FTP BLT Crashing?

MuscleMan76

MuscleMan76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate the people saying what u expect with 100,000 entries. Well ft set it up so they would get that many. They guaranteed it! So they should have been ready for it. Its a pathetic epic failure and I'm still pissed. I had to stop playing poker for the day cuz I couldn't help but tilt after that headache!

Exactly!!!! Everybody who had an entry should have $2.20 per entry returned to them! I don't see any acceptable excuse for why they let that happen.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Little Tournament Problems January 30

I was registered for the BLT today too, but when I couldn't sit down at the table. The lobby popped up as it normally would, but there was no 'Take Your Seat' button available. My name was on the list of players, and I was able to find it under my 'Registered In Tournaments', yet I couldn't play. I ended up blinding out and I have no idea what place I was in, but I e-mailed them about getting my entry fee refunded so hopefully that goes smoothly.

I was hoping to find some other people who might have also had trouble with the BLT today and get them to post their problem in detail. Hopefully we can submit this thread to Full Tilt and make sure we get compensated. Strength in numbers haha.

Thanks in advance

G

GarlicButter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Troubles with BLT on 1/30

I had registered for 3 entries. Only 1 showed up. Clicked on the Show my entries, and only 1 showed in there. I sent an email to Full Tilt support, waiting for a response. I would like to get my other two entry fees refunded. If they can't manage that, i just will stop putting money on there and stick with freerolls on tilt, and put my money on pokerstars

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BLT Refund?

Hey guys,

I know a lot of people had trouble playing in the BLT yesterday, including myself, and I was just wondering if anyone has received a refund from FullTilt yet. I'm not even sure that we will receive a refund, but I sent them an e-mail because I couldn't even take my seat in the tournament yesterday, which was pretty frustrating. I figure the least they could do is refund my buy-in, but I'm not sure what their policy is about glitches. Any input would be helpful.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
e-mailed them only replied to say they got my e-mail nothing else joke of a tournament

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you actually could not take your seat, I am sure they will refund your money after a review.
I do not think they will refund if you did participate and it was glitchy.
All you can really do is send an email and ask.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you actually could not take your seat, I am sure they will refund your money after a review.
I do not think they will refund if you did participate and it was glitchy.
All you can really do is send an email and ask.

This ^. They're aware of the problems. If you email them they'll review your account and will likely be credited 2.20T$:

"Hi,

Anyone who experienced issues during the tournament should contact support (quoting 'Big Little Tournament Refund' in subject line), and your account will be reviewed.

If you have already contacted them, please be patient, they are working through everyones requests as quickly as possible.

Sean"

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From an FTP rep:

Hi,

Anyone who experienced issues during the tournament should contact support (quoting 'Big Little Tournament Refund' in subject line), and your account will be reviewed.

If you have already contacted them, please be patient, they are working through everyones requests as quickly as possible.

Sean

GL.

M

MR JH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i can understand peoples frustation but that doesnt make FT a bad site because of this one problem. i havent encounterd any such problems with FT ever. maybe im just luck :) .......

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with marginal, and afaik this only happened one other time when they were doing the world record event, but I don't think it was this bad.
I am sure for those really affected, they will refund your money.
It is just going to take some time to review the probably thousands of emails they are receiving.
Shit happens.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they will refund your money if you emailed them. they usually have no problem doing it if its a legit cause.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like pooffy said, if you couldn take your seat they will refund you.

tbh tho they are probably getting thousands upon thousands of emails of people claiming the same thing so i'd be patient. ftp support usually takes awhile anyways

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is now like 6 threads on this topic here. so ur def not the only one who experienced this. if you couldn even take your seat im pretty sure you'll be refunded.

be patient tho as ftp support does take its time

rjeezy20146

rjeezy20146

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow never seen this before but it will take sometime for FTP to respond since FTP i very slow

soccerrunner8098

soccerrunner8098

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was ridiculous. I couldn't get seated for a half an hour and the only reason that I didn't get seated was I restarted my computer and the fulltilt software and my 2 entries finally popped up. After that it was still terrible because everything was lagged. It took you a couple clicks to get the bet/fold/check buttons to go. It felt like I was running windows 95 except the rest of my computer was fine, it was just fulltilt. I'm pretty sure that's going to deter me from ever playing in the big little tourney ever again

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Full Tilt emailed me back:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting full tilt poker Support.
On January 30th 2011, some players experienced issues with the Big Little Tournament, scheduled to take place at 13.00 EST.
After reviewing your account we have credited you with the buy-in for this tournament in Tournament Dollars.
For information on how to use your T$, please visit our website at:
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/realMoney.php
We're working on ensuring these issues do not occur in the future and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Regards,
The Full Tilt Poker Team

So I hope anyone else who had a problem got it worked out. All I did was send them an email about what happened and asked for a refund.

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Full Tilt emailed me back:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.
On January 30th 2011, some players experienced issues with the Big Little Tournament, scheduled to take place at 13.00 EST.
After reviewing your account we have credited you with the buy-in for this tournament in Tournament Dollars.
For information on how to use your T$, please visit our website at:
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/realMoney.php
We're working on ensuring these issues do not occur in the future and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Regards,
The Full Tilt Poker Team

So I hope anyone else who had a problem got it worked out. All I did was send them an email about what happened and asked for a refund.

yeah I got a refund 2

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly!!!! Everybody who had an entry should have $2.20 per entry returned to them! I don't see any acceptable excuse for why they let that happen.

Agreed! Full tilt set up this tourney for 1 reason-to make a lot of money. They know they're servers can't handle 100,000, so why set up the tourney for that? Obviously the $$$ is more important than play quality. A few weeks ago their servers crashed while I was tabling but I received my refund the next day. They should refund buyins of all those who could not play. If it was glitchy they should still refund your buyin. I heard some1 did get their seat and saw cards but no actions registered. They had AA utg, clicked raise but the action didn't register in their 20 seconds to act and it was folded. Hopefully full tilt will lose money from the $200,000 payout and the refunds and learn their lesson.

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think they would purposely set up a tourney they KNOW is going to crash or run horribly just to earn money. Couldn't they just run more tournaments like the BLT on a regular basis to accomplish that?

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Originally Posted by FTPDoug
Hi all,

Today's small update addresses the issues many players experienced with the Big Little Tournament last Sunday. Very large tournaments should be quite playable now. Sorry about that.

If you played in the BLT and had issues, please contact support and they will be able to sort it out for you.