john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Bucks have very tall good defenders, their problem was lack of offense and low efficiency and low scoring in clutch. Yannis tald he's ready to become a 2nd option this season, he's a modest good man. Healthy Lakers and Phoenix might make WCF, but I doubt old Lebron James and fragile Anthony Davis will remain healthy. Also KD is getting injured often, and I don't believe in Beal. Booker can't solo carry the team to the WCF. However I like how they traded Ayton. Nurkic is a great smart center without huge ambitions and they got few more bench players.
We'll see about that, my friend. The Bucks are primarily a defense problem. There's nothing wrong with the offense. Yannis didn't say that Dame would be 1-st option in Milwaukee, only that I quote him saying, "There is no rivalry between us in any way as to who will possess the ball more often. He's going to possess the ball more often. I trust him, and I trust him to pass to me." So we're talking about the team's primary ballhandler. Well Jokic isn't the team's primary ballhandler either, but we know who Denver's primary 1-st option is.
Davis' fragility, yes, I agree. That's why Pelinka signed Wood and Hayes for food. :LOL: I can tell you from the preseason that they are not the weakest players and could very well substitute Davis, if necessary, without hurting the Lakers' results.
But we'll see. The NBA is the main sporting event of every year for me, so I'm glad you and the rest of the guys can express their point of view. ;)

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bro, I don't have time to watch the whole tournament. But if Boston Celtics don't win this one, I'm going to give up my life...

Two years in a row suffering...

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too early to tell simply because there's a lot of good teams that continue to improve their line-up. Have been a Golden State fan (of the warriors & not the city lined up by drug addicts) & hope they make the playoffs. I will predict tho that Denver will not be back2back champs.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Too early to tell simply because there's a lot of good teams that continue to improve their line-up. Have been a Golden State fan (of the warriors & not the city lined up by drug addicts) & hope they make the playoffs. I will predict tho that Denver will not be back2back champs.
As long as Steph and Clay are playing, then Golden State is a contender. Yes, Clay isn't the gun after his injury, but he's a great shooter anyway. By the way, Kuminga is very good in the preseason. Plus the Warriors have added CP3... so will be interesting to watch them in the new season. :cool:

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Caught a GSW v SAS preseason game & Wemby (7'4" 19 yo SAS rookie drafted #1 overall ) looked impressive. Somebody to look-out for. Let's see how he does for the season which opens Oct 24.

Opening night games:
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets
- Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors

Jokic

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Caught a GSW v SAS preseason game & Wemby (7'4" 19 yo SAS rookie drafted #1 overall ) looked impressive. Somebody to look-out for. Let's see how he does for the season which opens Oct 24.

Opening night games:
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets
- Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors

View attachment 345469
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the NBA starting. Already preparing to give daily NBA predictions in the neighboring thread "Betting tips & Predictions". I'll have my first prediction on Monday. So keep an eye out. I don't know which game I'm going to play yet. Most likely it will be a prediction for Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors, as I'm a Lakers fan, so I can't objectively evaluate their chances. ;):geek:

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My prediction is the Celtics. But I am only cheering for Golden State because I am a big Chris Paul fan. I want him to win a championship before he retires.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My prediction is the Celtics. But I am only cheering for Golden State because I am a big Chris Paul fan. I want him to win a championship before he retires.
I was a fan of the Golden State Warriors even before Chris Paul joined the team. And after that, I'm rooting for this team even more, and I also want old man Paul to take his first championship, he deserves it)

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was a fan of the Golden State Warriors even before Chris Paul joined the team. And after that, I'm rooting for this team even more, and I also want old man Paul to take his first championship, he deserves it)
Yes he really does. Him being on the floor with guys who can drain 3's like Steph and Klay will really elevate how good of a passer he is. His Assists numbers are high everywhere he plays. But I think if he stays health all season he will easily be a top 3 player in assists this season.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will definitely watch the opening match.
I will be curious to see how the Lakers play, because the Nuggets' starting 5 didn't weaken, but the Lakers kept the additional people as well. and Reaves might be even better this year than he was last year, and Lebron still looks like he's 20 years old.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi. Could u pls link that thread?
Offcourse! Here you are: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/sports-60/betting-tips-predictions-364253

But I have the days wrong and thought the NBA starts on Monday. Actually, the NBA starts on Tuesday. Therefore, the NBA predictions series will also start tomorrow. Besides my predictions, there are a lot of cool and other predictions from other CardsChat players on different kinds of sports. In those thread we do our best to beat the bookies! :cool:;)

Last edited:
john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will be curious to see how the Lakers play, because the Nuggets' starting 5 didn't weaken, but the Lakers kept the additional people as well. and Reaves might be even better this year than he was last year, and Lebron still looks like he's 20 years old.
Yep, I already signed up for my NBA Pass subscription for this season today. So I'm also looking forward to the start of the season. Well I started rooting for the Lakers when Jordan Clarkson was drafted and when Kobe came back from his achilles injury. I liked the Lakers as they were the obvious underdogs at that time. So no one could tell me I was rooting for the champs. And now the 12th season is about to begin. I will not give my predictions for Lakers games (only if there are no other alternative games or I will realize that the Lakers' chances are very high). :)

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This year it will be very difficult to compete in the NBA, there are a lot of teams at an excellent level.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Denver completely dominated the entire match over the team from Los Angeles, only LeBron James, who is playing his twenty-first season, was able to impose any competition, Anthony Davis was almost invisible, especially in the second part of the match. The expected victory of last season's champions, congratulations

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Denver completely dominated the entire match over the team from Los Angeles, only LeBron James, who is playing his twenty-first season, was able to impose any competition, Anthony Davis was almost invisible, especially in the second part of the match. The expected victory of last season's champions, congratulations
Denver picks up where they left off last season.
I hope they reach the finals and Jokic finally gets the MVP title again, which was not given to him after his incredible season last year.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jokic future triple double all time leader. He will likely be in 1st by a very wide margin too.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe the teams with the greatest chances are the Denver Nuggets and Milwaukee Bucks.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Bucks surprisingly lost at home and based on his statistics (6 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists in 29 minutes), Lillard's place in the team still needs to be found.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The Bucks surprisingly lost at home and based on his statistics (6 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists in 29 minutes), Lillard's place in the team still needs to be found.
Against Dame started double-teaming early in the game. And why not a double-teaming when you have in the starting lineup a half-alive Jae Crowder and Malik Beasley, who failed last season? The result is a lot of turnovers and a lot of Hawks` fastbreaks. Then the Hawks bench destroyed the Bucks bench. Milwaukee doesn't even have a good bench. With normal role players, only Connaghton (although I still consider him a starter lineup level player) and Portis. The rest are either first-years/second-years rookies or veterans (like Robin Lopez and Crowder) or absolute basts (Tannasis, Cam Payne).

And the second half of the game was already essentially formal. Trae Young put up a three-pointer almost from the logo. As a ballhandler, he played a masterpiece game. 11 assists to 3 turnovers. I'm not a big Trae fan, but he was cooking! :cool: