time to loosen up, cruiser!! blinds are gettin up there
gl budd

Cruiser

Cruiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, but all im getting at the min is pure garbage and i aint getting any chances to steal!! I have only played 4 hands to whole torney!!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow talk about tight :)
just remember the only way to win these things is by gettin lucky with the races: the PPs vs overcards etc
gl cruiser - i'm off to tha beer store, and can't watch anymore, but hopefully you hit it big, brother!

-chuckts

Cruiser

Cruiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, just got my 88 beat bys 66, :mad:, leaves me with 1700 and the blinds are 300 600, so not looking good anymore!!

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/06/06

bankroll: 2381.04

Again at 2/4 i played pretty well and was up a few hundred, when i got my JJ beat by TT when he hit his set. I was making alot of preflop raises and continuation bets on the flop, and i think the players noticed the pattern. When i followed up my PF raise with the JJ on a ten high board, he check raised me. I put him on AT and figured i was ahead and stacked him off. Doh!
Anyways i fought back to bring back that 400 or 300 I lost :eek: and almost broke even...til i realized the beer store's gonna close soon! gotta run!

Profit: -141.10
Bankroll: 2239.94

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/07/06

Bankroll: 2239.94

2/4 again, and i played a pretty solid game today, aswell as got some luck on my side (see AA vs 55 thread). There were only 2 hands that i entered that i didn't take down, and i made some good calls on scary boards with villain making good bluffs.
Up a bit today, but those two hands that i didn't take down really ate into my stack; at one point i had doubled my buyin.

Profit: +173.70
Bankroll: 2414.64

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very nice playing Chuck. Keep it up. I've been following this daily but haven't let you know yet. I've seen that you have been saying that you are (tilting) a bit much. You have to keep this in check. When I lose a big hand, the next hand I let the timer run all the way down. Whether I am going to call or fold. While it is running down I try and calm myself down. You could even do it for two hands. Remember you are at your best when you are not tilting!!

ChuckTs said:
til I realized the beer store's is gonna close soon! gotta run!

Now that's funny!!:congrats: :beer: :congrats:

Ch4nc3

Ch4nc3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi ChuckT,

Very impressive on your bankroll. You're my hero.

Thanks for posting your progress. For those of us who are just learning I believe it is inspirational and educational to hear your progress.

Keep up the great work.

Jim

Acathla

Acathla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nicely done Chuck, Keep up the great playing. Think it's time for to start playing again, 1 month of almost no playing has been quite a long time. But now that the great weather is coming, it's going to be tough.

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sammyv1 said:
You have to keep this in check. When I lose a big hand, the next hand I let the timer run all the way down. Whether I am going to call or fold. While it is running down I try and calm myself down. You could even do it for two hands. Remember you are at your best when you are not tilting!!

I totally agree you really need to stay calm and focussed. My advice would be unless you have AA, KK or AK, FOLD after you take a big loss. You need to tighten up after a big loss because there will be plenty of sharks circling waiting for that first taste of blood. If you show tilt, they will attack. I pray on people who just lost a big hand and try to suck them in while they are still on tilt. What you can do is keep calm but attempt to show tilt to suck the preditors in and turn the tables. A bit of tilt-like chat on the board will help your cause if you've hit a big hand right after a big loss. Just make sure the decision is made with a clear head and rational thought.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/07/06

Bankroll: 2414.64

Started the day off trying some 2/4 10 handed, and sat 2 rounds without any good action (i lost $60 chasing a draw:hmmmm2::hmpf::s:) so i decided to hit up the shorthanded tables as usual.
Sat down at a table, and before i knew it we were only 4 handed.
Here's one hand that happened during that 4-handed stretch:
i raised utg with 88 and BB called flop came 8:)D)T4 with 2 clubs.
actually here's a HH pic attached. too lazy to describe the whole hand.

Profit: +336
Bankroll: 2750.64

Attachments

• stackoff.JPG
    stackoff.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 90
Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sweet! That couldnt have gone any better for you. Keep up the good work!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck thats a great win there mate, keep posting on this, it's good to see how you are doing every day.

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great win - what the hell was he doing calling with 3-4? As I always say, even if the worse hands does hit, the better hand will still end up winning most of the time. Congrats on the big pot!!!!!

BTW, what did you think he had when he went all-in??? I would be interested to hear what was running through your head...

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^PF i put him on two big cards, maybe an ace or a pp (common range for calling with most opponents)
on the flop, i put him on either top pair, or flush draw. When a board like that hits, it's generally the most aggressive player that takes it down. I really didn't care, i just prayed a club didn't hit the turn. (i had seen SAAAAB playing before, and he is a strong player...though it doesnt show in this hand :p)
i don't know what it was, but i was actually scared for a minute of TT...don't know why.
I think it was the speed with which he pushed on my reraise.
but i aint layin down an overfull :)

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck, what are your plans for the future? Are you going to move up to higher limits or are you happy with the money you are making at this level? At what point do you say to yourself, "I'm a professional poker player"? From your posts, I would say you have the skill for it.

C

Cardsharp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its great to hear a success story that started from $11. After starting from a $10 no deposit offer about 3 months ago my bankrolls up to $200. I can't wait to see how Im doing after a year.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alon Ipser said:
Chuck, what are your plans for the future? Are you going to move up to higher limits or are you happy with the money you are making at this level? At what point do you say to yourself, "I'm a professional poker player"? From your posts, I would say you have the skill for it.
i really don't know AI; I don't think my newfound success has really hit me yet, because it's still just numbers on a screen for me now. I have to see how titan handles my withdraw and *if* they do :S I've heard many a story about people who have made thousands online from small deposits or freeroll winnings only to have the site deny them the withdrawl.
I think i'll stick to these limits for now, as i only started 2/4 a couple weeks ago and think i should play at least a few months or a year before i move up again....though the 5/10 is very inviting - the skill level is great, but there are also some complete morons up there. People drawing to naked flush draws for pot sized bets on the turn and donk-headed plays like that are not uncommon.
Thank you for the very generous comments...tbh i'm thinking that i'll possibly make a second income for myself if i can keep the dough comin in. It would be so cool to be able to work half a day in landscaping or trades of some kind and then come home to relax and play some poker (and make money doing it! :D) but i've got more important things on my mind right now :/
As for becoming a pro...i think that's something that's a little too risky - having my entire income based on a game, but it is still very possible. I think i would draw the line of "pro" when you make enough to support yourself and your lifestyle completely and solely from poker. Kind of stressful if you ask me :/
Again Alon and everyone else thank you for the generous comments :)

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think going pro would only create added stress as well as take away from the enjoyment of the game. If you NEEDED to play everyday and your bills REQUIRED you to win consistantly, do you think the pressure would affect how you played the game???

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course...i completely agree - i still can't completely control my tilt, and that could result in disaster.
imagine if your next paycheck rested at a single table? i couldn't handle that.
I think the reason i've been doing so well lately is because i'm relaxed, and confident. If i was stressed and uncomfortable...that too could spell disaster.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/09/06

Bankroll: 2750.64

Played a very short half-hour 2/4 s/h session. Got lucky with JJ one hand (see pic) and for some reason, nobody had ANY respect for my raises or continuation bets this time. I feel a little off today, and think that's why - i must be giving away bet timing reads or something :/ lol
anyways didn't come out with as much of a profit as i should have the way those guys were playing, but did ok either way.
Eyeing that 3K mark for next session! :D

Profit: +145.50
Bankroll: 2896.44

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky JJ hand i was talking about:

(JJ has been a very close friend as of late :D)

Attachments

• JJset.JPG
    JJset.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 123
gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ChuckTs said:
Eyeing that 3K mark for next session! :D

GL today at the tables Chuck!!! That's amazing if you do hit $3,000 - that will give you $1,000 in 8 days at 2/4. WOW

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
05/11/06

Bankroll: 2896.44

:p
didn't quite make the 3K mark...thanks for the support though Gord :)
i think i won two big pots today, one with AK and the other with a pp.
Other than that, my raises weren't respected and my hands just didn't hit today.
If I had pocket pairs, an overcard and large bets would ensue.
If i had AK AQ type hand, i wouldn't hit the flop and others would
I tried to play some SnGs, two 10-seaters for $10, and did pretty good in them - 4rd and got bad beat for 4th on the other but still no profit
i may try again later tonight
Oh well just one of those days i suppose...i tried switching tables a couple times but no dice :(
(Keep in mind my losses below aren't from big pots....all from my raises and continuation bets that got nowhere :mad:)

Profit: -378.7
Bankroll: 2517.74

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to hear about your loss Chuck, but........
Now I'm winning! Check my blog for my progress.
Keep in mind that I have played higher limits before, but am working back up after a large withdrawal.

Sunday live game at Joe Mercs if you are interested Chuck. 6pm. I'll buy you a beer.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management