ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
The author's post touched on two topics at the same time, fishing and hunting, since beavers are animals living on the water. I love fishing and hunting very much, the last hunt was in Belarus. Successful wild boar hunt

Attachments

• i-57.jpg
    i-57.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 11
Putin545

Putin545

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm more of a poacher, I live in the Kharkiv region, hunting and fishing are prohibited due to the war. I dream of buying a Chinese thermal imager, there is no sponsor

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never been hunting and I don't fish, I'm allergic to fish

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't like fishing and hunting. In my opinion, fishing is a complete waste of time. Hunting is interesting, but killing animals unnecessarily is stupid.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Can fishing and hunting be considered a sport? Share your thoughts please...

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Can fishing and hunting be considered a sport? Share your thoughts please...
Absolutely 100%!!
I have been producing an outdoors TV show now for 10 years now and without a doubt hunting is a sport. You totally need to know your opponent (or game) and you need to study them properly. The skill involved in making a lethal quick killing shot also takes a certain skill and studying of the particular game you are after..... and let's not forget about the physical shape you need to be in for some hunts. ANY mountain hunt can test the best of the fittest (I can no longer do hard mountain hunts due to age and physical limits.Once an animal is down you now need the skills to skin, gut, butcher and use all the meat. Now let's talk about game retrieval. Pulling the trigger is the EASY part you need to get that animal from the spot it is home...... YES in my mind hunting is a sport, although it is not a conventional sport where you are playing for points (or chips) against another team. It is more like a game of golf where you are trying to beat your own best.

GREAT question. Thanks for posting!!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a hunter, but Elk chili is one of my favorites. I used to fish for fish now I just go to the store.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Absolutely 100%!!
I have been producing an outdoors TV show now for 10 years now and without a doubt hunting is a sport. You totally need to know your opponent (or game) and you need to study them properly. The skill involved in making a lethal quick killing shot also takes a certain skill and studying of the particular game you are after..... and let's not forget about the physical shape you need to be in for some hunts. ANY mountain hunt can test the best of the fittest (I can no longer do hard mountain hunts due to age and physical limits.Once an animal is down you now need the skills to skin, gut, butcher and use all the meat. Now let's talk about game retrieval. Pulling the trigger is the EASY part you need to get that animal from the spot it is home...... YES in my mind hunting is a sport, although it is not a conventional sport where you are playing for points (or poker chips) against another team. It is more like a game of golf where you are trying to beat your own best.

GREAT question. Thanks for posting!!

I am fond of fishing, but I don't consider it a sport. I completely agree that fishing and hunting requires certain skills and physical shape. Moreover, it can be a competition. But you can also organize a competition in eating a plate of soup faster from your opponent for example. In my opinion sport is a physical exertion of the body. And it is not often related to the game or the competition. Even the checkers, chess or poker cannot be classified as a sport. These are just a competition and nothing more.

Thank you for your opinion! I appreciate it!

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can fishing and hunting be considered a sport?
I've practiced a lot of sport fishing with artificial baits, in catch and release mode, but today I don't fish anymore.
Killing an animal for your consumption and that of your family, I think it's even acceptable, because this comes from caveman.
Now to say that hunting is a sport, killing a defenseless animal for mere pleasure, just to show the trophy to friends or hang it on a wall, we cannot call it a sport.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Today I went to the river, found two beaver dens
I love fishing. Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to go fishing often, but at least once or twice a month, my friends and I go to our favorite places. For me, fishing is a wonderful recreation and an interesting pastime.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've practiced a lot of sport fishing with artificial baits, in catch and release mode, but today I don't fish anymore.
Killing an animal for your consumption and that of your family, I think it's even acceptable, because this comes from caveman.
Now to say that hunting is a sport, killing a defenseless animal for mere pleasure, just to show the trophy to friends or hang it on a wall, we cannot call it a sport.

Thank you for your opinion! Agree with you!

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Fishing is my favourite sport/pastime. I'm lucky to live on the coast, in the south-west Pacific Ocean. The photo is of my favourite local fishing spot, on the west coast of new zealand's North Island.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Above all, hunting and fishing is important to regulate the population!

A hunter has to ensure that the natural balance of the forest is preserved in harmony with the game population.

In addition, smaller bodies of water, such as lakes, have to be fished out in order to counteract an excessively large fish population, since bodies of water cannot cope with such a population and "overturn". Without , mostly local fishermen and tenants (angling shelters), many lakes would be more like swamps.

Last but not least: ... to all hunters " Waldmann´s Heil" - ... to all fishermen " Petri Heil (geil) "

V

vitormh

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
i really enjoy sport fishing, here in brazil we have Tambacu a really big and strong fish, we caught and release, and they go up to 40kgs

Putin545

Putin545

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to raise the issue of fishing again. I'm looking for it right now. This country is rich in water bodies and fishing in national industries.