The most valuable lesson you've learned

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I learned and I think everyone should learn and never play outside of their buy in, you have to have bankroll management to be profitable in poker in the long term

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Doesn't matter your experience, your level of play or how much you have won or lost in past any one can win with any hand on any given day. So be thankful and humble when you win graceful when you loose and enjoy it as it is a game after all.

This was my initial thought:
Doesn't matter your experience, your level of play or how much you have won or lost in past you will never win with Pocket jacks :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The concept of ICM! I've seen myself in the case of a valuable hand, like QQ KK, having to drop that hand due to the involvement of more villains near prize zones! I think this type of play is not easy for the player, but it shows how important knowledge is.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello everyone. An important lesson I've learned: it can't be summed up in just a few words. Yes, bankroll management matters - you can't always rely on luck. Even in a tournament like the $109 buy-in Sunday Million, not everyone sticks to ranges, and it's entirely possible to play based on your hole cards. Also, making the right choice of playing style is important - it's crucial to assess when to play tight and when to play loose-aggressive!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
patience you have to be tough in sports poker is almost a sport so the most important thing to achieve your goal is to walk a long way and survive in poker, the most important thing is to go this path so that you stay at the end at the final table and become the first in the tournament. To do this, you need to be able to wait and concentrate in poker

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can give you many examples of very good lessons in poker. But I would like to emphasise the fact that you should never bluff against bad players, as I did when I started playing. In poker, I always made this mistake and lost a lot of money, because bad players will always take your bets thinking that you are cheating them all the time, and they will do it with any cards. So play with fish with all your money only when you are sure that you are ahead.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The most valuable lesson I\ve learned.....failed to exhibit...learned again...again failed in practice...and learned some more...
How to Fold.

So now, the goal is to move from the position of "Call Station" to "Foldilocks and the three Streets"

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
The fact that people can get very upset when they play with money.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In the investment world, there is a saying that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent. The same applies to variance in poker. You can make the correct calls repeatedly but if your bankroll management can't withstand downswings, you will go broke.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I'm still learning lol, and have a lot of lessons to be learned.

Probably, yes, to be patient and don't tilt.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The most important lesson is to never play tired or you will be tilt. You should always rest, do sports, and then sit down to play poker

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What's the most valuable lesson you've learned from your experiences in online poker? Whether it's a strategic insight, a memorable hand, or a surprising turn of events, share a moment that made you stop and reflect on your approach to the game
Hi
The turning point for me was the day when I realized that poker could become an additional source of income for me. I remember that day like today. Then I was lucky enough to win about $120 in a freeroll on pokerstars. From that day on, my attitude towards the game changed significantly, I started playing more patiently and disciplined.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The main thing is not to repeat the same mistakes and do better to gain experience!

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stop chasing your losses and focus on improving your poker skills

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience. You cannot win a tournament at the start but you can sure lose it. Keep an even temper if possible. Know that you will often run bad, it’s part of the game. Time enough for another game tomorrow if today did not work out.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mental part of poker is the most important skill you need to develop to be a successful poker player.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The most valuable lesson I learned was that eventually, in a tournament, you must play the opposition, and not your cards. Annette Obrestad showed this when she played almost all of an online tourney with a Post-It note stuck over her cards on her screen (she peeked once). Your opponents' fold equity (a ridiculous term) is so important when there's money about to be won.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
To be patient, Control tilting and never chase my lost, just move away and start a new day with new goals.

Jimlad999

Jimlad999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that being patient is key, Also if I'm on a losing run I take a few days away so that when I come back I feel ready to take on the challenge again.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just come back to my home after an hospitalization and the most valuable thing that I learned is the price of freedom:)

M

moriarty137

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
have patience and that winners think long term