How late do you join in MTT's already in progess?

LCDaBoss

LCDaBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never join late, I like to see cheap flops and build a stack early.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll join late if I can't make the starting time. The latest I'd join really depends on the tournament though like if it has add ons or if it is deepstacked etc.

M

murrdog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i have at least 30 bb at the current structure ill jump into.

Gorak

Gorak

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is rebuy I'll join late no problem. I'll insta rebuy and go allin until I at least double my stack. Then I have chips to play with.

BTW Stars has a sick tourney 1$ gives you 3000 chips and the addon is 1$ for 30,000 chips. There is 90 min late reg. I tried a couple of time late regging at the last minute. Then stall as much as I can until the addon (like 5 to 6 min). I cashed once but I don't know if it is +EV in the long run.

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in a $2 MTT the other night that started off with 150 people and ended with almost 600. I made it to the money and noticed the player numbers and there were a lot of people with nice stacks that had joined late. I would say it was a even mix of 1/3 each early registers, a little late registers and then last minute registers when got down to 40 ppl left. I did note the last minute guys played like lunatics and many went out fast.

That is the one nice thing I guess about only having player #'s and not names you can tell when someone registered lol.