Awards
Chips
my first was party.
party
paradise
planet

then end of 2002 I discovered stars

in 2005 till 2008
I think I also have money in 50 different poker sites...at that period online poker sites they was the real deal!!
the old golden years...I miss that period

I agree. Tho I started playing poker in 2009, there were still a lot of freerolls. Eg. 20K GTD and a Peugeot CC freeroll in Ipoker for new players, Lamborghini freeroll in PS ...1M GTD turbo takedown freeroll in PS every month...there also was a 50K GTD freeroll for hungarians at Bwin...good old days. :rolleyes:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Good memories!

The old Doyle'sRoom on microgaming was great! LOTS of daily freerolls where you'd need 1 raked hand for entry (you could practically sitout & cash in all of them).
Also on same network 'PokerTime' (< they held a $7,000 freeroll on there, I think it was weekly).
Nordic bet (also microgaming).
unibet

I actually wish I'd played more on AbsolutePoker & UltimateBet. Tourney structures were good & had lots of traffic. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't play much on there though.... probably would've gotten burned for some $'s.

Lots of obscure ones, some that I signed up to via those OFC Challenge freerolls & buyins. (ie. ApplePie Poker, PokerLoco )

Google is your friend. Just looked up those $7,000 freerolls. They held them on 7th, 17th & 27th of each month, LoL. Some nice scores in those games! (600 players got paid, 1st was ~$1,200 & tourneys had ~3,000 entrants)
even an old CC thread about them https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/new-poker-time-7000-free-rolls-104604/ & look.. Curtis was racking up the bankroll on there... running his $1.40 freeroll cash to up to $8.63 in just over a week!! (wtg!)

It sure was great back then. So many people were so excited about the game. It has really died out in the area I live in.

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerroom.com
absolutepoker.com
royalvegas.com

have to say I really miss absolute and pokerroom.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should not only name but also shame the old sites which stole our money.

VirginPoker $$$, Circlebet $$$, ReeferPoker $$$ and more dollars from skins of the everleaf poker network.

Years and many hours of grinding for hundreds of dollars which never got paid when the sites closed down.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting and it deserves a new thread.I name and shame these three:Cash is King Poker,Purple Lounge and Gutshot Poker.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pacific Poker(888 Poker)is still pretty good.

motorcity1957

motorcity1957

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i know what you mean, poker-site's just disappear with peoples money. i have seen a couple hundred dollars do that over the 10 years i have been playing online poker. probably 100 poker-sites during that time. have only made 1 minimum deposit so long ago i cant remember the year. i think it was the original merge site called Poker.com.

motorcity1957

motorcity1957

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Orifice
CardsChat Elite
yes, those were good times, more poker-sites than you could count. filled my entire start screen with poker-sites, lol.
Wow, OFC, so many forums, when you clicked the drop-down box to choose the forum you represent there were hundred or more choice's, with a box you could fill in if your forum was not on the list.
2 of the most odd old forums that i joined way back then,
Pink Cow forum
Blue Lizard Lounge forum

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Poker Orifice
CardsChat Elite
yes, those were good times, more poker-sites than you could count. filled my entire start screen with poker-sites, lol.
Wow, OFC, so many forums, when you clicked the drop-down box to choose the forum you represent there were hundred or more choice's, with a box you could fill in if your forum was not on the list.
Pink Cow forum
Blue Lizard Lounge forum

Pink Cow. I had forgotten about that one (until now).
I miss those days.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Eurolinx Poker.
Better Poker.
Ken Poker.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cake Poker party poker Wingows Absolute had a mirror site but I forgot the name of it, any help on that one?

Last edited:
jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feltstars, another site that stole my money

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup like the rest of ya some of the poker sites i have played at i have forgot probably due to them closing and taking funds from me. but reading these posts have brought back some memories good and bad. i have one more to add thats Mansion Poker i liked that site but still another that burnt me when they closed doors to USA players. I seemed to have fun playing at any site i was at for the game. except for a couple that i didnt agree with the software. im not sure but the first three i played at would be
Mansion Poker
Paradise Poker
I thought this would be easy but not today there has been so many i really dont know my first three sites where. Now i will be beating myself up to remember this stuff.

legman2

legman2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cake Poker Party Poker Wingows Absolute had a mirror site but I forgot the name of it, any help on that one?

Absolutes mirror site was all pink color themed if that helps you remember it, I don't recall the name either.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker Orifice
CardsChat Elite
Pink Cow forum
Blue Lizard Lounge forum

Suited pockets was a cool forum back in the day.

Did anyone mention Ultimate Bet? Again, I want to reiterate, Pokerroom.com was awesome.

ROGUE63

ROGUE63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wasnt vegas 247 absolutes mirror site?
pitbull;jungle poker;jon wood gaming;USDbet;reefer;wish i had my old IBM tower lol musta had 150 plus sites on that

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BetHoldem.com poker

truemoneygames

pokerchamps

Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mountain Poker
Reefer Poker
Minted Poker

D

daniel e hodge

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
old poker sites

man I remember pokerchamps.com. Lived with 5 other guys right when the "new poker boom" took off after moneymaker won. All you would hear all night every night was yelling (either cursing or excitement, sometimes both) from everyones room since we were all on pokerchamps.

One time in a cash game, I wanna say I ended up heads up with Gus Hansen on a hand and beat him. (the "beat him" part might be the memory fading lol) but he shot me $50 after that hand into my account. Pretty cool thing to do. He was my fav player before that but unquestionably so afterwards.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ahhhhh....this is one of the kinds of threads I have been looking for in CardsChat.
I was going through my notebooks dated from 2007 to 2011 trying to find out when I played at Wingows.

Mansion poker had the smallest fields and largest payouts.
CD poker's slots and blackjack games were very friendly.
Hollywood poker had the real McCoy play once in a while in the bounties.
Doyle and Cake had some good games that had a regular slot.
Sun and Empire were not sites that I really obtained any benefit from. I think they were offshoot sites.
There were a few Scandinavian sites and a few other obscure sites that I played at where I was able to hedge my funds in an alternative currency in addition to pounds, dollars and euros. The advent of crypto currencies has been a game changer regarding currency hedging within poker accounts.

Overall, I played at 30+ sites on a regular basis during this time and learned a great deal about the world (literally) of online gaming. Despite the cheating and predatory behavior of some sites, you did encounter some excellent sites with great value games. Ten years later I am seeing much more of a lottery approach rather than skill in the overall structure of the present online poker world.

I really miss the SNG jackpots that Titan had, Rio..Maui...Ft. Knox... .If you were able to place first in 5 or 6 successive six-handed games, (In Maui you had to best a field of 12 ..the buy in was $2 and the jackpot was a static $2000. I won this a few times.) you would cash in a five or six figure jackpot.

Absolute Poker had some good (though 'gamed') cash games with a bad beat jackpot. Cashing in on a bad beat jackpot was nice. These days I have found only a few such bad beat jackpot sites that still exist. It's tough to grind away without some kind of a rainbow to look forward to.

poker stars was and still is one of the tougher sites to win consistently within due to the quality of the players. I won many of my big ticket entries via the $11.70 satellites and upwards.

Last edited: