Official PokerTracker Support Thread

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is prompting to update/re-download for the latest patch which states is for a partypoker import fix. What is this for as I don't get it as PT4 has not supported Partypoker for a long time?

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think there will be a significant discount to upgrade when PT5 comes out if you have already purchased PT4? More sites have stopped the use of PT such as Partypoker, GG Poker, unibet Poker amongst others which impacts its usability. It is not actually clear from the software which sites let you use it as many of the sites that do not allow access are still listed in the setup configuration.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Official PT4 Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is prompting to update/re-download for the latest patch which states is for a Partypoker import fix. What is this for as I don't get it as PT4 has not supported Partypoker for a long time?
partypoker.com no longer provides downloadable hand history files as you play so a HUD will not work there but you can download hands from the partypoker client afterwards and import them into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk' to review/track your data:

https://help.partypoker.com/en/poker-help/game-rules/faq/hand-history

Some region specific party skins with their own player pool still also provide hand history files as you play and on those sites a HUD would still be supported:

PartyPoker Configuration Guide
Do you think there will be a significant discount to upgrade when PT5 comes out if you have already purchased PT4?
While a PokerTracker 5 is planned there is no release date and no decisions have been made yet with regards to upgrade discounts.
More sites have stopped the use of PT such as Partypoker, GG Poker, Unibet Poker amongst others which impacts its usability. It is not actually clear from the software which sites let you use it as many of the sites that do not allow access are still listed in the setup configuration.
GGPoker also do not permit the use of a HUD therefore are no auto-import settings for it in PokerTracker 4 but hands downloaded from GGPoker can be manually imported into PokerTracker 4 using 'Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'. The main Unibet client does not permit tracking of any kind although Unibet.fr is on the iPoker Network which is still supported.

- Rob

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have absolutely no idea what this is about

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hide won tab

I'm using PT4 to study hand reading but I feel biased knowing if won or not.

Is there a possibility for me to hide all the won tabs?

Much obliged.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm using PT4 to study hand reading but I feel biased knowing if won or not.

Is there a possibility for me to hide all the won tabs?

You can edit what statistics are displayed in built-in reports by right-clicking on the report and selecting 'Configure Report':
Guide: Configuring Reports

or you can create your own custom report:

Guide: Creating My Reports

It's not possible to hide the winner in the top left in the hand replayer but that could be covered with a HUD panel.

- Rob

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm probably going a bit crazy with setting up color ranges in my HUD, but I decided to color-code the "Hands Played" statistic with a standard red-orange-yellow-green, and I want the green color to be applied for players who have more than 100 hands played...

...so my question is, how do we set color range when the "MAX" is "infinity"? Do we just stick a large number like 1000000 into the MAX box, is that the solution people use? Or is there an actual key-in for the value representing "infinity" or "no upper limit"?

I've tried leaving MAX blank, but PT4 then inserts a default value of zero and the color range doesn't work correctly if I do that. Putting an enormous value like 1 million works, and quite honestly I doubt I'll ever see 1 million hands against any particular player. LOL But I wish there was a color range checkbox to indicate "no upper bound" because this is quite often the case with stat color ranges, at least how I like to do them.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm probably going a bit crazy with setting up color ranges in my HUD, but I decided to color-code the "Hands Played" statistic with a standard red-orange-yellow-green, and I want the green color to be applied for players who have more than 100 hands played...

...so my question is, how do we set color range when the "MAX" is "infinity"? Do we just stick a large number like 1000000 into the MAX box, is that the solution people use? Or is there an actual key-in for the value representing "infinity" or "no upper limit"?

I've tried leaving MAX blank, but PT4 then inserts a default value of zero and the color range doesn't work correctly if I do that. Putting an enormous value like 1 million works, and quite honestly I doubt I'll ever see 1 million hands against any particular player. LOL But I wish there was a color range checkbox to indicate "no upper bound" because this is quite often the case with stat color ranges, at least how I like to do them.

For statistics that are not percentage based like 'Hands' you will need to enter an upper boundary of some value.

Pokertracker free trial 1 month what include?

The free trial of PokerTracker 4 is 14 days and that is mostly the same as a licensed version except for the limitations listed here.

- Rob

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For statistics that are not percentage based like 'Hands' you will need to enter an upper boundary of some value.
- Rob

Thanks Rob, when I used HEM a decade ago, they actually have a value "inf" to indicate infinity or "no upper bound" so that's why I asked.

And I forgot that HEM merged with PT4 a few years ago, makes me wonder if I missed out on an upgrade discount since I have an older HEM license? I guess at this point it doesn't matter since I've already made my purchase, but it might help someone else out.

Gosh it sure is great to have a hand history database again, what a difference it makes for analyzing and trying to improve our game. Never felt a big need for a HUD but that sure is nice to have too.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Results not showing in Overview

Just noticed have an issue with results not updating in the overview, have tried changing filters and it only shows up when I put on the buyin amt.

Capture

Capture2

So strange am hoping there is a quick fix for this T.I.A.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just noticed have an issue with results not updating in the overview, have tried changing filters and it only shows up when I put on the buyin amt.

There is a known issue with the overview information when an alias has a linked player with zero data. Removing the relevant player(s) from the alias should fix it in the meantime and you can open a Support Ticket quoting reference #6606 to be automatically notified of any fix for this issue. If that doesn't appear to be your issue please report that to us via our support system:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

- Rob

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. I recently started using poker tracker, and I find it quite useful.

However I faced one problem. I downloaded a file for the hud, which was shared by one of russian poker streamers (maybe some of you know him, his nickname is Lorem)
But after testing, I realised that I dont really need that kind of complicated stats, since I'm not even gonna be able to use most of them.
But it turned out that the file also messed up some default settings, so I cannot compose my own hud now, some stat types are completely missing.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with an advise

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unistall completely and then reinstall and see if that sorts it is what would do.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. I recently started using poker tracker, and I find it quite useful.

