playing for few cents they're offering, but if you keep good score you can get pretty nice cash at the end of the month. ALSO I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but if you get into top 400 players three times in a row you earn ticket to 5K monthly freeroll, which is really cool imo. Not saying it's easy, but it's doable.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I am having problems to join pokerschoonline tournaments - getting laggy during registration - kind of I dont know if I am the only one having these kinds problems - please tell me.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early stages of tournaments - it depends on your cards - mostly it is safer to fold 2-3 first hands and watch people and their style of play - if thei are loose and passive or tight and cunning - it will give you some heads up and when you get strong hand play as you have to get those chips and not like this:

have AA on hand I am after BB and SB and dont raise all in - just do some min raise - those who have nothing mostly folds if someone reraise you and other calls than you can go all in and watch their reaction.

During these session I apply this method: Watch and learn their moves and than adapt and kick them out...

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I am having problems to join pokerschoonline tournaments - getting laggy during registration - kind of I dont know if I am the only one having these kinds problems - please tell me.

Have had the same issue happen to me like 5 times last month, GLA this month

S

SinkieCon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tight like most people do and yes the payouts do come a lot faster than you think. Since they've added the get top 400 into The Big Bang people tend to play tighter at the payouts so try and steal the blinds as much as you can.

Sakal1990

Sakal1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play only good hand : AA, AK, AQ, AJ, A10 or same suited connector 98, 78, 34... but if somebody go all in i fold

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Play super tight AA Kk only in the beggining and just against only one player , if it s multiway pot dont call !

- when you will be in positive points, be agressive to get into the 6.25% of the field and get more points.

It s not so hard to get 2200 points and to be in the premier league, so Good Luck

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm gonna get into these when I get a decent B.R back up, Yet to all those CCer's in these, I hope you all do great, and TID and when the top 3 spots

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who plays on PokerStars in the open league, tell me how to survive in the game in the early stages of the tournament?
I have qualified a couple of times for premier skill league through open league and my qualifying rate is 3/3. The thing is simple, just slow play and fold everything, i mean EVERY SINGLE HAND in first 30 minutes of the tournament (a half of registered players should be kicked out until than). That would be a tip to avoid donks and what's more important a huge minus points. GL!

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have played these "donk" roll tourneys since I joined pokerstars and the format doesn't change. As has been said you just play these super-tight, although I wouldn't suggest folding every hand perhaps play AA or KK in late position.

I think these freerolls are a terrible way to learn the game. I would suggest passing the quizes/ courses on PS and once you have done that you will get PSO member ticket which entitles you to play the "Premier Skill League Qualifier" tourneys for $1.10 and these are a far better way to improve your knowledge and learn the game.

Gl all

leosam18

leosam18

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
who plays on PokerStars in the open league, tell me how to survive in the game in the early stages of the tournament?

be very tight just play the premium hands (patience is the key)

S

sashwerter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get doubble or tripple stack play very tight

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play the third month the challenge is that no one plays correctly due to the lack of risk to lose had to reach up to 23-30 seats

Steve2777

Steve2777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be lucky and play good hands on the start and u see a good flop for u raise all in

xopowin

xopowin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
till now ill dont understand most goal of this tournament :(

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just shove with any two big cards and if you are in late position and not much action in front of you shove with any pair or suited connectors the key is to accumilate as many chips as early as you can

K

kozikpro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is tournament for ppl who have tons of time , or ppl who doesnt have money
smtimes i play it for fun only

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goal is always to make TOP 400. I think that if a person does so three times, they get to join 'The Big Bang', but ONLY if they are registered on PokerSchoolOnline.com The Big Bang is a $5,000 tournament exclusively for PokerSchoolOnline.com members. I believe that this tournament usually consists of about 600-1000 runners. There are more ways to qualify which are found here: https://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/The-Big-Bang

To get top 400, I taking maximum time for every decision (but I recommend keeping time bank for late in the tourney). I play tight, but I'm willing to play aggressive, but 80% of this aggression is played when I have a great hand. The other 20% is usually when I'm late position, and it's folded to me (or 1 caller). I recommend only doing this when the opposing player or the 2 opposing players in the current hand have a shorter stack then you. I only do it to gain chips, which is usually when I need the chips (short stack). If you have enough chips to get TOP 400, I recommend not doing this. At this stack, take time for every turn, and folded practically every hand.

Hope this works, and have a great day!

torllyalex

torllyalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the beginning play only very strong hands with all in and the rest if the blind is small :p ,pay big bets with strong hands

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first 20 min

Dont play first 25 - 30 minutes at all . There is almost no hand with atleast 3 or 4 all in preflop players. unbelive but true. After 25-30 minutes you still have 1100 chips and 60% players are out. Just take you time thats it . G:hello:eek:od luck.

R

r0manlegi0nn

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow all this great tips really help new player like me so i m gonna try as u guys said wish me luck

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight or not at all in the first 15-20 minutes, then almost all the donks will be gone. Then go with ABC poker. I think you wont loose any points once there's less then 4k ppl left.

Works for me!

xaxawa

xaxawa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight
play only with premium hand - raise or 3bet.
if you no hand - fold
After 10BB - push with premium hand