Weekend and Evening games getting tougher?

W

WaffleCone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Anyone else finding weekends and evenings are changing gamewise?

They used to be a bit softer and now it seems like the player pool is changing, the schedule is reducing a lot more games during those times. Anyone have any feedback on this?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
strong poker squads play during the day and live poker in the evening, poker is played by a lot of amateurs who come after work to play their favorite game, so tournaments make sure that the structure of the games in the evening is more than during the day there are few prize money and players

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it difficult to make such broad statements with so many different sites and games available. And unless its a geo-limited site like pokerstars Italy or GG Poker Ontario, what is evening for some players will be morning or lunchtime for others, depending what time zone people are playing from.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It's just us nerds that play poker on weekends now.

During the boom everyone and their grandmother played.. and they played drunk.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes , this is normal .
In summer time I see a lot of people are missing from tables, also lower amount of players in evenings
Yep. As the weather improves, people want to be outside socializing, not sat inside clicking buttons. The regs and the pros are still playing though, so the average ability increases significantly.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Honestly I have found that weekends tend to be a lot softer than weekdays I think that's because most of the people who really are just playing for the fun of it are less likely to play during the work week, I think this is the same reasoning behind how a tournament could have 200 people Monday through Thursday but suddenly have 500 on Friday Saturday.

Top 10 Games