Is it bad to register early in tournaments with late registration?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe this is my personal shortcoming, but I register for tournaments only before they start :)
I can check in during late check-in only if I have an expiring ticket. I don't see any, absolutely no benefit to late registration.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When the tournaments are slow I think it is better to wait a while, but when the tournaments are fast I think it is much better from the beginning, although sometimes I don't pay much attention to that and I just register from the beginning because I feel a little more comfortable like this

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How profitable or unprofitable it is to register at the beginning of a tournament depends on the structure of the tournaments (the rate at which the blinds grow) and the player’s playing style!!!

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I consider late registration not the best option, at least for me. I don't like to register for tournaments after they start, on the contrary, I almost always register early.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I don't think so as it gives you the best chance to build up your stack. You are more likely to be dealt some premium hands during this time, so you have more chances to get ahead. Also, you afford can play way more hands when blinds are still low.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think registering early is not a good strategy because game is kinda slow and almost every one plays too tight.
Each player can choose for himself those tournaments that he likes more. For example, I don't like tournaments with late registration, so I rarely play them. You can find for yourself tournaments without late registration, but quite fast and dynamic. The choice is simply huge now and you can always find something suitable for yourself.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a matter of preference. Beginners should join from the beginning. As you gain confidence, you may want to register late.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it depends on the strategy, there are regulars who only register like that

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I Dont think that matter în anyway, i think îs al în our head... Do you make your decision în the game based on how you register?!... 😄