Guy Laliberte claims professional poker players cheated him outof millions of dollars

S

slash407

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you see that in this high level someone says that he was cheated.You wonder if the online poker is really safe.
I wonder why the best poker room dont have any bether program to log on their site(exemple:to show id and yourself every time when you connect to the site).
Most likely because because their earning are more important than security of the players.

this is why i cant take poker really seriously who the hell knows whats really going on.

also what i find funny is i was watching this guy play on the 1 drop tourney with other tourneys along with other players and i would think. wow these guys must know this game so much and then you read he lost the amounts he lost in his lifetime lol

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
infinite bankroll? maybe, but could have done what the article mentions; precionar to other players with their own bankroll because to lose 1 or 2 million as well says the article was less painful than other players.

T

TomoLV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I must say I'm not a fun of this Guy ;). Of course I'm not an advanced player but after watching few epsodes of EPT PCA 2014 I can't say he's playing well.

Still gotta feel sorry for him if he was being "freerolled" by people he actually knew personally.

And BTW, this made my day:
"got bent over and provided the Vaseline himself" :D

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if he is right, what is the issue? That site "staked" own sponsored players agains big fish with lots of money? Thats actually part of being sponsored player, isnt it?

If he hoped to get edge just by having huge bankroll, well, thats the reason why there is whole market of staking. To allow good players to get rid of variance and to let rich people "invest"their money.

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Guy did not go into too much detail about what exactly was happening, but he basically believes that he was being freerolled by the people online; people he knew personally – to make things worse. He claims they were playing against him with basically infinite bankrolls. They would force the action against him, because they didn’t have to fear losing, as it wasn’t their money, explains Laliberte."

Well, to be fair, it's not like Guy was playing with scared money either, more like pocketchange.

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About an hour and ten minutes of his income.

There was a a hand on a PAD high roller game where David Benyamine had his stack in against him. You could see that he was in a bind when the cards turned up on the flop. David Benyamine prolly had his whole stake in there, and the sweat started rolling off him.The guy was obviously scared way beyond just loosing a big hand. he was in deep.

Guy, seeing this, let the guy off the hook. Renegotiated the pot size strictly out of altruism. It was the kindest act I've ever seen in poker.

The look of relief on David Benyamine's face was priceless. :handkiss:

Guy is truly a good guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMDVHoDNXM

-

A sheep among wolves. I doubt they would do the same if the roles were reversed. Lol, Benyamine's facial expression says it all; sick to his stomach and looking like he's about to cry any moment. Like we haven't all been there.

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even after reading the article, it does raise some points, but I do not see how he can be cheated. He donates so much and the pro's all love him, but in the end you do never know...

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont if i can say that in english.He make cash like water.Big one for one drop.