Late registration in tournaments

BLACKSTACK

BLACKSTACK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like getting in late, The las time I did it was only because it was a $3 1k starting chips and a 20k addon, I retardedly joined 1 minute before late reg ends thinking I coild just stall for the break and addon to start, Sadly adons did not start until after 30 minutes of late reg ending and got blinded all in once the break ended.lmao

Tropwen

Tropwen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally hate late registration that lasts like 12 rounds I can see like a 30min late reg for people who are late but I couldn't believe the stampede of people that swarm in at the last min but once I did slip in for .25c and turned a $7 profit but I can say I won't be doing them very often

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So alot seem want to register late but won't alot of the bad players have been knocked out and the easier chips have already been won? So you hope to rely on luck by hoping to double up with a shortstack?
I like to try to read the other players on my table and work on looking for ones to play pots with. I like to know if the player on my right has been stealing blinds alot so I can have a better idea if my resteal will be successful. I like to know if that limper calls my bets with bottom pair or won't fold her small pocket pair even on a scarey-looking board.
I like to have a chance to play a bit of poker for my buyin investment. I enjoy playing the game. I don't like to register late for tournaments.

snklzona

snklzona

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO registering as early as possible is the best strategy...have time to make reads blinds are lower and can open up your range a little and be in good spot ( hopefully) as the late registers come with a little more urgency to chip up and catch a few trying to push lite...but it is nice to have 10 or 15 min cushion if your late or lose track of time in another tourney...

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate playing the,because of all the late registers..Clowns come in late and shove with anything.It sorta pi**es a player off.Altho they are usually a donk fest from the start.
If I do play,I would play bigger more serious money,to weed out the crackpots.
I prefer guarantees,with no late reg,or bounty tourneys.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This has been very enlightening. I personally don't like to join a tourney any later than the second level. However, I see a lot of players joining within the last five minutes of late registration. I often see them join the tourney, go all-in and get eliminated within one orbit of the button. I never understood it. I don't want to be insulting to anyone, but it sounds as if people are saying they are afraid to play from begining of a tourney because they'll have to play hands and risk losing chips. Or that they don't have the patience to play solid poker for the duration of a tournament. I've always wondered. Now I know.

T

texasoldtimer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I would watch a tourney starting at the end of late registration on bovada. 5 people joined at the deadline. 4 were seated at same table so I am watching that table right now. They entered with 3000 chips with bb already at 500. After 15 minutes only one guy is left. But he is the chip leader. I will update later.

T

texasoldtimer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is 5th now with 19 left. Pays 18 places.

T

texasoldtimer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can really see the wide range of hands these late entrants have to play with in order to double up and not get blinded out. I know you all know this but it is cheap entertainment for me right now.

arjun7890

arjun7890

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pros:
1) You'll mostly get double ups on best cards due to increasing blinds.
2) There'll be Re-buys period in progress, where alot of people are on a tilt mode.
Cons:
1) You may sometimes have to face the big stack bulleys, who would force you to allin/fold on your draws.
2) It becomes risky for you because when you register late, there's a very less time left before the re-buy period ends. So you have to play safe because you won't be having second chances.

N

nedmarian90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate late registration that lasts like 12 rounds.

I

ibsiegel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try and register on time or within in 10mins of the start. I find it easier to get ahead. Now i just need to figure out how to stay ahead. LOL

T

texasoldtimer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He finished 6th. He was the only one of the 5 that made the money. He was a good player. Avoided the big stacks very well.

S

samuraihuang

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it really depends on the structure. On Bovada, it seems worth it to late register because entry and rebuy is usually 1500 chips each, but turbo tournaments you get an addon for the same price for 5000 chips.