Advice for playing the 100K

BvBrMTW

BvBrMTW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm dead, been card dead pretty much all game then tossed it on bullshit...
God damn I'm pissed at myself.

First couple orbits were good, hit some nice hands, and then nothing!

one spot I had was when 44 hit a set while I was in big blind. I didn't get much action, might have over bet.
caught 44 again in 5th pos but didn't play because 2 raisers in head, it hit a set and would have paid me if I actually was in the hand!

With blinds creeping up I decided to try some maniac move with KQ...
I mean, I haven't played a hand in like an hour I and I get called down with a pair of sixes. BAH! I'm dumb, oh well maybe there will be other chances.
Just cant beleive he called with that...

Oh well, anyone got advice for when that happens in the future? Being card dead...

2 words: Blind stealing

BlackMoth5

BlackMoth5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the same style you've been playing. I've noticed that I tend to play to tight and underbet in tourneys where the buy in is higher and it's cost me. So learn from my mistakes and play aggressive and within your style!

pokerbot123

pokerbot123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you won the ticket then you know how to play. Don't let your nervous feelings get in the way to you willing the big one. GL

TheKid84

TheKid84

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too have always been eying this bad boy in hopes to join in on the fun one day...

What's anyone's best way of winning a ticket into it?? I know they offer a large guarantee seat tourny the morning of Sunday, is that the best way to win a seat? Any other tournys I'm not familiar with before I start doin some research?? :D

O

OniGamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too have always been eying this bad boy in hopes to join in on the fun one day...

What's anyone's best way of winning a ticket into it?? I know they offer a large guarantee seat tourny the morning of Sunday, is that the best way to win a seat? Any other tournys I'm not familiar with before I start doin some research?? :D

there's an 18$ satellite that happens every day. That's the one I won.

pokerbot123

pokerbot123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't bother spending money, play the Lock poker freeroll every Friday and Saturday. Top 50 get a ticket.

C

cloverlines

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jump in right before late reg ends. Push all your good hands til you got a stack and play to win with no fear.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Best way w/o a doubt is the CC buyin every other Monday when there's a seat added to the prizepool.
Next best (imo) is that satty you referred to that used to be held on Sat. but has been moved to Sunday a couple hours before the $100k starts ($18 buyin, 50seats gtd.)

Another satty is the $100k SemiFinal, a $35 buyin that typically has 6 or 7 entrants, where 1st gets a seat & 2nd wins a bit of cash (~$50)
Jump in right before late reg ends. Push all your good hands til you got a stack and play to win with no fear.
Why would we ever want to do this in a tournament that always has a large number of really bad players in it? By joining late, we'd be missing out on alot of oppurtunities to chip up vs. very soft opponents.

K

kensealock

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is to identify the donkeys early and get their chips because once it gets deep, the player pool is much better, so pain the donks early and chip up!

A

addysaw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
first hour play solid, first hour tends to have the players that want to get a big stack or bust