Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's just another way for the site to generate more money. In the smaller MTTs, I think it's alright.. but I was skimming through the FTOPS tournies, and some of the big ones have multi-entries as well.. I don't like that.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you think about it... ^.. not really. In the bigger buyin MTT's.. it's good players playing vs. good players.. & less & less fish. In time, how many fish will continue to want to enter those tourneys when they're facing 6x gboro? How profitable will it be for the good players once the fish are gone? (& when they're on tables facing a bunch of other top players.. ie. you KO ShaunDeeb.. get moved to another table & there he is again!).

ok then, it's great for the very, very, very best players who have an edge on the very good players :eek:

NO_Fluff

NO_Fluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For anyone who has been watching and learning from the really really REALLY good DTB MTT video selection this seems like a great way to get and keep a BR growing. .

At the risk of exposing I am a noobie here, what videos are you referring to, and where can they be found? Always LQQKIN to learn. :O)

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the risk of exposing I am a noobie here, what videos are you referring to, and where can they be found? Always LQQKIN to learn. :O)

DragTheBar.com. It's a coaching/training site along the lines of CardRunners, DeucesCracked, etc. You have to pay to see all but some introductory videos, but it's well worth the investment to improve your game.

NO_Fluff

NO_Fluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you, I will check them out. I have heard of them, but couldn't decipher the Acronym! Seems EVERYTHING on the net is designated by one (i.e. acronym). LOL

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
P.O. Enough with this high stakes nonsense. Noone here is playing those stakes.

MET's are just fine and fun for the buyins everyone here is playing. ANd I really don't think we are bankrupting the fish in a $5 MET by them buying in 4 times rather than once.

The High Stakes guys may have an argument about the top end of the food chain... but I don;t think it is affecting 97% of the players. Deeb be damned.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't it just the same as unlimited rebuy tournaments to a degree? What I mean is, surely there has to be a point/time where you have to stop making several registrations to the same tournament.

I guess the plus side is that once you manage to have several going sill and they merge coming to the final table.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think it is unfair on players like myself you use to play these tourneys, (eg. daily dollar). I will pay for 1 enter, but certainly not 4 like have seen.

The other day I sat and watched the leaderboard of a rush tourney, (a by demand 1 i think it was), and by the time they were half way through, the 3 leaders had only entered the tourney once, I also took note that a lot of the players that had multiple enters, were out.

This comes as no suprise really, proberly a lot of fish looking for a quick fix.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't it just the same as unlimited rebuy tournaments to a degree? What I mean is, surely there has to be a point/time where you have to stop making several registrations to the same tournament.

I guess the plus side is that once you manage to have several going sill and they merge coming to the final table.

It's essentially playing the same tournament 4 times as opposed to rebuying :)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played these tourneys twice and I like them . I only bought in with two entrys when four were available but I didn't want to have $20 in a $5 tourney and then cash for 12 or 15 dollars lol .
both times I got both my entries right at the money then lost them both close together before the money . my goal was just to cash with each entry going as deep as possible .

anyone have some double cashes or better ? of course it would be great to make more the one entry to final table and then merge but I would guess those would be few and far between even for a pro .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

MET's are just fine and fun for the buyins everyone here is playing. ANd I really don't think we are bankrupting the fish in a $5 MET by them buying in 4 times rather than once.

The High Stakes guys may have an argument about the top end of the food chain... but I don;t think it is affecting 97% of the players. Deeb be damned.

Oh... so sorry I didn't specify!!! I was merely talking about poker on the whole. I bow before thee... oh great one!

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I believe you missed POs point.

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you missed POs point.

I think I got his point, his original post was about deeeb saying they were bad for poker. I believe though that Deeb and other HS players think about it only from a top of the food chain perspective - and that at the botttom (buyin wise) it's not going to bankrupt the fish any faster.

W

waz666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate this new format. The play is super loose and I feel that if I want to really compete I need to put in more than 1 entry. If I'm playing the daily dollar its because I'm cheap and only want to put a dollar in :)

N

noname65

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi-entry tournaments

Does anyone here play the multi-entry tournaments at Full Tilt? In about 15 minutes there's one with a 20K guaranteed prize pool, top 306 getting paid--and right now it has fewer than 400 entrants. Pretty juicy even if it's $10+1 per entry, with max four entries allowed.

Anyway, I was wondering what the best strategy for playing such tournaments is. I bought two entries and am going to multitable them because two is the most I can multitable effectively, but I thought about buying a third entry and just sitting out with it in case my other two go disastrously and I need to "rebuy." Any thoughts?

G

GoBilliards

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi-entry tourneys are the next gimick by full tilt. They are bad for the game because the monsters have to be killed multiple times. This makes them bad equity. They also end up with a larger shark to fish ratio at the end for this same reason. drying up the pool is another reason this format is bad for the site. There is a limited amout of money that we are all fighting for. If the depositors go broke faster, which they will, it is bad for everyone.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching a Rush OD Tourney, It was to my suprise that the top 3 chip leaders about half way through, only entered once.

Just thought that might help you.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone here play the multi-entry tournaments at Full Tilt? In about 15 minutes there's one with a 20K guaranteed prize pool, top 306 getting paid--and right now it has fewer than 400 entrants. Pretty juicy even if it's $10+1 per entry, with max four entries allowed.

Anyway, I was wondering what the best strategy for playing such tournaments is. I bought two entries and am going to multitable them because two is the most I can multitable effectively, but I thought about buying a third entry and just sitting out with it in case my other two go disastrously and I need to "rebuy." Any thoughts?

Just forget the fact it's multi entry and treat it like 2 completely separate tournaments.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its midnight madness and it will go well over 1k ppl by the time late reg ends