Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big stack: fold
Medium stack: fold
Small stack: shove
Early position: fold
Late position: raise

I don't like playing small pairs when I think it's going to cost too much of my stack, unless I've been card-dead for long enough that it's becoming a concern. In which case, if you open up after mucking hands for a while, it'll probably make the table fold. If you're small stack, you're probably shoving most of your hands anyway to just pick up blinds. If you're big-stack and your M is above 15, don't waste your time, just watch the underlings fight each other to the death.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in the money and you have 5 BB or less, I think you shove, hope one person calls and the pair holds up and you can get a quick double up. Remember, you're in early position, which means you are getting ready to post the blinds very soon, and you might not get a better opportunity to play a hand. I'd hate to fold it with a short stack, and then lose my BB and SB to pre-flop raises. Now I'm down to about 3 BBs and pretty much desperate. If you've got between 5-15 BBs, you probably want to fold that. When I am down to that size of a stack, I'm pretty much holding out for a monster hand (QQ+ or AK or AQ) and shoving. If you've got a good size stack, you're one of the chip leaders and you can afford to lose 2-3 BBs, I might give it a little bump and see what happens. Hopefully with that big of a stack, you should have a somewhat strong image at the table, and folks who are playing it tight might be afraid to raise you for fear that you will come back with an all-in.

If the bubble has not yet been broken, and you really need to finish in the money, then that's an easy fold.