Are Big Hands Required to Win Big in MTTs?

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 4k guarantee at 930est is my favorite tournament to play in. i try to make almost every week night. I have placed up to 2nd and this and top 10 a few times. I dont think you have to win massive hands to place high. Ive been literally last 3 in chips since 80 or so people and came in second. it seems that the people with all the chips end up doubling everyone up anyways.

They double people up because they loosen there range because they have a lot of chips. And the low stacks have a tight range because its do or die.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
big hands always expected to win big pots... if not small hands to win big pots...very low chance to hit a monster.

so the safe way is using big hands to win big pots. even the small ball applied, you still use small hands to win lots of small pots, but your big hands will get paid by big pots.

LOL

Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What was the starting stack? Ante's start first hand? How could it last 5 hours?

Starting Stack was 5k and antes at level one.

Level 1: 1/2 blinds and 10 antes
Level 2: 2/4 blinds and 20 antes
Level 3: 3/6 blinds and 30 antes
etc...
etc...
Level 25: 25/50 blinds and 250 antes (this is the level I just wanted out with a min cash lol)

Antes = 5x BB

D

DStump

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
speaking of the 4k guarantee at 930....anyone playing tonight? player 117

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad to see the thread still has life. Lots of good discussion...thanks Sean for the reference to the "Ante Up" tournament....never played one like that and it sounds like fun.

Also just checked in on Dstump and brought him a dose of bad luck...sorry.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands