Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I always noticed that my sharkscope graph is much below my real bankroll.
I understand that there are some factors that are not reflected in the graph, such as rakeback, replay poker winnings, social media tickets used, and any Cashback promo.
But between the highest point of the graph, and my current bankroll, it should be just $100 of difference, while the graph shows like $500 less in my current bankroll.
Graph
Does this happen to you?

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The problem is, once you've figured out the Sharkscope reporting parameters for pokerstars, you will have finally interpreted your Sharkscope results for PokerStars ONLY. Other sites still won't make sense, and you'll have to figure out the parameters for each new site.

I play similar games and have similar results for all sites tracked by Sharkscope. No two sets of results look at all similar. On some, I'm pure profit (since I usually play freerolls, and they "count"), on others, I'm a loser (despite never having deposited and having a decent balance). I figure that freerolls don't count for some sites. Also, some sites (like ACR) give me a huge loss if I win a big ticket and don't cash, others (like partypoker) show huge profit for having won the ticket in the first place.

Maybe with a subscription, you can sort out this confusing mess, maybe not. I ignore the balance on Sharkscope for every site.

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its as easy as some games are not tracked.

Some forum games and some freerolls are not tracked.

The majority of games on supported sites are tracked, so the more games you play the more informative your sharkscope results should be(unless you are playing mostly untracked games).

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would also really like to understand! LOL

I deposited 20 dollars once about 2 years ago, then I didn't put any more money out of 'my pocket'.
Just one or two deposits made with your own poker winnings.

I believe it may have something to do with tickets won through promotions on both social media and satellites. It seems to me that they are not counted as 'winnings', but when we play with these tickets they normally count as a buy-in.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would also really like to understand! LOL
It makes us look awful 😅
My graph now it shows that I'm +$450, while I'm less than $200 apart of my highest BR ever.
But the difference is actually worst, because I wasn't considering my first era in poker, when I had something like $600 and I withdraw it all.
So I think that in 6K games shows a difference of around -$1900.

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I jussssst opted in to Sharkscope yesterday, and yeah, there's something wrong there.
Problem is, I can't view my specific tournament history to make sure all my key entries are present.

On Poker Pro Labs, for example, I found hundreds of examples of MTT results which are simply missing, as well as a really messed up way of counting phase tournament results: they use end-of-day chip counts as final cashes. So, in a $11 phase satellite last year, I finished the day with ~180,000 chips, up from a starting stack of 10,000...and then won the $215 ticket on day 2. But they count my finish on day one as a cash of over $2,000!
It happens in all phase tournaments, and really messes up the overall results.

Countering that, they also completely failed to list some of my biggest cashes.

The shape of my profit graph on Sharkscope looks more-or-less accurate, but the total profit is wrong, and the math on the ROI is wrong as well.

Takeaway = track your own results!

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Here's what SharkScope shows me as a line chart (uncertain accuracy):
Sharkscope graph

And here's my own Excel-based tracker as a candlestick chart (flawless accuracy):

My graph

The shape comparison checks out, but SharkScope is showing CAD results.
But my graph shows USD results, and they're perfectly accurate.
I've already withdrawn over $5,800 USD from this sample, so it's impossible for my overall profit to be as low as the ~$6,400 CAD shown on SharkScope. However, the USD figure is indeed right around that level.

Conclusion = SharkScope is displaying USD results as being CAD results, without converting the currency.

Can't ANY of these sites get it right?! 🤬🤦‍♂️

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Its the reason I don't use it anymore ..
I should have an Roi over 50% at AcR .
But it never counted 1k bounty and 2nd place in the freeroll.
Since ACR is the only Site where I never ever deposited ... But sure sharkscope give me a negative ROI lol

So in my books im still ROI 75% 🤣
Withdrew in total 1.5K and gambled away 500 xD
Yeah.

According to my SharkScope on PS, I'm down by like 500 but actually I'm up by about +500. 🤣

Which is a huge difference.

I tried to identify some differences but never manage to explain it in full detail.

Last edited:
Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its the reason I don't use it anymore ..
I should have an Roi over 50% at AcR .
But it never counted 1k bounty and 2nd place in the freeroll.
Since ACR is the only Site where I never ever deposited ... But sure sharkscope give me a negative ROI lol

So in my books im still ROI 75% 🤣
Withdrew in total 1.5K and gambled away 500 xD
Thats interesting because technically those streamer freerolls were not even real freerolls. They were 2.20 rebuy tournaments and ACR would pay for the first 2.20 so u had a "freeroll".

So those were private 2.20 rebuy tournaments and my guess is that sc does simply not track private tournaments.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Thats interesting because technically those streamer freerolls were not even real freerolls. They were 2.20 rebuy tournaments and ACR would pay for the first 2.20 so u had a "freeroll".

So those were private 2.20 rebuy tournaments and my guess is that sc does simply not track private tournaments.
I find all of them at ACR history..but not sharkscope. I suppose sharkscope is only really useful If you pay for premium access

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find all of them at ACR history..but not sharkscope. I suppose sharkscope is only really useful If you pay for premium access
Yes u will find them in the gaming history of the ACR software. I once read here a few weeks ago that sc does not even track any freeroll results at all. And since u said u lost 500, thats probably where that negative roi was coming from

Yes i guess they are only really usefull with premium access (but really idk). My tiny experience with them is that whenever i searched myself or some screens of people i know or knew, the results would come out kind of inaccurate.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management