Total posts
Awards
Chips
against bad players I play loose
and aggressive against good
players I play tight and I do
draw with a check or a small
raise

I usually try to do traps for bad players and usually they catches.It is more difficult with good players and they of course can do trap for you,it i easier to tell about it when you can watch the situation.

I think both of you have this backwards. Though we haven't described their weaknesses; most bad players are some version of loose passive.

Against loose passive bad players you should generally bet for value and play very straightforwardly. No need to "be aggressive" unless you've hit a hand. You certainly don't want to "trap" vs loose passive players who will call when you bet and check when you check.

Facing "good" players just playing tight won't be anywhere near enough to get ahead. They will be aware you are tight and they'll only put money in the pot when they can beat your perceived (top pair) Hand. You'll need to mix it up vs good players because they are paying attention.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I totally agree with missjacki. She has described some good ideas that you use to practice your poker skills. Although I believe that you may be relatively new to poker in general so I would suggest you learn to play ABC poker at first, by this I mean things like how hand strength varies according to position etc. Good luck in your endeavours, but has been said there are many types of "bad player" and many types of "good player". If you first establish yourself as a "good" learner player you will be able to pick things up from experience and this will help you in the future.

Please remember poker is a marathon not a sprint !! gl all :D :D :D

B

bizzsky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always figure good players get deep, bad dont lol

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i always figure good players get deep, bad dont lol

I would agree with you but sometimes things don't happen as you expect!! It only takes someone to run good with about 5 /6 hands on the trot and then they are chip leader..............:) :) :) Anything can happen from there :confused: :confused: :confused:

alaz3r

alaz3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play your game ,all player the same...I have my feeling ,second do not interest me :D

bracadelija

bracadelija

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play your game ,all player the same...I have my feeling ,second do not interest me :D

You're a good player but interested and want to help others know :)