Will Boxing Ever Come Back

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will boxing ever come back like it use to be back in the day when fighers like Iron Mike Tyson were ruling the rings? I is a fascinating and interesting sport when one studies the history of various boxers like Jack Dempsey and many others.
mange1234

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the main competition to boxing is MMA which is more exciting to most people. Boxing suffers from so many fake championship belts and fighters. It used to be that there were championship for 8 and later 9 weight classes. Then came the advent of junior, light , and super divisions of weight classes plus the explosion of sanctioning bodies. When someone claims to be a world champion the question is recognized by whom? The boxing commission of Dildo Island canada? good question, that I cannot answer.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
He was a fan of Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Eder Jofre. Mike Tyson, among others, I hope he returns at a high level

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the 90s, Mike Tyson and Oscar De La Hoya could provide millions of views, today there is a decline in the part of sold broadcasts, because there are no such bright names, in order for boxing to return, which was under Tyson, new "Tysons" are needed

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No mare manny pacman and floyd

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Will boxing ever come back like it use to be back in the day when fighers like Iron Mike Tyson were ruling the rings? I is a fascinating and interesting sport when one studies the history of various boxers like Jack Dempsey and many others.
mange1234
I respect those who like it, but I never particularly liked boxing, I think it's too violent and I don't think it's a sport.
I've seen several articles in the media about boxing fighters who had health problems after they retired.
A good example is the former Brazilian boxer, José Adilson Rodrigues dos Santos, Maguila, who suffers from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, all because of taking so many blows to the head.
So for me this is not sport.:cautious:

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be nice, I enjoyed boxing back in the day. Bouts were exciting, and I would look forward to some for weeks. But for some reason it has gone downhill and Im not sure why?

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When a big draw for boxing is guys like KSI and Jake Paul I don’t see much hope for the future of boxing

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
never, boxing now is for retired mma fighters and "celebrities"

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect those who like it, but I never particularly liked boxing, I think it's too violent and I don't think it's a sport.
I've seen several articles in the media about boxing fighters who had health problems after they retired.
A good example is the former Brazilian boxer, José Adilson Rodrigues dos Santos, Maguila, who suffers from Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, all because of taking so many blows to the head.
So for me this is not sport.:cautious:
I don't like boxing either but in my opinion it can be considered a sport. Another sports can be violent. Some former rugby players have health issues or they died at a young age because of the repetitive impacts they had in games and practice. Some former football players have health issues because they hit the ball with their heads way too many times (in Scotland they try to limit this issue and they want to prevent professional football players to hit the ball with the head one day before a game and one day after a game)

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like boxing either but in my opinion it can be considered a sport. Another sports can be violent. Some former rugby players have health issues or they died at a young age because of the repetitive impacts they had in games and practice. Some former football players have health issues because they hit the ball with their heads way too many times (in Scotland they try to limit this issue and they want to prevent professional football players to hit the ball with the head one day before a game and one day after a game)
I respect your opinion, but why does it have to be this violent, that's why I don't consider it a sport.
Of course, in other sports that have physical contact and an accident can happen, such as football, but in this case it would be a fatality and the referee immediately stops the game and generally the player is unable to play.
But in the case of boxing, many times the boxer's face is already smashed and the judge lets it continue, he only stops the fight if the fighter faints or dies in the ring.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The Klitschko twins have been able to assert themselves in the ring for a long time in recent years. They weren't exactly known for "action-show" fights, but for numerous KO's and wins.

The way they boxed wasn't really spectacular, but it spoke for the efficiency to look out your opponent, to dominate with the left leading hand and to send him to the ground with a few right straights. At least one of them was undefeated in the ring for many years and showed boxing in all its gamut from quick KO's by seconds in the first round to 12 round wins on points.

Tyson fights were more powerful! I didn't see many, I was still relatively young at one time and the fights were scheduled at times when no broadcaster in germany showed them.

However, I can still remember a Tyson fight very well (...or actually not!). This ran at 04:00 in the morning German time and the alarm clock was set to 03:55! Especially on a Saturday you say to yourself: ":sleep:...oohhh, 5 minutes to go..." 04:01 on the TV - and the fight was over!

It lasted 27sec. and Tyson knocked down his opponent. I didn't see it though!

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mange1234
The question is why ? Boxing has become less spectacular than the UFC.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I respect your opinion, but why does it have to be this violent, that's why I don't consider it a sport.
Of course, in other sports that have physical contact and an accident can happen, such as football, but in this case it would be a fatality and the referee immediately stops the game and generally the player is unable to play.
But in the case of boxing, many times the boxer's face is already smashed and the judge lets it continue, he only stops the fight if the fighter faints or dies in the ring.
sometimes people want violence. There are people that will tell you that hunting is a sport. And hunting is violent, not against humans but it remains violent. And the animals don't have the option of not participating in this "sport" but the boxers have this option. Most of them participate for pleasure, don't ask me why but some people just love to fight, box, kickboxing, street fight, no matter what but just to fight

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, boxing needs one or two showmen who provide consistently good visual boxing :unsure:...

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sometimes people want violence. There are people that will tell you that hunting is a sport. And hunting is violent, not against humans but it remains violent. And the animals don't have the option of not participating in this "sport" but the boxers have this option. Most of them participate for pleasure, don't ask me why but some people just love to fight, box, kickboxing, street fight, no matter what but just to fight
It's because of all that you mentioned, that the world is so violent, people often think they have the right to go out on the street, fight and often take the life of another person, for trivial things or because they are influenced by the that comes on television.
I think it's absurd for someone to take the life of an animal that can't defend itself, and still call it a sport.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
How do you like candidates like Gennady Golovkin, known as GGG and Saul Alvarez, are very strong boxers and both famous strikers fought against each other

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's because of all that you mentioned, that the world is so violent, people often think they have the right to go out on the street, fight and often take the life of another person, for trivial things or because they are influenced by the that comes on television.
I think it's absurd for someone to take the life of an animal that can't defend itself, and still call it a sport.
I'm on the same page as you are but sadly other people consider all this things to be a sport

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the main competition in boxing is MMA, which is more exciting for most people. Boxing suffers from so many championship belts and fake fighters. Before, there were championships for 8 and then 9 weight classes. Then came the advent of the junior, light and super divisions of the weight classes, in addition to the explosion of sanctioning bodies. When someone claims to be a world champion, the question is who recognizes them? The Dildos Island Canada boxing commission? good question, which I can't answer.

Without a doubt you're very right, MMA is what is dominating right now and boxing is in the background.

S

stepashka321

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard Jake Paul is good boxer, many videos with him in youtube, he wins his titul opponents so easy sometimes.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Boxing promoters finally understood they need to make boxing exciting for the younger generarion, so bringing MMA fighters to fight boxing is an excelent idea

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm waiting for December 23, when our champion Oleksandr Usyk will show the upstart Tyson Fury the strength of the Ukrainian Cossack!!! GLORY TO UKRAINE!!!

slysilvosilvo

slysilvosilvo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
SK
Chips
Its all about MMA nowadays... What people ask for because they like it, that is what they get ... business