Do you feel like a loser leaving on a bubble ?

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

it depends on how I dropped out, if I made a mistake I get angry, but if I played the hand correctly I don't take it in I keep going

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd rather fold the best hand AK or a pair, but I'll live to see the first prize places, and if not, then I'm out of luck

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess depends on the situation, yesterday I made a bad call and lost at the bubble so yes kinda felt like a loser. But for the most part, just feel disappointed.

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if it was a massive tournament that I satellite into and the min cash was something significant... yeah I'd probably be pretty pissed. I mostly play small buy-in MTTs so min-cashing is meh anyway.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes. It's not a pleasant feeling. Even when you know you did everything right.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends if I played a good hand and how much money I have. If you are running out of money and want to go further in the tourney you may want to take the chance. Your opponent may fold a good hand to not risk it as well. If I am running out of money and get AA, and lose to a J7, I do not feel like a loser. I am just simply angry.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, every time with the exception of going all-in with AA and just taking a bad beat. I always feel that I could've done something different to keep myself alive long enough to sneak my way into the money.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigjay wants to know

No I never feel like a loser exceptially during bubble. Do what you can and let the cards lay ......

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think I'm a loser, defeat often occurs because we have to take risks to increase our chips. I myself have lost several times with AA, KK and AK. But I know it was necessary to risk a big pot.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

I'm angry if I drop out after I make a mistake, but if a standard situation drops out anywhere, I don't pay much attention to it

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
It depends if I played a good hand and how much money I have. If you are running out of money and want to go further in the tourney you may want to take the chance. Your opponent may fold a good hand to not risk it as well. If I am running out of money and get AA, and lose to a J7, I do not feel like a loser. I am just simply angry.
J7 half an hour ago close to KO me 2 place from money. I don't understand why SB called at the moment when it was bubble my raise and he saw that I was playing from the beginning with a strong hand. In doing so only I could jeopardize his 60bb with my 57bb. On the 7AJ flop, I bet 3/4 he raises, I call, turn check / call. and the river gives him a flush. Luckily I was left with 3bb on the last bet so I got into the money.Iknow i made a mistake but it was hard to fold. Good thing he didn't go all in on the river

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think you should ever consider yourself a loser when you are busted out of a Tournament, in any place, bubble or not. If you have played your best game and beaten other players getting deep into a game it is something you should always feel pride in.
You might get it all-in with the best hand, and he hits a 4 card Straight or Flush with a rubbish hand, it happens!
Only last night a player with only 2.5 BBs left, shoved with an A/K hand and being on the BB, I called with a 6/7 off as it was only 1.5 extra to call, and having around 24 BBs left it wouldn't do me that much damage if I lost, I hit 2 pair on the flop and took him out.
He lost with the best hand pre-flop, but luck was on my side, and he was unfortunate, but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a loser, far from it, he played well to get as far as he did, but sometimes luck has other players to consider.
Feeling like a loser, at any time, leaves you with self doubt! and if you doubt your playing ability, you should stop immediately if it costs you money, Play responsibly, with money you can afford to lose, and feel comfortable with losing, and you are never going to call yourself a loser! Unlucky Yes! Loser Never!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better to lose in the bubble than play chicken and not have any chance of winning first.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes indeed. I have worked on ICM aspect of tournaments, and bubble less often than before.

It hurts more, when you have a good hand and run into Aces. especially when someone else is way shorter than us.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going on the bubble is always very unpleasant, I've been on the bubble of a satellite, where I called and got involved in a hand with AA against A2 by the crazy villain, it was my worst experience being the bubble, it was terrible. But that shouldn't hurt, the bubble is a crucial moment, it's where you'll play to get some change, often just the buy in you've already paid, or play to get the real money, that is, the first three positions. You should always take this time to collect as many chips as possible from players who are just playing for itm, even though you are dealt the worst hands.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not really. Was I looking for the smallest prize? definetly not. Someone's gotto be it, and sometimes its going to be you. Just play your A game , and always take the right decision so when you go back to analyse your game , you feel you've made the right call regardless of outcome

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I'm not feel...:rolleyes: Because this is only game :cool:, and in any game is possible the all:joyman:,
as and in the our Life!..:deal: It's my Philosophy... And Good Luck Everyone! ;):smile::)

K

Karamba212112

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anger does not help

Of course, when you get out of the bubble it's annoying, but if your actions were right but fate didn't smile then there is no reason to get angry:D

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, this is probably the most annoying thing in poker, even worse than bat beats and failures with a good game.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to fell very bad by lefting a tournament in the bubble.
Nowadays I tend to value my efforts and be glad that I played well enough to ge very close of the money. It sure is frustrating, but once I focus on improving your gameplay, more times I reach the bubble, and more times I get past it, in the way for the 1st place.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I don't think anyone feels comfortable going out on the bubble and sometimes it can get too stressful when you know you made a bad move coming up on the bubble. When these things happen you have to analyze what mistakes were made to correct them and if you were in a good position and they took you out with premium cards then you don't have to stress because you played to win the tournament but luck betrayed you

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, it depends on the situation, I got pair AA or Pair of KK in the bubble and I go with everything and they connect me with a trio 777 or any other... I don't think I'm playing badly or I have to let it go because I'm in the bubble... I think that there is a possibility of doubling chips you have to go... if you lose bad luck :Dhehehehe

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't feel like a loser when I'm out on the bubble, even if I make a mistake. You learn from mistakes. Poker is a game of numbers with a bit of luck, very often there are bubble coolers, you just need to take such crashes as an experience of playing in different situations.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all! You must always aim for FT. That way bubble means nothin to you.