AQs vs AJo

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of player think's that AJ of suited is nuts, but I think it's a big mistake, AQ or AK is a nuts, but AJ it's not

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, if he has been re-stealing then you should call, as he will suspect you are button raising light.

I am also not familiar with the "steps" pay structure other than what you posted.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's Fold, they are 5 player it looks on the bubble (4steps) so I'm not sure if AQ is the best hand preflop. If your opponent plays loose I might call

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's because of ICM that I'm inclined to fold.

We have good chips now, and will continue to have a nice stack if we fold. If we are a good player, we can finder better spots. And ICM strategies always favors the shover not the caller.

In fact, if you were planning to call his shove anyways, probably better to just shove yourself. For me, In this spot I'd probably just make my standard raise then fold to his shove , unless I had reason to believe I crush his range...
If you're raise/folding vs. a 10bb shove with AQs in this spot.. then why not open-fold? (you might as well be holding 94o if we're planning on r/f pre)

W

Weisssound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can solidly put the player on AQ or worse than its an instant call. Tough to do but realistically your equity will be %50-%80 most of the time. It's only not when you are dominated. If he's a re-stealer I'd expect him to try to get more value out of me with hands like AA/KK/QQ. My only worry here would be AK given the player information.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you made a good call if we consider how high were the blinds.
he could be easily just trying to 3 bet light with any marginal, or speculative hand because he sense same weakness in your bet ( only 2.5BB) and also by raising in the button the range of hands you could have are a lot, so he wasnt thinking you would such a great hand as AQ. so calling is the right option in this spot.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy call there.hard to find a more winning situation than 65%.also you were commited.snap call..