Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Curious as to others experience with this site. Theyve got some SnG windfalls that look interesting.
MTT selection isn't anything massive but some good size pools and guaranteed tournaments.
Anyone else a fan or dislike this site for a specific reason? Or have anything to point out that I may be missing and want to check out?

I made a mistake could this be transferred over to poker room category please, I had overlooked that category and I apologize admins!!

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After more research I've been doing, I believe like any other reputable site I just have to find what game or games suit myself and my playing abilities.
I tried some MTT with horrendous luck or too many fish, a bit of both.
And it seems the small stake SnG also just have unbelievable people dumping over everything, it's more of a lottery ticket than playing poker after a few days.

The one place I've found a nice place and winning steadily has been at the PL Omaha table.

Its too early for conclusion and Id still like to hear from other long time members of the site or anyone with good or bad feedback about BOL....one thing I know is it has been around for quite some time, plus side of 15 years I beleive. So that alone has to speak for something.

The journey continues.......

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its seems like, not many forum members are playing on BetOnline, and neither am I. So unfortunately I have no experience, I can share with you.

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It was worth a stab, I've read a few articles on here from years or awhile past anyway, after a few days maybe a week with nothing maybe it'll give me a decent perspective or some players join and in time this thread grows.

Although everyone's experience and interaction is completely different, due to games, stakes, good or bad runs at the time so I'm just curios as to any insight or knowledge gainable at this site. Or learn anything. Maybe by non responses I gain knowledge of a new site to me and a new place I prefer to play.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I mean it's a legit site, it's been around a long time and they do payout... I haven't played there in quite a while, don't even remember my name there it's been so long but the reason I didn't play there much is lack of cash game variety and traffic, but it's a decent site if you mainly play nlhe mtts, but like I said it's been awhile lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Curious as to others experience with this site.
I'm playing on there this very minute while writing my response here.
I'm actually playing on 'SportsBetting' which shares the same player pool, has the same games, etc.
I initially joined there from a recommendation from a Cardschat friend (MTCashman) to take advantage of a Christmas promotion they were running. Well I never did take advantage of the promo and never really began playing on there until a few years later. (Cardschat used to hold many freerolls on there but I missed out on all of those... too bad).
My thinking initially was >>> I'm going to be playing MTT's (micro/Low stakes, $5 to $22). I'll try SportsBetting (or BetOnline) so that I can add more games of similar buyin to my schedule. Well it never happened (long story but due to other commitments I have not been able to play an MTT schedule).

I had also heard that the site was relatively 'soft' vs. some of the other larger sites (ie. Stars) and that perhaps I would have some success on it (another recommendation from another CC member). So I gave it a try but started with a very small bankroll (what was left from my initial deposit for that Christmas promo from a few years back)... I think I had just $14 in my account there. I played a $5 tournament and cashed for ~$50 and from there I played the 10nl cash tables ('BOOST', similar to ZOOM, Rushpoker, FastForward, SPEED, etc.). I liked it but was just not rolled enough for it so it was a bit of a grind trying to build it up. (and I think 10nl is the lowest stakes they have on there... they really should entertain having 5nl tables as I'm sure they'd get a ton more traffic there).

Anyways, these days I seldom play on there BUT I actually like the site.

Pros:
software is decent! Works well, is smooth, and I've never had a disconnection issue.
- tables are softer than many

Cons:
Cash games
stakes don't start out low enough
stakes don't go high enough (lol). Honestly there doesn't seem to be any traffic above 25nl and really not even enough players at that level on there.

I haven't played tournaments on there (aside from that first one... I don't recall playing any others) but it doesn't look like there's very many games in the lobby. For myself that's okay because I play on many sites at the same time but if I were only playing on one site it'd be a problem for sure.

I would definitely recommend the site to other players (just not to the really good players obviously)

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm looking into maybe trying out ACR or abother site possibly also after some research and knowing which also allow Us players and especially from my lovely commonwealth state in the north east. Some don't allow me and it's like jersey and Penn and some others but not taxachussetts yet

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm looking into maybe trying out ACR or abother site possibly also after some research and knowing which also allow Us players and especially from my lovely commonwealth state in the north east. Some don't allow me and it's like jersey and Penn and some others but not taxachussetts yet
In ur case i would just play wherever possible since ur choices are very limited. I would mix a bit of both ACR and BOL.

Chico (bol) is a great Network imo. Top software both on desktop and mobile. Very soft player pool, many deposit methods. One of my favourite features there: ur notes get saved on their server! so u will have them available forever and they show up on both mobile and desktop.

Unfortunately they are unregulated...so its up to u how much u want to trust them/deposit.

My experience there on micros/cardschat freerolls years ago has been very good. If i had to choose the best poker software in 2024 then that would be chico for me, alone for that note feature.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately they are unregulated...so its up to u how much u want to trust them/deposit.
As others have said, they have been around for a long time though, and no known issues with paying out. But of course with any of these unregulated sites, or for that matter any new site, you want to try, there is really no reason to start with a massive deposit. Its almost always much easier to top up later if needed, than to get your money out again ;)

Sullivanryn88

Sullivanryn88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I downloaded ACR poker , I am going to make a small starter deposit on there and also see whats offered for promos also before I do, and give them a try, mix it up from BOL a little bit.