>...< - is getting annoying

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And how do you make $$ when everyone is about =, no one is calling, so no one is being eliminated? Trust me, if they were knocking each other out, I'd sit back, sip my drink, watch and laugh. I'm talking about AI's w/ no callers @ low blinds with about = stacks. Again, how do you make $$, push and pray?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm wait for a good hand and call, I don't see the issue here

If they're putting 50bb+ stacks AIPF liberally then that's all you can possibly ask for

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm wait for a good hand and call, I don't see the issue here

What's your minimum definition of a "good hand" with = stacks & low blinds, but people push every other and or so? Position really makes no difference here as AI is AI.

BillyTheBull

BillyTheBull

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL . . . as a wise man once said (somewhere in this forum, in some other thread I can't recall): "Welcome to poker, we hope you enjoy your stay. . . ."

Except, it doesn't sound like you're enjoying your stay much, do you? Admittedly, I have found that some players will play much more aggressively early on in SnGs (especially one-table or short-handed), which is usually exactly the wrong thing to do . . . and usually also why they don't last and I end up cashing about 60-70% of the time in those kind of tourneys; gotta love the donks! :)

I'm really not sure what to tell you . . . either don't play those SnGs anymore, or play higher limits (actually, not sure that's a good recommendation for you), or don't play NLHE at all. Go play LHE instead if you don't like the big PF raises and the AIPFs in NLHE; however, don't come back complaining later about how no-one folds to your raises and everyone keeps sucking out, chasing flushes and straights to the river, etc. . . .

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a specific player is literally pushing every other hand, that means he's got %50 PFR which equates to a range of {33+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J4s+,T6s+,96s+,86s+,76s,65s,A2o+,K5o+,Q7o+,J7o+,T8o+,98o}

Which means we really don't need much to call. I wouldn't be calling with any hand that beats that range, but probably a good chunk of the better aces, kings, and pairs.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a specific player is literally pushing every other hand, that means he's got %50 PFR which equates to a range of {33+,A2s+,K2s+,Q2s+,J4s+,T6s+,96s+,86s+,76s,65s,A2o+,K5o+,Q7o+,J7o+,T8o+,98o}

Which means we really don't need much to call. I wouldn't be calling with any hand that beats that range, but probably a good chunk of the better aces, kings, and pairs.

Not 1 player, it's usually 1 player, then another, then another... like a virus, it goes around the table. And yes, I usually do cash, it's just frustrating in the process. I like to play for the play. The $$ is obviously nice as well. I guess I could go to play $$ tables since you see almost every hand down to the river, but then I would make $$.

Note to self: don't express frustrations here again :D

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I could go to play $$ tables since you see almost every hand down to the river, but then I would make $$.

huh? Is that a bad thing? :rolleyes:

I was just going to say - it seems like you're more interested in playing hands through rather than the profitability. Tournaments are nuts by nature - go and play cash games if you want postflop play.

I didn't mean to come off as rude, but it's just funny to me how people complain about peoples' play.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huh? Is that a bad thing? :rolleyes:

I was just going to say - it seems like you're more interested in playing hands through rather than the profitability. Tournaments are nuts by nature - go and play cash games if you want postflop play.

I didn't mean to come off as rude, but it's just funny to me how people complain about peoples' play.

edit: wouldn't*

You never complain other people's play?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was supposed to read 'complain about bad players', but no I don't complain much. What's purpose does complaining serve?

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was supposed to read 'complain about bad players', but no I don't complain much. What's purpose does complaining serve?

So, if you're sitting there and get a bad beat by a bad call on a big hand you just think "gollee jee, that sure was good luck for them".

And, I never said the other players were bad. For all I know they're catching premium hands. I just found it frustrating when there were a lot of all-in's in a row.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, if you're sitting there and get a bad beat by a bad call on a big hand you just think "gollee jee, that sure was good luck for them".

Well I don't start talking like a fruitcake, but yes, I basically try to brush it off. Like I said, what's the use of complaining?

Discipline and tilt-control are things you have to learn if you want to play high-volume and be a winning player.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don't start talking like a fruitcake, but yes, I basically try to brush it off. Like I said, what's the use of complaining?

Discipline and tilt-control are things you have to learn if you want to play high-volume and be a winning player.

(fruitcake) HAH! Thanks for the laugh :D

CrackaNACtion

CrackaNACtion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people just push cause its such low stakes at hand. u dont see it as often when its like 50 dollar to a 100. but here latley u do see more and more people push in beginning to try to get lucky and double up so they can sit back and wait

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
OK, so what about when 4-5 AREN'T eliminated because no one is calling the AI's? What's your plan then? Push and pray?
It's called picking your moment, and only going in with premium hands. and Yes it is frustrating folding marginal hands then seeing that you would have flopped a str8

Last edited:
P

Playmaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting Thread...But the Bottom Line is I would rather play against Overagressive Idiots then Super Tight Nits myself...But thats just Me...also another thing is you seem to Play Turbos at times and those just bring Out the Agression in all because of the Blind structure..In General though most of the Low Stakes Sit and Go's are pretty flawed because of the Skill Level Involved...

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting Thread...But the Bottom Line is I would rather play against Overagressive Idiots then Super Tight Nits myself...But thats just Me...also another thing is you seem to Play Turbos at times and those just bring Out the Agression in all because of the Blind structure..In General though most of the Low Stakes Sit and Go's are pretty flawed because of the Skill Level Involved...

That's true re: turbos. I don't have time/patience to sit through a ++hour tourney. The turbos are usually perfect for me time wise. Guess I'll have to pick my spots and take their money from now on.