luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Do you think online poker stars has fallen after almost completely removing free rolls from their poker room?
you can play pokerstars every day even if you don't have a single cent
is full of all kinds of tournaments, of course if you want you can buy re-by and add-on 0.11 cents
I have won valuable tournaments several times without paying anything that way!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Traffic on PokerStars peaked in 2010 and has gradually fallen ever since, only interrupted by a short boom in 2020-2021 caused by COVID-19 lockdowns. So it has nothing to do with their decision to change their reward program from freerolls with cash prices to for instance daily PowerPath chests. It might as well be, that this has led to higher volume, but any effect is to small to be isolated from the general trend.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Traffic on PokerStars peaked in 2010 and has gradually fallen ever since, only interrupted by a short boom in 2020-2021 caused by COVID-19 lockdowns. So it has nothing to do with their decision to change their reward program from freerolls with cash prices to for instance daily PowerPath chests. It might as well be, that this has led to higher volume, but any effect is to small to be isolated from the general trend.
pokerstars has been around for a long time and a winning player doesn't care about freerolls, but they won't help a losing player either

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars has been around for a long time and a winning player doesn't care about freerolls, but they won't help a losing player either
Exactly. People need to move on. Its been 3 month, since PokerStars cancelled the CC freerolls, and yet we still see thread like this, where people moan about it. As written in other threads about the subject, their cummunication with Debi was questionable. But at the end of day, its up to each site, which games it want to host. And if we are unhappy with the games offered by a particular site, we are free to not play there. Moaning and complaining in a poker forum wont change anything :)

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you can play pokerstars every day even if you don't have a single cent
is full of all kinds of tournaments, of course if you want you can buy re-by and add-on 0.11 cents
I have won valuable tournaments several times without paying anything that way!
Hyper turbo feels so impossible to me XD
How you do it? LOL
God bless

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It was the best freeroll in cardschat absolutely,i miss the pokerstars freerolls too :(
XD
That 300$ on saturday it was just awesome,i made 2nd and 1st place that i remember
Happy saturdays these ones XD
God bless

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if someone likes poker so much, then you can already make a deposit
And its not like, there is any lack of games on PokerStars, which are similar to the discontinued CC freerolls, except that its not free to enter them. There are 18-45 man On Demand SnGs for $0,25, $0,5 and $1. And there are MTTs for $0,55 and $1,1. So there is still lots of cheap entertainment to be found. And its not that difficult to be a winning player in these games either, so that you can build up a bankroll and eventually play for a bit more than a $100 pricepool :)

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are statistics, you can find them if you are interested in reliable information.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think online poker stars has fallen after almost completely removing free rolls from their poker room?
PokerStars was in decline even before ours and other freerolls ended. This site has been in decline for the past several years, and each year the depth of decline only increases. I think in 3-5 years, PokerStars will simply be sold, management will change, and maybe when other managers will manage this site, only then there is hope for positive changes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars was in decline even before ours and other freerolls ended. This site has been in decline for the past several years, and each year the depth of decline only increases. I think in 3-5 years, PokerStars will simply be sold, management will change, and maybe when other managers will manage this site, only then there is hope for positive changes.
Is there actually even any examples of sites, that have seen their volume peak, begin to decline, but then turn around and go up again? During the 6-7 years, where I have followed numbers on PokerScout, sites have either seen a steady decline interrupted by the COVID-19 induced boom or a steady increase. I hope, old but declining sites like PokerStars, 888 Poker, partypoker and ACR poker can turn things around, because its always good for players to have more options. But if not I guess, we will all have to move to newer sites eventually :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, without a doubt, PokerStars has lost its leadership and is declining. All this is the result of ill-conceived management and constant systematic wrong decisions. And canceling freerolls is just one of those solutions. I think the consequences for PokerStars will be serious, even more they are already obvious.

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If PokerStars fell, it wasn't because it left the tournaments free. In fact, at some point they had to. What's the point of having players who never make a deposit and just want to withdraw money without risking anything and then withdraw it from their account and so on top of that you hear from a lot of people even here in cc who are angry because they released the free tournaments. They are no longer newbies, invest your money and risk, nothing is free

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Dropped in the direction of cash freerolls, still have the freerolls worth tickets and the micros starting at $0.11

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im not there raised the rake & no CC freerolls bye

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You know pokerstars and betfair are part from the same business? money it's not a problem for the plataform

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly, the poker room has lost its appeal.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The Black Friday domain seizures destroyed a lot of sites. FullTilt was acquired by PokerStars, Absolute and UltimateBet vanished. When it came back, PokerStars could only have benefited although it was already the biggest site in the world.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that for poker rooms today I don't know how healthy it is to offer high-end freerolls.
It happens that there are players who spend their time playing freerolls forever and I at least think that we should get away from them a little.
It's perfect that there are sites like ours Cardschat that offer daily freerolls so that players can build a bankroll, that's very good.
But sooner or later you have to deposit, there is no other alternative.
I used to see many Cardschat players on PS playing Cash NL2 or some NL5 and today since the Cardschat free games disappeared I don't see almost anyone.
With this I want to tell you that in general, many players who have won freerolls played what they won but did not bet more than that, which is the convenient part for the poker site in this case Poker Stars.
The site does not mind if you earn and withdraw funds, as long as you have validated your account and deposited previously. What's more, in PS and GG I have deposited US$10 in each site and I have already withdrawn more than US$600 in 5 months plus what I have in bankroll in each site, and I never had any problem.
But I consider that when sites see that players who win freerolls do not invest a dollar more in the site than they win in freerolls, they should understand that it is unnecessary for them to give promotions in freerolls because it creates traffic that they do not need.
In GG, for example, there are practically no freerolls, and they have more than 400,000 players online every afternoon. Logically, they are more concerned about giving you prizes for rake, or tickets to tournaments or things like that for their clients, than promoting freerolls.
Greetings

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No stars are still alive and they are played by a large number of players and many people like everything. I think you only played there for free tournaments then yes, you'll feel like it fell and those people who play there because they like to play keep playing and making a profit:)

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now that cardschat freerolls are not on pokerstars it makes things way more likely that I will spend more time in the States during the winter months in the coming years