What challenge impacted your skills or mindset?

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I doubt whether to put a turn or not

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This issue requires a more detailed analysis in a specific case. For example, a player with challenging actions can influence the game. Probably the most inexplicable thing was when I guessed the opponent's hand, but I still helped him. Then you wonder, "I did everything right, read it like a book, but it's all pointless."

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
This is very good question should get some really different answers and opinions on this one and none of them wrong.

For me it use to be moving up between stakes playing cash tables and figuring out what adjustments to make to best exploit each different stakes player pool. Between experience and reviewing my hands I've mostly overcome it thou or at least I don't struggle near as much. It still sticks with me mentally in the back of my mind for around the first 10k hands each time I move up/down in stakes. Then I settle in don't think about it and feel fully comfortable.

This also showed on my HUD graph. Each time I moved up mainly. The green line stayed rather flat just going a little up, then down and staying basically even for around 10k hands. Then would just start to climb. Now days I find I can do adjust quicker going between stakes. Doesn't take me around 10k hands now.

Looking forward to reading others replies to this question.

Cheers!!!

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
anything other than poker can help your mindset poker is not the way lol

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think there's no such thing as poker that changes your mindset unless you talk about patience, and everything else in poker is not that important. If you are very patient and have learned a little poker, then at low limits you will be able to win and you will have enough money to survive, and your mindset changes in life when you run into smart people and talk to them