What do you do while playing poker?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online - right now playing and posting on CC. Will surf web, online shopping, etc. Player notes now and then when I actually happen to be watching and catch something. Honestly barely paying attention. Heavily rely on HUD.

Live - just watch/study the other players at the table. Refuse to even look at the TV's. Listen to music on earphones, but I am like 90% visual, 9% tactile and 1% auditory - so I don't find it to be nearly as distracting as table chatter.

This is why I do much better and am much more dangerous live than online.

G

german9011

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
but I also listen to music or watch series because movies do not make you Good Holiday can not concentrate well.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy listening to soft relaxing and peaceful music. I find it helps with the concentration when playing.

S

Smiley2288

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it so crazy when i play poker have 3 kids to take care of so i have to multitassk

I

IamTheGrinch

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the most part, I pay attention to the game. I have been known, however, to enter sweepstakes from time to time.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the times I have nothing going except hearing my kids play GTA5. LOL
Although I have put on some music or a movie, just for some background noise. Yes it can get boring, but you gotta be in it to win it. :)

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how high the stake is and the price which can be won.
If it is an high staked tourney or running in to the prices i pay attention, take notes and try to learn the way my opponents play. Based on this i make my move.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually have to listen to music and maybe some tv

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the occasional nose pick.

;)
For we fellow pickers interested in improving our game. Do you collect for a whole session or discard individually? Maybe you have a different methodology that you would care to share.

So far as what I do whilst playing poker, it's very simple, I play poker.

G

gianni

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch music channels or tv series.

AllieGirl3

AllieGirl3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing poker, on here scrolling through, watching tv, and texting with a friend !! i sometimes get bored easy, but i do have to have at least one other thing going while i play poker !!

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play take notes but only stands to respond to someone from your who's home game just goes crash for some reason ! I don't know why but there is in my life )

alext9000

alext9000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch tv most of the time..and sometimes play some nice groovy music..

sj_pi

sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can live with anything around except a person talking to me when the game is on. I cannot engage in a conversation when the game is on and I have till now LOST or SHAVED my stacked by quite a bit whenever I've spoken to someone when playing.

M

mike1jones

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what I do

Back in the days when I use to play 8+ tables at once. I was completely focused,
but now since I play only 1 play money table at a time, I do ANYTHING I can find to do.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simply binge watch TV series on DVD's one episode after another......This way i don't get bored easy... it eases my mind off the game and passes time easily hence alleviating boredom...... I've binged Breaking Bad, Person of Interest, Reign etc, and just finished season 4 of Game of thrones....today i shall start binging a series called 'EVENTs'....hope its good

J

JLuv81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to new albums on Youtube, I've discovered some pretty sick artists that way

V

Vazh93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to some "feel good" music while playing live. Watch some movies while playing online. Prevents me from going on tilt. :D

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
listen to music or have a show in the background. helps keep the focus

B

bush2008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i mostly sit on my phone and play bejeweled, etc. it keeps me from getting bored during long stretches of folding bad hands, and helps me play more solid and avoids tilt. having a good smart phone that doesnt die quickly helps u win a lot more, guess thats why ive been doing so well lately since moving to Reno to play.

ILIKEFISH31

ILIKEFISH31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do very little other than focus on poker while I play poker. I will, on occasion, listen to music in the background while I grind but that's it and I don't really even do that at this point. I don't want anyone around me and I don't want any distractions.

I generally have my web browser opened in the background with 50 tabs going and will read strategy threads, watch videos, browse the forums, etc while I'm at a slow table or waiting for a game to start but once I'm multitabling and trying to make some money ...that's it for anything that may pull my mind in another direction.