BUBBLE PLAY with low stack

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever heard of Dan Harringtons M rule?

Just try to steal the blinds whenever you can, if your M is 9 - 20 or above 20 you can play tighter. With a small stack you don't have that luxury. M is a value of how many orbits you can survive w/o playing a single hand.

Say that you have a stack of 20k and the blinds are 250/500 with an ante of 75, that would be 250+500+75*9 = 1425

so your M would be around 14 (20000/1425) wich places you in a pretty safe zone, altough you need to start planning opportunities to fetch some chips, win some small pots etc since the goal is to remain over 20 at all times.
However in Turbos and hyper turbos this is hard to maintain because the blinds and antes just rushes way to fast.

The rule in general is the lower your M, the more aggresive you have to be.
This is working pretty well for me, but it might not be perfect.
Hope this helps

A

avner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for medium-high hand and go all-in pre-flop and hope for good

P

poblaocity1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i loss in the bubbe with AA vs 23 hards fops coming 222 turn 3 river Q i pokerstars amazing bad beat freflop i think pokerstars its the most bad beating ever

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speed

Realy depends of structure of tournaments. If tournament is fast and smaller buy in , then you have all the time all in preflop players, so stealing the blinds is almost imposible. Maybe is better to try to collect chips for final table , and get some bigger cash .:top:

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
just reshove to any similar or midium stacks with any suited conncetors or pairs or A or K high.. they ll fold most of the time to your reshoves and if they do call then it ll be coin flip..