How to play AK?

A

Ausername

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of variables to consider. Position, pot size and your stack. If you're on the bubble and want to place I would play them passive.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
How do you play AK in the later stages of a tournament? Is it a calling hand or a shoving hand? How important is position?

Position is very important, but in late stage is a raising hand.

In early / mid stages I generally raise 3-4x and leave myself enough chips to fold on the flop / turn should there be significant action.

On the bubble though I never quite know what to do, unless I'm shorty - which is shove.

on the bubble, play tight and carefully, 'cause you want to go to money, right...
then after bubble play more aggresively with AK and steal blinds

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK always seems very scary to me.It doesnt seem to win that much,so i dont like to go broke with that hand.But if its late in tourney an d u are getting a bit SS, then i woild def push all in with it then, too.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on your stack. thats what it all comes down to when you ask yourself how you are going to play it. also what matters is the stack of who you are going to be playing against and what stage of the tourney your in.position is also key. taking all these factors into mind,you must put the pieces of the puzzle together and do what u see fit.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
position,stack size,opponents stack size.these are the things u must have in mind. and also which stage of the tourney your in.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely depends on what stage of the tournament your in, stack size..etc..
Short stacked play with AK is simple. Get it in.