Bodog Brand to leave US Market/MMGG to Retain US Customers

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. Becky, let me know what you think would be a better title, and I'll change it.

I think the title is fine because it is accurate- the bodog brand IS leaving the US market, but MMGG is staying and rebranding. Maybe add "rebranding" after MMGG in the title?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the title is fine because it is accurate- the bodog brand IS leaving the US market, but MMGG is staying and rebranding. Maybe add "rebranding" after MMGG in the title?

I changed it between the time she posted and when you just saw it. :)

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anyone cares, I withdrew $200 on bodog this week and had no problems. Was quick and easy. Just cashed the check.(will see if it returns or not but I don't think it will)

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone cares, I withdrew $200 on bodog this week and had no problems. Was quick and easy. Just cashed the check.(will see if it returns or not but I don't think it will)
Same here. $100 check 3 weeks ago cleared my bank just fine. Bodog still rocks the customer service.

momasaidnokuout

momasaidnokuout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a $35 deposit on bodog and havent had to redeposit yet. The play is better than FT or Stars, but there just isnt a good variety of tournaments. They need to add some PLO MTT tourneys.

D

durward thinkin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Becky, if youre monitoring this, will there be an automatic tranfer of funds from bodog to the new site or will we have to withdraw from bodog and then re-deposit on the new site?

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Becky, if youre monitoring this, will there be an automatic tranfer of funds from bodog to the new site or will we have to withdraw from bodog and then re-deposit on the new site?

Funds will be automatically transferred. :)

Becky

D

durward thinkin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you very much ..I appreciate the timely response

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What will become of Becky?

I think their use of a goodwill ambassador has drawn and kept a lot of players, partly through forums like this, so Becky is important to Bodog. No other site reaches out to the players like BD. :congrats:

Long live the Dog!! I will hang in and looking forward to the transition. ;)

PS Whatever new name or amalgam, it has to have a dog in it!!!

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What will become of Becky?

I'm not 100% sure just yet, but I am more than happy to continue to serve as your point of contact on the forums on behalf of MMGG as I have a great relationship with Alwyn Morris and his CS team. :)

I'll keep you posted on my situation in particular, but I can assure you that you'll be taken care of no matter what!
Becky

L

Luv2Play

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So relieved to hear it's just a re-branding - I almost logged on to blow the rest of my $100 bankroll before I finished reading the whole thread ;)

J

jchris67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a couple of things that make me feel a little better about my funds on Bodog: 1st of all, they are being very forthcoming about this which indicates they are not out to just steal your money. Additionally, it's much more difficult to make a deposit on Bodog including going through a foreign third party rather than using US banks directly, which should make it more difficult for the DOJ to prosecute.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed that the low limit cash NLHE rings are really drying up this week. Went to play .02/.05 tonight and no full ring tables active. They used to have at least 10 running each night. Is there something up, other than the brand switch at year end?

C

Corey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Bodog Becky - the superbowl freeroll runs January 5, 2012

I thought Bodog is disappearing from USA by then to be replaced by some weird spinoff.

So what's going to happen on that? Bad timing? 2 departments not talking to each other??

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it takes an average of 3 weeks to get withdraw? I will redownload Bodog and see what funds I have there. Bodog seems to be better place to withdraw than at merge or cake. I need my Xmas $$$$.:D

BodogBecky

BodogBecky

Bodog Site Rep
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Bodog Becky - the superbowl freeroll runs January 5, 2012

I thought Bodog is disappearing from USA by then to be replaced by some weird spinoff.

So what's going to happen on that? Bad timing? 2 departments not talking to each other??

Any promos that are running will be carried over and you will see little to no difference besides a new brand. The company that currently owns the bodog.eu operations (MMGG) will continue its relationship with the bodog poker Network as its poker software provider when they rebrand Jan 1, 2012.

Thanks and good question!
Becky

Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada