Large stack late in MTT

LuckyBundy13

LuckyBundy13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think OP has played or seen enough hands to understand what we're trying to preach. I have to agree w/ some and say that your best bet is to not even play if you scared. NO LIMIT = NO FEAR
try limit poker maybe?

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the sarcasm...its not helpful...I called with AK and got wiied out for 2 bucks..placing 14th.first was $57....And I would have made final table for sure if I satout so I don't know what you guys r talking about. Based on other stacks I'm sure I woulda made it.

The point was made though that it's better to bubble more tourneys for the chance at the big cash.

If you sit out and get blinded out early on into the money then you will only make your buy in plus some change.. Is that worth wasting the 3-10 hours of good decisions and poker to just sit out and basically give up..

Push through, keep making your reads, put your chips in the right spots and hope for the big cash..

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with above comments,you cant woose out in late stages of a tournament,especially if you have chips to play with.
You will be surprised how fast them chips go when you are sittin gout and the blinds get big.You cannot be afraid of similar size stacks,or you will be pushed around like crazy by them,
Understand that in these big mtt at one point or another throughout the tournament you are gonna have to race someone,there is not one tournament I can remember where I didnt have to dodge at least one bullet to end my tournament ,and if you give me hips in the late stages of a tournament you better believe im playing them,and keeping an eye out for players like you that are scared to use theres,and picking up blinds like crazy.
Not being mean just being honest. loosen up....

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't fold the ace king, you have to win a few flips in order to take the trophy.