However I faced one problem. I downloaded a file for the hud, which was shared by one of russian poker streamers (maybe some of you know him, his nickname is Lorem)
But after testing, I realised that I dont really need that kind of complicated stats, since I'm not even gonna be able to use most of them.
But it turned out that the file also messed up some default settings, so I cannot compose my own hud now, some stat types are completely missing.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with an advise

Importing a HUD Profile doesn't prevent you from customising your own HUD Profile or remove other statistics. Can you please provide us with more information about what's going on here in a Support Ticket along with steps to reproduce, your log file and a zip file containing the file you downloaded:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem

Unistall completely and then reinstall and see if that sorts it is what would do.

Please do not uninstall anything.

- Rob

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Howdy. I am thinking of using tracking software again.

I play Stars and Black Chip Poker. I am thinking of getting an account at 888. Are all of these supported?

If I get low stakes and want to upgrade, is my low stakes credited towards an upgrade? If I only get the hold em tracker and eventually want to add Omaha, is the hold em credited towards an upgrade?

My computer is kinda old. I can run the sites no problem, and I did run a tracker on this maybe 6 years ago. But I don't know how resource heavy the new programs are. I do have a Mac, but don't know if there are issues to play my sites, and using software. If I play on my Mac at first, when I upgrade my PC can I switch back to my PC or is an installation "married" to the actual computer?

Thanks in advance.

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play Stars and Black Chip Poker. I am thinking of getting an account at 888. Are all of these supported?

Yes they are supported (Black Chip Poker is a member of the Winning Poker Network):

PokerStars Configuration Guide

Winning Poker Network Configuration Guide (WPN)

888 Configuration Guide

If I get low stakes and want to upgrade, is my low stakes credited towards an upgrade? If I only get the hold em tracker and eventually want to add Omaha, is the hold em credited towards an upgrade?

If you want to upgrade or add-on later that can be done via the upgrades page.

Upgrading PokerTracker 4

My computer is kinda old. I can run the sites no problem, and I did run a tracker on this maybe 6 years ago. But I don't know how resource heavy the new programs are. I do have a Mac, but don't know if there are issues to play my sites, and using software. If I play on my Mac at first, when I upgrade my PC can I switch back to my PC or is an installation "married" to the actual computer?

That is not a problem. You can use PokerTracker 4 on up to two computers that you own and operate at any one time but if you uninstall from one computer you can install on another. The PokerTracker license always grants use on two different machines and you always get to pick which two, even if it's not the same two you started with.

- Rob

F

FrancisB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Confirm PT4 works on M1 MBP running Monterey?

Hi,

New player, and trying to get PT4 installed on a 2020 M1 MBP running Monterey.

I can install the mac version (latest release 4.16.2) but it doesn't run. I go thru the initial setup, configure Americas Cardroom, and the menu bar pops up, but the window for the App doesn't, and I need to FORCE QUIT the app.

Can anyone confirm PT 4 is working on the M1's running Monterey?

TIA
Francis

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday Poker

Well I got to play some poker today. Some of it was good, and some of it was eh. Played in 8 tournaments with a total of $1 in fees... ended up cashing in 4/8 for around $40... All this from a zero beginning balance to start. Did take home 1st place in the stud hi/lo. Fun times.

JW

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New player, and trying to get PT4 installed on a 2020 M1 MBP running Monterey.

I can install the mac version (latest release 4.16.2) but it doesn't run. I go thru the initial setup, configure Americas Cardroom, and the menu bar pops up, but the window for the app doesn't, and I need to FORCE QUIT the app.

Can anyone confirm PT 4 is working on the M1's running Monterey?

Unfortunately Monterey OS is breaking PostgreSQL for many Mac users. Since PostgreSQL is the program PokerTracker 4 stores poker data in then if it's not running then neither can PokerTracker 4. If you open a Support Ticket one of our technicians can assist you further.

- Rob

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hello ,

The last couple of weeks I have this notifications popping on my screen. I did the Database housekeeping but this window is still popping.
Screenshot 1

I play on a win10 laptop with an i5 5200U and 8gb DDR3 1600 ram. Is this a hardware problem or something else?? I can still run the PT4.

Any thoughts?
Thank you very much. :)

PokerTracker

PokerTracker

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last couple of weeks I have this notifications popping on my screen. I did the Database housekeeping but this window is still popping.

If the housekeeping didn't fix things then something is preventing that from completing successfully (such as laptop going to sleep) or your database is corrupted/damaged or possibly there is some other issue. Please enable logging in PokerTracker 4 and when you see this message create a support bundle and attach that to a Support Ticket so we can see what's going on here and advise you accordingly:

Guide: How to Create & Submit a PokerTracker 4 Support Bundle

- Rob

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I follow the instructions below, but I keep getting the message. Can you help please?
397b896d6edc348f16bcd87b0fe4c956.png

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I follow the instructions below, but I keep getting the message. Can you help please?
397b896d6edc348f16bcd87b0fe4c956.png

I opened a support ticket because I had the same exact problem.. this is the answer I received by the support today. Try it if you want:

''Hi -

You should try to rebuild the database cache:

1. Stop any running imports or wait for them to complete then close all poker software including PokerTracker4.

2. Start PokerTracker4, click "Database -> Database Management", click the database line then "Rebuild Cache -> Full Cache Rebuild". This could go fast for relatively small databases and take longer for large ones.

If that completes with no errors or warnings try PokerTracker4 again and confirm it's working ok.

Mike''

Hope it helps.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide