Bubble Busts

N

Nooneinparticular

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you sattied in then its perfectly fine to nit through for a min cash, but its clearly sub optimal

Yes, but it is the rare exception to the rule, so dont think that doing it is actually correct!!!

Of course, the problem with a good table is that the players who really know their stuff will know things like bubble factor etc as well, so you have to choose who to do it against. Yesterday I found myself against someone before who folded his first 6 SB's when folded to him. Priceless. You can assume he didn't win......

B

baby kahuna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont disagree what duggs espouses. In fact I support it as a concept. But am trying to give oop an alternative way to think about the bubble.
Being "correct" is not all that much to me. What was correct in Johnny Moss' time maybe incorrect today. How Hellmuth views a situation may be diametrically opposed to Dwans. Things evolve.
Besides jumping for joy when we get premiums in this situation we should take all facts into consideration. Stack sizes, how many behind, skill levels, mental state, etc.

C

ChipTowerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my bubble bust curse came back to me yesterday & day before..kept finishing one spot away from cashout in every tourney i was playing lol its been sick, but today i've been making up for it i guess... its just when u bubble out so often it gets to u mentally a little bit.

$ChipTowerz$

Bonghead

Bonghead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have bubbled out of the last 5 tourneys i played its driving me CRAZY:eek:
i know to just go ahead and fold and place in the money but when i have premium hands i CANT lay those down . in a Bovada tourney earlier i had JJ someone all ins with 10,10,.. and the flop comes 10,10 i was like dammmmmmmmmmmmmmn . if i havent bubbled out the last spot before pay off thn ive been placing within the last few spots (3-5) of payout its been crazy, the last 2 days . guess all i can do is keep my head up and keep playing :( , i hope you've been having better results then i have last 2days with tourneys, because its terrible being bubbled out.

:smokin:

$ChipTowerz$

You may be in a downswing.. I hit that while ago and could not get a win. I won 3 out of 188 coin flips checking hand history, bubbled on 9 straight sng's and 4 tourneys. Had to take a week off to get my mentality fixed... Those bubbles can really mess up the way you think and play in near future games.

C

ChipTowerz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@bonghead yes they can mess up up, n its best to take a week or so off like u did to get mind str8.

$ChipTowerz$