Making strong hands after you folded?

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best just to forget about it and not to dwell on it. Would we not all love to rewind 30 seconds and make a different decision, we would all be millionaires. Hindsight is a great thing, best just to concentrate on getting information from the other players in the hand.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's happened several times, I gave up because I thought it wasn't worth it at the moment and then they beat my cards, but it's part of the game, right?

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
This is exactly why you shouldn't worry about what would have happened after your fold. After you've folded your hand, you can stay at the table and watch the others play, but you have to rule out in your mind that you would have been the winner because you had the nuts.
Your whole game can depend on this, because you think about what would have happened if..., how many chips you would have if... etc.

Jimlad999

Jimlad999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always the same when you think you have a bad hand, Then wish you had stayed in.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good decisions should be taken. Constantly chasing the luck shouldn't, if we're playing seriously, but sometimes, if you have strong stack.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The results most likely would have been different had you played.

You should not be results oriented, just try to make the correct decision. If you were asked to pick a number between 1 and 100 and guessed it right, it in no way means you are good at guessing numbers.

The shoulda, woulda, coulda, won't help you.

doubledribl

doubledribl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few inputs (position, tournament stage, final table)? When you decide to open your hand, you should already have a strategy for your game, initially without seeing the flop and so on on every street and of course the actions of your opponents

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you're in a hand where you're not sure whether to bet or fold. So you bet, and the flop shows nothing comes up to help you.

In the same instance, you decide to fold. Once you fold, the flop come up all in your favor, kicking yourself for not betting.

My question is that do you believe the outcome of the flop would come out the same, or is is set to come out differently based upon your choice of bet or fold?
I understand where you are coming from Doc, I too have had many regrets after folding and seeing my possible winner as the cards unfold, however the only reasonable choice is grin and bear it, or suck it up buttercup, lol

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think what will hit on the flop, turn or river doesn't change, the fact that you bet or fold is due to the equity of your hand and often on the flop and it will be a bad hand but on the river it could be nuts it remains to be seen if you Will you pay until the end or not?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So you're in a hand where you're not sure whether to bet or fold. So you bet, and the flop shows nothing comes up to help you.

In the same instance, you decide to fold. Once you fold, the flop come up all in your favor, kicking yourself for not betting.

My question is that do you believe the outcome of the flop would come out the same, or is is set to come out differently based upon your choice of bet or fold?

Oh this is an easy one!

Once you've decided your course of action, DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE! Every single time! This way you'll always hit the board! (frankly I'm shocked you haven't figured this out for yourself)

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, it is necessary to evaluate the result depending on how to play, and not what will happen later. After all, next time nothing may fall out, and we will play loose all this time

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
normally everything must be random, I don't think anything changes depending on how you play

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't let the rabbit show impact your game..

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just don’t understand how the flop can be different and depend on whether you folded your hand or not??? Maybe I didn't quite understand your question???

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

you mean if the flop would have been the same if you were bet? of course.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker