After all, who believes that most poker sites are rigged?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be willing to wager 20k in play chips that bluff'nFluff does indeed NOT have a tracker.
And even if he does, its pretty easy to find 7 hands, where a bad beat occured. But unless he gives someone access to his entire database, this does not prove, they happened in succession ;)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that there is still some kind of algorithm that is regulated by sites, and when you lose, they will definitely use it against you, when you win, it’s just a program bug

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And even if he does, its pretty easy to find 7 hands, where a bad beat occured. But unless he gives someone access to his entire database, this does not prove, they happened in succession ;)
Omg that's brilliant! Everyone is safe from the rigged-ness as long as it can't be proved, because he surely won't give access to his play hands history. And even if he did, and it was in fact 7 hands in a row like that, it would still be too small of a sample size! Everyone can still sleep soundly at night!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omg that's brilliant! Everyone is safe from the rigged-ness as long as it can't be proved, because he surely won't give access to his play hands history. And even if he did, and it was in fact 7 hands in a row like that, it would still be too small of a sample size! Everyone can still sleep soundly at night!
Do you seriously believe, this actually happened? He is just making stuff up to be able to tell a cool story in an online forum.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You guys that get off on making fun of other players' struggles and clog up an entire discussion thread with your little jabs and chortling along to yourselves. It almost always comes down to this and then the entire topic is flushed down the toilet into the mega thread.
Do you seriously believe, this actually happened? He is just making stuff up to be able to tell a cool story in an online forum.
That's besides the point. I believe that even if he did end up posting proof of anything, that it simply doesn't even matter. Whether it was 7 in a row or in close succession, there is just no metric that qualifies something like that as unusual.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What probably annoys some of the members commenting here that this discussion is going on forever since online poker exists and it's just tiring.
As someone playing online poker almost every day I want new people to come into the games and stay there, so that the industry can grow or at least stop its decade long decline. And at its core the purpose of this site and forum is to promote poker both live and online. CC is currently affiliated with 3 different sites (WTP Global, partypoker, 888 Poker), and in the past they were affiliated with other sites as well.

An endless sea of speculations about "rigged games" does not help new players to feel comfortable, and thus it does not help the industry or regular players like myself. And when people present absolutely no evidence for their accusations, I honestly dont see any reason, why it should even be tolerated. At a minimum a thread like this should be tugged away in "rigged megathread", since it does not contribute anything valuable to the forum.

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And even if he does, its pretty easy to find 7 hands, where a bad beat occurred. But unless he gives someone access to his entire database, this does not prove, they happened in succession ;)
I never said they happened in succession, I said they happened 7x in a row in this situation, you don't get into this situation in every hand you play.
And the reason I haven't posted them is someone like you and the other donkey who doesn't understand poker math will say it didn't happen and I just manually put the hands in.
This is why I wanted HH's from Jokerstars, because that cannot be manipulated in any way, but of course they will not send them to me.
I tried starting a thread on their forum posting them, and they deleted it, and sent me an e-mail saying data from anything other than their HH base could not be used.
Well it's kinda hard to use theirs when they won't send it to me, and when the 'Hands' feature has been disabled, so no hands can be copied off the site.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
An endless sea of speculations about "rigged games" does not help new players to feel comfortable, and thus it does not help the industry or regular players like myself. And when people present absolutely no evidence for their accusations, I honestly dont see any reason, why it should even be tolerated.
The problem is that the bar for evidence is set unattainably high for the way that it is "rigged". And by that, I mean that the underlying sequence of how hands play out require you to look back in the history of the player's hands. So how do you go about proving that it works, except by trying it yourself?

Personally I am here for the players, not just the winning ones and definitely not the industry if it is built on something that is inherently corrupt. I've tried playing it both ways but I keep coming back to the same findings over and over again.

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem is that the bar for evidence is set unattainably high for the way that it is "rigged". And by that, I mean that the underlying sequence of how hands play out require you to look back in the history of the player's hands. So how do you go about proving that it works, except by trying it yourself?

Personally I am here for the players, not just the winning ones and definitely not the industry if it is built on something that is inherently corrupt. I've tried playing it both ways but I keep coming back to the same findings over and over again.
If a site is on the up and up, why would they deny you your HH's and remove the "Hands" feature?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If a site is on the up and up, why would they deny you your HH's and remove the "Hands" feature?
I don't really understand what this means, since PS still stores the hand histories and you can also request them through your account even if somehow it isn't being recorded on your computer automatically. And I have played on both the real and play money sides of PS and the hands feature is still there. I'm not sure what you mean that the feature is removed.

Do you have a screenshot to show that the hand history button is missing in your App?

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really understand what this means, since PS still stores the hand histories and you can also request them through your account even if somehow it isn't being recorded on your computer automatically. And I have played on both the real and play money sides of PS and the hands feature is still there. I'm not sure what you mean that the feature is removed.

Do you have a screenshot to show that the hand history button is missing in your app?
I jumped on a Zoom game to get this, I normally play S&G but no 25 mil buy in's running. It shows same on those. I took two, one with the stats bar to show the number of hands dealt/played, and the other which is supposed to show the hands dealt, which is always blank no matter what game I play.

When I tried to post it on here it says the uploaded file is too large.

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I used to think that perhaps they were rigged, but I no longer do. What I do think is that the more games that are played on the various sites, and given that they have some pretty good software engineers, they are able to review past history (given the technology that's available in this day and age) and continually develop new algorithms from past history, which continue to make it more and more difficult to make a sure bet on any given hand.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I jumped on a Zoom game to get this, I normally play S&G but no 25 mil buy in's running. It shows same on those. I took two, one with the stats bar to show the number of hands dealt/played, and the other which is supposed to show the hands dealt, which is always blank no matter what game I play.

Try saving the picture as a JPEG and/or crop it to make it smaller.

I think I might know what you are talking about with the hand history. It does happen sometimes and I remember it from some hyper turbo freerolls a long time ago that would run very frequently. The hands would not show up, or would just show who won and not show any of the actual cards. It should not be like that for all games though, so it could be a glitch with your particular client.

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK these are from a 9 person S&G a game I normally play, unusually I only took one beat in this game.
I cropped them as you suggested.
Hands played, (stats) shows up, but "Hands" which shows all hands is blank. It's like this in every game I play no matter what it is.

I've contacted Jokerstars about it 3 times and get no replies at all.
Screenshot 5

Screenshot 4

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a customer satisfaction survey from pokerstars asking questions such as how fair/accurate does one feel the RNG is, as well as questions asking if it feels possible to win on the site. Actually there were a few questions about the RNG, site fairness, "realism" of the software... I was blown away , then again I stopped playing Stars mostly because the 1 and 2 outers constantly were unlike anything compared to nearly a dozen other sites I've played over the years.

Many believe Stars these days sees it's poker product as online slot like entertainment and not poker. I hesitate to say it's rigged towards certain players or the site... however why are they asking these questions in surveys if they aren't in fact tweaking the algorithm for "exciting entertainment."?

A shame because Stars used to be a fantastic site but it's current owners just see it as online entertainment.

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a customer satisfaction survey from Pokerstars asking questions such as how fair/accurate does one feel the RNG is, as well as questions asking if it feels possible to win on the site. Actually there were a few questions about the RNG, site fairness, "realism" of the software... I was blown away , then again I stopped playing Stars mostly because the 1 and 2 outers constantly were unlike anything compared to nearly a dozen other sites I've played over the years.

Many believe Stars these days sees it's poker product as online slot like entertainment and not poker. I hesitate to say it's rigged towards certain players or the site... however why are they asking these questions in surveys if they aren't in fact tweaking the algorithm for "exciting entertainment."?

A shame because Stars used to be a fantastic site but it's current owners just see it as online entertainment.
I never played on Stars for real money, I played on FT Poker back before Black Friday hit in 2011,
All the top pro's back then were on FT, so I figured it was the better choice. Did well 14.9 ROI.
The RNG they had was 100% true, I ran within 1% in all situations, except for one, I flopped quads once and lost. Chalked that up to variance.

Since I can no longer play real money online, I play on PS for chips. Turned the 15k they give you to 8.5 billion.
Had a massive downswing of 3.5 billion due to a run of 57x in dominating as a 75%-90% favorite losing all of them, and most recently 7x in a row all in post flop as a 98-99% fav losing all 7 to runner-runner.
I understand there is variance in poker, but this is way beyond anything normal.

I'm doing good live this year as usual, so this hasn't affected my play at all.
I just find it so unbelievably ridiculous how many beats you can take on this site, and if online poker is ever legalized where I live, why they would do this because I am someone who would produce rake and be profitable for them.
I guess because they can't make any money off me they put an algorithm on my account and think I will buy chips if I bust. That will never happen.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Much of this thread is shameful & pathetic. wtf am I doing here?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
they put an algorithm on my account and think I will buy chips if I bust. That will never happen.

This is just way too funny and I guess answers my question above (I'm here for the chuckles).

So they are putting an algorithm on your account (wtf?) in hopes that you'll purchase play chips if (or when?) you bust. But it'll never happen.. so they're wasting their time by 'wasting the algorithm on you'. Yah.. they should save that algorithm for some Fish... like a guy who doesn't have Billions and a tracker.

J

jmbluffnstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is just way too funny and I guess answers my question above (I'm here for the chuckles).

So they are putting an algorithm on your account (wtf?) in hopes that you'll purchase play chips if (or when?) you bust. But it'll never happen.. so they're wasting their time by 'wasting the algorithm on you'. Yah.. they should save that algorithm for some Fish... like a guy who doesn't have Billions and a tracker.
Yeah, it's absolutely normal variance to go on a 3.5 billion downswing losing 57x as a 75-90% fav to win, and then lose 7x post flop as a 98-99% favorite.
Impossible that an algorithm could have been placed on my account.
And no reason to send me HH's either or allow my 'Hands' feature to work.
All completely normal right.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@Poker Orifice imagine all the money they can print by putting algorythms on play money player accounts. So they have to buy more play chips 😂

I think they did that because of the zero real money hands he played there. "We get u no matter what! Algorithm successfully placed on that play money Account"😂😂

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't worry about the sites being rigged; I worry more about collusion between players. There are times where I swear one player is dumping chips to another player.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You can convert the file size with many tools, either online or even on your personal computer/phone.

For example try this: