The Official KC Strategy

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice thread KC. Good little read to brush up on my MTT game.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can't beleive I didnt see this first time around, nice thread KC!
(and nice bumping, people!)

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never read it til now.

great thread KC

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks KC, I just saw it for the first time.

Y

Youngerhov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a great foundation KC. But, sometimes we must abandon who we are to play to the table.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very nice stratagy im gunna take so points out of this and redifine my stratagy as i was missing something with my game but as u say this works im gunna give this a go it looks like a very good stratagy :):)

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol I think I might actually repost in here some new things that I am doing. Although I think it would be better to just make a new thread. It's funny how these old ones pop up again.

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome post mate... i have read similar strategy somewhere else too, but the advanced strategy u mentioned about c-bet was completely new for me...
Thank you very much...

S

shoshaku

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you!

Well for a while, before I started playing like this, I would play SC in position, and like you said they would have potential, but ever since I dropped playing them since they can be a little more advanced to play CORRECTLY, I started doing better and going deeper, since I don't really know the full way to play and there actual potential. Now when i get down to the 10-20 before the bubble and so on, SC's are gonna be played. The funny thing is I will eventually play them early on, but would rather wait untill I am at higher stakes/buyin, and another funny thing is that 10 9 suited( a suited connector obv) has the best percentage PF to beat AA more than any other hand........

doesn't 5 6 suited have the best percentage against aces?

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
doesn't 5 6 suited have the best percentage against aces?

I think so. I remember switch correcting me on this though before and I can't seem to remember, i think it is 56 due to the straight posiibilities bothe ways plus flush draw, trips, and two pair possibilities

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice strategy guide KC!
I do have a couple questions:
Do you still follow this strategy for the most part?
Looking back from when you wrote it and now, is there anything you would change or place more emphasis on?
Do you have advice for how to play when running card dead? Any particular hands you would open up to during this time that you normally wouldn't play? Like maybe that 9 10 su in lp?

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a goofy game at poker stars yesterday for 10 cents, it allowed 50cent re-buys but I never needed one, I did pay for the add on chips for 50 cents. 10k people maybe?

My plan was to try the KC strategy word for word as in the OP.

I played VERY few hands and was OK with not getting paid very much the 2-3 hands an hour that came up ( I may have mis-read how to play pairs but didn’t see many and I think I self corrected about ½ way through.

I was 100 away from the bubble when I purposely (stupidly) didn’t follow the 6% limit, got in to a betting war, raise –re-raise etc. until I was all in with pocket Queens. Of course the bad guy had Kings and I was out! Frazza razza freakin frips!

After three hours of disciplined play using the KC strategy I was just a little under average stack while being basically card dead, so I am definitely trying the KC again.

Any ideas why we (I) can’t just play by the book when our head tells us “ooo ooo yer gonna beat this guy, he ain’t got it!”?

PJ

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe I'm doing something wrong:

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 29 hands and saw flop:
- 0 out of 3 times while in big blind (0%)
- 0 out of 4 times while in small blind (0%)
- 0 out of 22 times in other positions (0%)
- a total of 0 out of 29 (0%)
Pots won at showdown - 0 of 0 (0%)

Trying to follow the rules in a 90 man $2.20 sitngo at PS

the only PP i was dealt was sixes and another guy bet 12X so i had to fold pre flop.

Be patient right :) ?

Last edited:
Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, second break:
During current Hold'em session you were dealt 60 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 7 times while in big blind (42%)
- 0 out of 8 times while in small blind (0%)
- 2 out of 45 times in other positions (4%)
- a total of 5 out of 60 (8%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 2 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

played in 5 of 60 hands!?!

I am in last place. The one showdown I had that I lost was AK vs A6 and of course the turkey got a six, but since I hadn't bet above the 6% (by much) I didn't lose much.

I am really hoping this is just a normal dead card run, and that I'll get my share of decent hold cards later when it is more important, and lucrative.:eek:

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, played by the book and finally had to go all in (360 chips) to keep from getting blinded out BEFORE the ITM + 20 point.

One thing that seems strange is that after developing a tight image u never take advantage of it!?!

If this is as a result of a bad run of cards I'd like to know, or some basic misunderstanding of the KC strategy.

Please help:(

Final stats:
During current Hold'em session you were dealt 78 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 9 times while in big blind (55%)
- 1 out of 10 times while in small blind (10%)
- 3 out of 59 times in other positions (5%)
- a total of 9 out of 78 (11%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 4 (25%)
Pots won without showdown - 3

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is pretty clear I misunderstod the KC strategy. By using a combination of KC and Snowmobiler's strategy (in this forum) I was able to do well in a 9 man game:

128 hands played and saw flop:
- 11 times out of 28 while in small blind (39%)
- 14 times out of 31 while in big blind (45%)
- 10 times out of 69 in other positions (14%)
- a total of 35 times out of 128 (27%)

Pots won at showdown - 6 out of 10 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 34

I ended up winning without ever getting great cards, just played tight early, loosened up a bit in the middle and REALLY watched how my oponents play (in particular SNow suggests to watch for timid players and take advantage of them).

Check out Snow's strategy post for some more important ideas... I didn't realize that never having played single table tourneys I had no idea how to play at a final table. So, I am going to play ten 9 person single table tourneys over the next few days/weeks and get some experience.

Thanks KC and Snow, I'm a learnin' :D

mdafka

mdafka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good reads. lots of solid advice
thanx for posting your strategy data
Its always nice to read how others approach poker
Its insightful and helpfull in general
best of luck on and off the felts
M

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Panama I'm gona take some time and look over my old strat then at your posts and reply later when I have time, I think I cleared somethings up in the pm I sent :) so I'll reply later!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I think I might actually repost in here some new things that I am doing. Although I think it would be better to just make a new thread. It's funny how these old ones pop up again.
lol sorry I bumped this a bit ago in another thread but thought it was worthy:)

Panamajoe

Panamajoe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Panama I'm gona take some time and look over my old strat then at your posts and reply later when I have time, I think I cleared somethings up in the pm I sent :) so I'll reply later!

Your PM was quite helpful, confirmed my thoughts about taking advantage of the image so well created early in the game. THANKS!

C

clavio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming you have about an average stack, what do you do if someone raises behind you and you have say TT/JJ? Are you pretty much always reraising?

pokerpro08

pokerpro08

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience has always been a big part of my game plan

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wtf? how do these old threads get bumped lol, an by jesus of all people!

pokerpro08

pokerpro08

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bless you my child and may your pocket As always hold